X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MeiBee
    replied
    Originally posted by n2nshadow View Post
    Grrr, This is getting to be a real headache.

While still waiting for 2 of my sticks to come back from RMA.. 1 of the 2 I kept here, went dark and is refusing to light back up. I haven't even touched the software, been trying to avoid this crap again..

I'm becoming disgusted.

That's completely disheartening since all we can do is get replacements using the RMA...of course it's too late to return to the store..The only reason I haven't done the RMA is I don't have extra Ram just sitting around to use while the rgb ones get shipped off.

Leave a comment:

• n2nshadow
    replied
    Grrr, This is getting to be a real headache.

While still waiting for 2 of my sticks to come back from RMA.. 1 of the 2 I kept here, went dark and is refusing to light back up. I haven't even touched the software, been trying to avoid this crap again..

I'm becoming disgusted.

Leave a comment:

• HeroCrusher
    replied
    Bios update came out for my MB...ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6.

However it made no difference of course.

Software still cant see my 2 dark sticks.

About to just call it a loss and go with the dark sticks for the long run.

RMA would cause me downtime and very possibly more headaches in the future.

Leave a comment:

• QuantumsEdge
    replied
    Originally posted by QuantumsEdge View Post
    X99A MSI Gaming 7, Windows 10-64 bit. The G.skill TridentZ RGB 3000MHZ 15cas 32GB that I have all light up doing the rainbow thing but which ones actually respond to the G.Skill software is random upon each boot.

edit: running the latest BIOS also, H.F0
    Since I posted this no new software from G.Skill has come out and neither has an update for my BIOS so I am not sure what has changed; however, now I can never get the program to launch, even after clean installation and restarting the LED service. It simply goes straight to crash dump.

Leave a comment:

• HeroCrusher
    replied
    Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
    adamr,

A couple of things. Haswell-E CPUs have lower support for memory speed compared to Broadwell-E, so it's hard to get high RAM frequency if you are clocking it to 4GHz. So our suggestion is to drop the CPU clock about 200MHz, and try the 3000MHz setting on either 100 or 125 strap, but a straight XMP should work.

Usually, the steps go like this: reset BIOS to optimal defaults, turn on XMP and make sure that the memory can work at the intended speed (3000MHz in this case), and then see how high the CPU can clock.

About the DIMMs not lighting up, we're still going through the motherboards one by one, and trying to figure out what's wrong for ones that have issues. Usually it's due to a conflicting software by another company that's interfering with the service operating in the background, so restarting the service should help in most cases. Even with the same motherboard brand, each board is designed slightly different, which needs to be looked at differently when trying to get RGB support.

There are two main types of cases for lighting not operating properly:
    1) DIMM is randomly not controllable, like in your case. This is likely software like CPU-Z or another system spec software is running, and trying to access the memory (like SPD info), causing the Trident Z RGB software to hiccup. In this case, restarting service like the steps you describe helps.
    2) DIMM is stuck on off. This is more likely a major software conflict, where another lighting software was trying to access the RGB on the memory at the same time as the Trident Z RGB software. Usually uninstalling the lighting control software, pressing "Default" in the Trident Z RGB software, wait a minute for the commands to go through, and then a cold boot with power disconnect would fix these type of issues. If none of these work, then we're still gathering more information to figure out what exactly went wrong that causes the sticks to get stuck.

Thanks also for the more detailed specs. It would help.
    Yea but what do we do If the software wont even detect the RAM?

I already moved my RAM and finally got them to be detected but now they are back to not detected and dark... It seems once the RAM sticks go dark it doesn't matter what slots I have them in. Besides I cant just move my RAM every time the software has a hiccup... My radiator is in the way and I have to drop the rad every time I move RAM.

HELP!
    Last edited by HeroCrusher; 04-06-2017, 11:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• adamr
    replied
    ok happy days

got XMP 3000Mhz to work

Still running my CPU at 4000Mhz at 1.20V, Vcache at 3500 at 1.2V
    The only change i made was to change the "rampage tweak" setting under the dram timings section from "auto" to "mode 1" ... and like that im at xmp

So for now all works for me ... might want to add this for people not getting xmp to work.

Leave a comment:

• adamr
    replied
    Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
    adamr,

A couple of things. Haswell-E CPUs have lower support for memory speed compared to Broadwell-E, so it's hard to get high RAM frequency if you are clocking it to 4GHz. So our suggestion is to drop the CPU clock about 200MHz, and try the 3000MHz setting on either 100 or 125 strap, but a straight XMP should work.

Usually, the steps go like this: reset BIOS to optimal defaults, turn on XMP and make sure that the memory can work at the intended speed (3000MHz in this case), and then see how high the CPU can clock.

About the DIMMs not lighting up, we're still going through the motherboards one by one, and trying to figure out what's wrong for ones that have issues. Usually it's due to a conflicting software by another company that's interfering with the service operating in the background, so restarting the service should help in most cases. Even with the same motherboard brand, each board is designed slightly different, which needs to be looked at differently when trying to get RGB support.

