Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Tradesman - 1 post away from 10k!

Comment

Gee, 10K, it’s almost like a birthday or something, bad thing is, have a long way to go and may never get there. I enjoy helping folks out here, but also sort of have a personal goal. I really like the forums here, and ever since GSkill and GSkill Tech decided to give me a chance here first as a moderator and then as an Administrator, in addition to helping as many as I can, I also made it a goal to keep these forums as ‘clean’ as possible. I hate going to forums all over everywhere and seeing SPAM posted right and left. To that end I screen each new user when they sign up and try and Ban all that are known Spammers….I’ve banned more Spammers than I’ve made posts. We currently have more Spammers on the rolls than we do legitimate members…..so if you ever see me out here, and wonder why I’m not posting, it may well be because I’m ‘cleaning’. One day, I’d like to have more posts than we have Spammers, but they just keep coming. And if anybody ever does come across Spam, drop me a PM or one to GSkill Tech so we can get rid of it…..

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hey Tman,
        Thank you for the speedy replies. Boom, boom, just like John Wayne I had my answers. So a little math now.....For the past 39 months, you have over 10,000 posts, that equals an average around 8-1/2 replies a day, at 7 days a week! Thats pretty humbling. For non-employee you should a company car, 2 weeks paid vacation in Hawaii, or they should at least put you on the payroll. You answer posts faster than the gskill tech guys. No offense, gskill tech guys. I know, "I had to clean the break room, I had to bring my kid to the doctor, My dog ate my computer." j/k. Anyway, Tman I will take a look at the 3 different 32gig kits and order later today. I will have a ? or two on how to set up my ramdisk. Thanks again.
        Tahoe Joe

Comment

I have an excuse, actually a couple. I've got a systems business so I do a fair number of builds, repairs and upgrades....and with all three of those alone, spend a fair amount of time in the shop and you can imagine what goes on.....rigs with memtest running or virus and/or malware checks, running Prime, etc...often a lot of dead time, so I check in. A positive for me is that all the new components show up quickly here so it lets me get a feel for what they can do/handle, then when clients show up and ask about builds/upgrades or help in setting up a new build, at times I've never even touched one of their mobos, sets of DRAM or CPU but already have a good idea of their capabilities....so it's a plus, plus for me to sort of do things hands on in a visceral sense....and I enjoy helping people. At times I think I could travel most anywhere, and drop a few emails before I left and find someone to talk to where ever I went, we have members from all over the world and in every state of the US

.....GSkill and GSkill Tech are both great, have to keep in mind their primary support work is with the phone and email support, many people out there don't even know about the forums, so they keep pretty busy non-stop, Gskill has the widest selection of DRAM products available and are always at the cutting edge with DRAM, but I know whenever I have a question or ask them to take a look at a problem they are right there ready to jump in. Forums, for many manufacturers, whether it be mobos, DRAM, GPU, CPU, PSU, drives are generally just for customers, enthusiasts, etc....it's not often you see their support folks out answering questions and helping folks.
          Last edited by Tradesman; 05-25-2012, 07:35 AM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Tman, it's a shamed we don't live closer. I would be applying for a job. Imagine what I could learn from you. Besides, working on computers is just fun.
            i7-5930K - Asus X99 Deluxe- 16GB G Skill DDR4-2800 - EVGA GTX 980 Classified -Corsair AX 1200i -4 X Samsung 500GB SSD - XSPC RX360 - Alphacool UT60 360mm - D5 Pump - Phanteks Enthoo Primo Case

Comment

great help thanks!

Comment

Thanx. I'll give it a try.

Comment

awesome help

he's quick in helping people and actually fixed my problem ;]

Comment

He seems to make a habit of that

Comment

• Thanks Tradesman, You helped me isolate the problem trying to run more then 1 stick of DDR2 in the Intel 975Xbx2 because of Voltage requirements from the Bus were not sufficient.

Comment

• Tradesman is providing great support that I wish all of my computer component manufacturers could provide. I'm going to try to purchase G.SKILL RAM every time.

Comment

• alrigth sogn d'leit

Tradesman is the one. Increase his salary!

Comment

• Tman has always provided OUTSTANDING SUPPORT and the speed at which he replies is simply the BEST - He is a true asset here at the GSkill Forum!
                            Thanks
                            SaphireX
                            ASRock?Z68 Extreme7 Gen3-Intel?Core i7-2600K-Corsair?H100-16GB G.SKILL?Ripjaws DDR3 2133-(2)ASUS?ENGTX560 TI in SLi-Mushkin?Chronos Deluxe 120GB FW332 SATA 6.0 Gb/s SSD-(2)WD?2002FAEX 2TB SATA 6.0 Gb/s-HP?DVD Writer SATA Model 1260i-Plextor?Blu-ray writer PX-LB950SA-PCP&C?Silencer Mk II 950W-Inwin?DRAGON RIDER case-APC? BR1500LCD UPS 1500VA w/AVR-Viewsonic? V3D245
                            3D LED display @120hz-Win7? Ultimate 64

Comment

• thnx for your quick replys!

Comment

• I second Intelguy's comments in Post #10, with the addition that Tman often offers even more specific advice through private messages, and he is unfailingly polite and patient in dealing with newcomers to the G.Skill forums, like myself. I am awed by the energy, talent, and expertise he exhibits every day!

Comment

Working...
                                X