X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BillB
    replied
    Originally posted by arkloom View Post
    i have a problem with 32GB Trident Z RGB software v1.00.xx - v1.00.22 BETA / AsRogAuraService.exe/LightingService.exe.

As I start any simple program like for example mozilla firefox browser or Music.UI.exe(Microsoft windows 10 Groove-Music) than I get extremely high CPU utilization with ur AsRogAuraService.exe/LightingService.exe 13-30% sometimes 60% in the background process and that without gskill software music light mod!

And when I run the program HWMonitor to control my cpu or gpu temperature than Freezes and crash the gskill software complete and than stops my 32GB Trident Z RGB RAM his lighting! and the AsRogAuraService.exe/LightingService.exe process Starts to go up high!

My system ist Freshly installed with windows 10 pro
    Asus MAXIMUS VIII GENE (Current BIOS 3401)
    i7-6700k 4-4.2GHZ (not oc)
    32gb gskill Trident Z RGB 3000Mhz (not oc 2133MHZ)
    asus ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING (Current BIOS 1.02)

Way i can not change the RGB Colour settings and the 32GB Trident Z RAM Remember this, Without using this AsRogAuraService.exe/LightingService.exe service always in the background!

with this tool "AURA RGB Lighting Control for Graphic card & ROG-XG-STATION-2" for ASUS STRIX-GTX1070 can i change my Graphic card RGB Light and than close the tool, and the graphic crad remember my RGB Lighting settings forever Without any background process.
    Why not synonymous with your program?

13-30% sometimes 60% Processor utilization is a really extreme problem!

pls fix this
    thx

sorry my english bad
    I am not surprised you are seeing high CPU utilization. Many utilities offered by hardware manufacturers are resource hogs. ASUS AI Suite and AURA are prime examples as is Corsair Link. High CPU usage, memory leaks, improper SMB Bus interlocking. Properly coded programs like SIV barely use 3%.

I have never understood why companies that develop and sell performance hardware to enthusiasts then couple it with utilities that degrades system performance far more than they need to. SIV does everything Corsair Link can do, and many things it can't, is rock stable, and uses hardly any resources. It also uses the proper SMB Bus interlocks. The developer of SIV is aware of the G.Skill LED RAM debacle, knows exactly what the problems are, and could easily add full control support for G.Skill LED RAM to SIV but does not want to get into the "Your program bricked my RAM" issues.

He has been trying to get ASUS to fix their code for years. He did convince Corsair though Link continues to be plagued with poor coding bugs. I suspect ASUS may finally be coming around, perhaps in part because their improper SMB Bus access is now causing problems with LED RAM that uses the SMB Bus for LED control data. So you may start to see improvement in that regard. They are going to have to use the proper interlocks if LED RAM is ever going to work. As for more efficient CPU usage - I wouldn't hold your breath.

Leave a comment:

• Fladust
    replied
    I'm trying to install the new updated program for the RGB and now I'm having issues. I had the old one uninstalled after it lost control of the sticks. And now I am trying to install the new one and I'm getting an error.

Leave a comment:

• arkloom
    replied
    LightingService.exe high process CPU utilization

i have a problem with 32GB Trident Z RGB software v1.00.xx - v1.00.22 BETA / AsRogAuraService.exe/LightingService.exe.

As I start any simple program like for example mozilla firefox browser or Music.UI.exe(Microsoft windows 10 Groove-Music) than I get extremely high CPU utilization with ur AsRogAuraService.exe/LightingService.exe 13-30% sometimes 60% in the background process and that without gskill software music light mod!

And when I run the program HWMonitor to control my cpu or gpu temperature than Freezes and crash the gskill software complete and than stops my 32GB Trident Z RGB RAM his lighting! and the AsRogAuraService.exe/LightingService.exe process Starts to go up high!

My system ist Freshly installed with windows 10 pro
    Asus MAXIMUS VIII GENE (Current BIOS 3401)
    i7-6700k 4-4.2GHZ (not oc)
    32gb gskill Trident Z RGB 3000Mhz (not oc 2133MHZ)
    asus ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAMING (Current BIOS 1.02)

Way i can not change the RGB Colour settings and the 32GB Trident Z RAM Remember this, Without using this AsRogAuraService.exe/LightingService.exe service always in the background!

with this tool "AURA RGB Lighting Control for Graphic card & ROG-XG-STATION-2" for ASUS STRIX-GTX1070 can i change my Graphic card RGB Light and than close the tool, and the graphic crad remember my RGB Lighting settings forever Without any background process.
    Why not synonymous with your program?