1) DIMM is randomly not controllable, like in your case. This is likely software like CPU-Z or another system spec software is running, and trying to access the memory (like SPD info), causing the Trident Z RGB software to hiccup. In this case, restarting service like the steps you describe helps.
    2) DIMM is stuck on off. This is more likely a major software conflict, where another lighting software was trying to access the RGB on the memory at the same time as the Trident Z RGB software. Usually uninstalling the lighting control software, pressing "Default" in the Trident Z RGB software, wait a minute for the commands to go through, and then a cold boot with power disconnect would fix these type of issues. If none of these work, then we're still gathering more information to figure out what exactly went wrong that causes the sticks to get stuck.

Thanks for the reply ... I've actually followed exactly the procedure you've stated. With a bios at optimised defaults (cpu at stock speeds) the system will not post when I choose xmp. Get a 6f (looks like bf) code on the qcode before the system just shuts itself down

Thing to note also is that the corsair vengeance 32gb led kit at basically the same specs would have no issues with xmp and worked fine. That is running 30000mhz at a 125 strap. So the imc controller is able to handle 3000mhz

At present I've left the 2800mhz settings and tightened the timings ... So now at 15-17-17 32 1T.

Hope this additional info can help. Pretty sure a bios update from asus would fix the xmp thing . I am btw running the latest 3504 bios

Regarding the leds ... The trick with restarting the service works a charm. The only software I have running that might interfere with the g.skill software is corsair link (which I need to control my aio cooler)

Leave a comment:

• jon666
    replied
    Awww yeah. MSi Carbon X370 should arrive tomorrow. Ended up with an extra set of Trident RGB, since I grabbed the non samsung ones the first time. D'oh. After reading this thread I think I will have to settle for overclocking first, then fixing lights next.

Leave a comment:

• G.SKILL
    replied
    adamr,

Leave a comment:

• adamr
    replied
    My machine spec
    Rampage V Extreme X99
    i7 5960x (@4Ghz)
    G.skill RGB Ram 4x8gig 3000Mhz
    1080ti GTX SLI
    AX1200 PSU

CPU core at 1.2V
    VCCSA at 1.05V
    DRAM volts: 1.37V (0.02 volts higher than xmp spec)
    Timings: 16-18-18-38
    SPD writes enabled

issues
    1. Cant run higher than 2800Mhz on the dimms (rock stable at this speed using manual settings)
    2. Sometimes one dimm fails to change colours using the beta software. I can fix it by closing the beta software. Then looking for the service AsLEDService and stopping it. Then starting the service and opening the gskill software ... upon which ill get an error and the app closes. Try and open the app again (yes for the second time) which will now work and all is good again where i can control all LEDS
    3. Related to 1 above ... cant run xmp, nor a strap of 125Mhz. Tried more VCCSA more volts to the ram to get it to 3000Mhz with no luck
    Last edited by adamr; 04-05-2017, 08:37 AM. Reason: fix for leds disappearing

Leave a comment:

• Edzel14k
    replied
    My sig specs below

Asus rampage extreme v edition 10
    I7 6800k
    32gb 3200mhz rgb g.skill
    1070 strix gpu asus sli
    Ax1200i psu

Problem 2 modules no light after installimg the new beta software.. suspecting the new beta software 1.00.16 trigger something from the physical rgb controller on the memory, it might turn it off or something not sure. But i suggest all not install this software until they fully stable it. Mine im going to rma it

Really frustrated.. my friend is a developer and said that this kind of bug is not easy it may take months or even more.. so you guys decide. If your ok waiting which kinda frustrated amd time waist.

Leave a comment:

• KnightRider7880
    replied
    One thing I noticed is that most of the people having severe issues getting these to work are not giving system specs.

Please post your Motherboard and Processor as it will help G.Skill in diagnosing problems on certain platforms.

Leave a comment:

• Edzel14k
    replied
    It might probably take months or more... software is very buggy.. now i understand why others now dont like rgb.. very dissapointed.. ;(. I will be going to RMA this and sell it..

Leave a comment:

• HeroCrusher
    replied
    Originally posted by Edzel14k View Post
    I have the same problem i have 4x8 32gb 3200mhz rgb kit after installing this crappy software. 2 modules have no light , tried everything here, still does not work for me.. looks im going to RMA this.

A bit frustrated on this
    Yea usually I'm worried about how long it will take to fix when it comes to this type of stuff but this time I'm worried about (IF) they can fix it.

ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 latest BIOS
    7700k CPU
    Last edited by HeroCrusher; 04-04-2017, 05:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Edzel14k
    replied
    I have the same problem i have 4x8 32gb 3200mhz rgb kit after installing this crappy software. 2 modules have no light , tried everything here, still does not work for me.. looks im going to RMA this.

A bit frustrated on this

Leave a comment:

Working...
X