13-30% sometimes 60% Processor utilization is a really extreme problem!

pls fix this
    thx

sorry my english bad
    Attached Files
    Last edited by arkloom; 06-06-2017, 05:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• d.giessing
    replied
    Yeah it's just that i do not have any other RGB software or even HWInfo, CPUZ installed anymore... If i could only get the other stick working again...

Leave a comment:

• Whiskey-Foxtrot
    replied
    Originally posted by d.giessing View Post
    So one of my Sticks remains "dark". I say this because there is a glow from some LEDs still there. The other stick is working and I can open the control software and change its mode.
    However, for a period of time i could not use the software because the sticks were not recognized.
    I figured out that this is related to an entry in the SPD. It is important that Line 1F0 States
    52 47 42 and the rest zeroes. As some of you may notice this states RGB in ASCII. So one of the sticks did not have that and i used typhoon burner to change that and write it into the SPD, and afterwards i was able to access the software again. But i have not figured out how to get the LEDs on the second one working again... It seems so awkward that there does not seem to be any proper reset functionality on the hardware...

Edit1: So I just did another read of the SPD by Typhoon Burner just after system restart and it showed CRC errors for both sticks. Also the LED animation of the working module was set to color circle, not rainbow mode. So I went in the software and set it to Default (was successfully applied). Then I reread the SPD again and the CRC errors are gone.

I wish GSkill would provide fresh SPDs for all their kits so we could use them to reset the sticks. I have the feeliung that this would help a lot

Edit2: I just removed the working stick from the system and tried with only the other stick inserted. When only the non working stick is in the control program will always crash. I had a backup of the working sticks spd and flashed it onto the non working one but that did not change a thing.

I am using them on a MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic on Bios Revision H4 with an Ryzen 5 1600. The kit is the F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
    You will keep running into this corrupted SPD issue regardless of how many times you "restore" your SPD to it's original state as long as you have multiple apps accessing (R/W) SPD. This is an inherent flaw with how the control software works and until that gets fixed you will keep having to chase an SPD-rewrite.

On a side note, I haven't had any issues since I figured out the fixes for MY system with the help of Typhoon Burner - but prior to that whenever I try to switch to one of the flashing modes and restart immediately after doing this, I would end up with a corrupt SPD - everytime. I also think it's coincidence, but since I've been on the BETA BIOSes for my board, I haven't had ANY occurrences of my SPD getting corrupted - whether I switch to a different mode and pull the power plug while I'm changing it etc. I simply can't reproduce it anymore.

The other thing I did was completely uninstall the G.Skill beta software (including removing ALL registry entries etc with CCleaner) and I can change modes to my hearts content. Simple uninstalls will not work with beta version 16 and below - you HAVE to thoroughly clean your system from all left over folders/files/reg entries BEFORE installing another LED controller app.

Leave a comment:

• Sivoloc
    replied
    I've been having huge issues with the ram since i bought em 2 weeks ago;

missing light on both sticks.
    only having light in one of them at a time.
    when choosing different settings exept static the would not be in sync with each other.
    Having to cold boot the system to get them to react to the settings i chose and seconds after it desynced.

I formatted my system 9 times and each time i chose only certain drivers and programs to see what is blocking the route.

I thought i went through it all but i found out that even the standard Corsair Link software (without the RBG) is Blocking the SPD route somehow after i uninstalled it i havent had problems with the ram at, all.

I know they say to not have any RBG software installed but i dont have anything. So it seems basic CA Link has hidden RBG feature.

Speccs;
    I5 6600k
    Asus Maximus Viii Impact
    16gig Trident z RBG
    MSI 1070 gaming X

Leave a comment:

• d.giessing
    replied
    So one of my Sticks remains "dark". I say this because there is a glow from some LEDs still there. The other stick is working and I can open the control software and change its mode.
    However, for a period of time i could not use the software because the sticks were not recognized.
    I figured out that this is related to an entry in the SPD. It is important that Line 1F0 States
    52 47 42 and the rest zeroes. As some of you may notice this states RGB in ASCII. So one of the sticks did not have that and i used typhoon burner to change that and write it into the SPD, and afterwards i was able to access the software again. But i have not figured out how to get the LEDs on the second one working again... It seems so awkward that there does not seem to be any proper reset functionality on the hardware...

Edit1: So I just did another read of the SPD by Typhoon Burner just after system restart and it showed CRC errors for both sticks. Also the LED animation of the working module was set to color circle, not rainbow mode. So I went in the software and set it to Default (was successfully applied). Then I reread the SPD again and the CRC errors are gone.

I wish GSkill would provide fresh SPDs for all their kits so we could use them to reset the sticks. I have the feeliung that this would help a lot

Edit2: I just removed the working stick from the system and tried with only the other stick inserted. When only the non working stick is in the control program will always crash. I had a backup of the working sticks spd and flashed it onto the non working one but that did not change a thing.

I am using them on a MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic on Bios Revision H4 with an Ryzen 5 1600. The kit is the F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
    Last edited by d.giessing; 06-04-2017, 09:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Xercium
    replied
    Could you post a link? the site only gives me download for the 1.00.16 Beta...

Leave a comment:

• jaaben
    replied
    Originally posted by Logan7o2 View Post
    If you can trade, I would. 1.0.0.16 or whatever worked "ok" for me, but with the new update, now nothing works. They just stay on rainbow spectrum, and I can't change it. Even corsair is coming out with some RGB ram soon, I would take those over g skill at this point.
    Yes, I can change. The store in which I bought will make the exchange, because the problem occurred on the 3rd day of use. I already authorized to send and will make the exchange for Vengeance RGB. I'm trying and trying to get back the RGB from G.Skill but from what I've seen, it will not work. I'll change then.

Leave a comment:

• Logan7o2
    replied
    Originally posted by jaaben View Post
    Good morning. First sorry for the bad English. I'm brazilian. I am following this topic in search of a solution to the problem in rgb and I was very sad. I'm looking forward to trading G.Skill for Vengeance RGB but I like G.Skill more.
    G.Skill has already spoken about some official non-beta software that will solve the problem?

If you can trade, I would. 1.0.0.16 or whatever worked "ok" for me, but with the new update, now nothing works. They just stay on rainbow spectrum, and I can't change it. Even corsair is coming out with some RGB ram soon, I would take those over g skill at this point.

Leave a comment:

• jaaben
    replied
    Good morning. First sorry for the bad English. I'm brazilian. I am following this topic in search of a solution to the problem in rgb and I was very sad. I'm looking forward to trading G.Skill for Vengeance RGB but I like G.Skill more.
    G.Skill has already spoken about some official non-beta software that will solve the problem?

Leave a comment:

• avioni
    replied
    i think one of the module lighting died. not sure. i swap the working module around and it always turns on but the otherone wont power on on any slot.

Leave a comment:

• avioni
    replied
    today i powered system on and one of the ram modules is not lighting. ive had no problems for a long time i was still on software .08 so i tried powering off system and unplugging it for a few minutes and that didnt solve it, then i cleared cmos and that did not fix it. wthen i uninstalled the app and again did the unplugging for a few minutes and that did not fix it. so i just installed the latest app .22 but im still not getting both modules to light up my OCD is driving me nuts.

Leave a comment:

• sdmf74
    replied
    Originally posted by BillB View Post
    May I ask where you heard that automatic voltage changes due to corrupted SPD data is damaging RAM slots? This is one I have not heard elsewhere. That would REALLY be a nasty problem. Bricked DIMMs is one thing. Damaged MOBOs is quite another.

If G.Skill is refusing to issue refunds for corrupted SPD DIMMs, it would seem a safe bet that they will REALLY not like the idea that this problem could permanently damage a motherboard and customers would expect them to pay to replace hardware they don't even sell. WOW. I hope, for everyone's sake that is not true...
    I read one or two instances of it in this thread or another G Skill rgb sucks thread, There are so many not sure where exactly.

Originally posted by Tucubanito07 View Post
    Are you on Ryzen?
    Intel

Leave a comment:

• QuantumsEdge
    replied
    that's 4 months that G.Skill has my money, and I DO NOT have what I paid for.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X