Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samy355
    replied
    Maybe i can answer my own question because i stumbled across something. I think the auraservice has problems with the hwinfo service. If i deactivate the hwinfo the trident rgb seem to work without freezing. I will let it run for some hours and if it doesnt freeze i am confident that the problem was hwinfo. Next step would be to run hwinfo without smbus access maybe both services can exist together then.

Leave a comment:

• Samy355
    replied
    For me it is the same the Version 1.00.08 is working "better" then the 1.00.16.

In Version 1.00.08 everything works, i can adjust all four dimms all react to the mode and color i set them to. Also the benefit of individual lightning of all dimms is nice.

In Version 1.00.16 the individual color modes are removed but the bigger problem is that in 1.00.16 i can only control three of my four dimms. The last dimm stays always on default rainbow and doesnt react to any command. In 1.00.08 the fourth dimm work normaly.

But now my main issue :

Doesnt matter if i use 08 or 16 version my dimms will freeze about some minutes after windows starts. They just get stuck in the color they show during the freeze till i restart my system.
    I also noticed the following, if the lights get stuck the gskill software will freeze too if i try to send a new command to the dimms. And additionally if the lights are frozen i cannot read the SPD Data anymore. F.e. if i try to read SPD with cpu-z it show nothing absolutly nothing. After a restart i can read the SPD data and the lights will work again some minutes.

Is there any solution for this issue? Or atleast a explaination why it happens or what i can do to make them work?

Mainboard is a Gigabyte z170x gaming g1 and windows 10 pro 64bit.

Regards

Leave a comment:

• paysen
    replied
    Originally posted by hyphen951 View Post
    Are you suggesting people do a clean windows install? Or use the TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.08beta? Because simply saying "try this" is really ambiguous.
    Using the 1.008.08 is my advice. The clean windows installation is just the reason why I had this problem. Before, i had 1.008.08 installed and had no problems most of the time. After installing, the only version available was the 1.00.16, which is not running well for me. So I had to uninstall that version and install 1.00.08.

Sadly, they only give you the latest version, but the link for the older version still works:
    http://www.gskill.com/gskill-device/....00.08beta.zip

Leave a comment:

• Leyba
    replied
    it's not just the LEDs going dark after installing xxx16, also, the RAM no longer works at any other speed except 2133. the software broke the RAM. many newegg reviewers are reporting this happening. mine no longer boots if set higher than 2133. I've put in my old Corsair Doms and set it to multiple speeds. my Rampage 10 booted with no issues.

I wish the Corsair RGB RAM was available at the time I bought these faulty paperweights.

Leave a comment:

• hyphen951
    replied
    Originally posted by paysen View Post
    Are you suggesting people do a clean windows install? Or use the TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.08beta? Because simply saying "try this" is really ambiguous.

Leave a comment:

• paysen
    replied
    Originally posted by Patriek View Post
    Hi,

I've 4 ramsticks of 8 gb from gskill tridenz rgb in my computer. They're on my X99a motherboard from msi. the software only recognizes the last 2 sticks. But the first 2 it doesn't recognize for some kind of reason. the software always crashes the first time.
    https://drdump.com/Problem.aspx?Prob...79&Login=guest
    the 2nd time it boots up normally.
    My ramsticks are in port 1,3,5 and 7
    the gskill software recognizes the ramsticks in port 5 and 7 but not in port 1 and 3 .

I hope you can help me with this problem

Regards, Patriek
    If you have "dead led's" try this:
    http://www.gskill.us/forum/showpost....&postcount=270

Leave a comment:

• Leyba
    replied
    not a word from GSkill about dead LEDs. I had to RMA mine; but I'm not excited to get back a product that doesn't work.

Leave a comment:

• Patriek
    replied
    Problem with 2 gskill ramsticks.

Hi,

I've 4 ramsticks of 8 gb from gskill tridenz rgb in my computer. They're on my X99a motherboard from msi. the software only recognizes the last 2 sticks. But the first 2 it doesn't recognize for some kind of reason. the software always crashes the first time.
    https://drdump.com/Problem.aspx?Prob...79&Login=guest
    the 2nd time it boots up normally.
    My ramsticks are in port 1,3,5 and 7
    the gskill software recognizes the ramsticks in port 5 and 7 but not in port 1 and 3 .

I hope you can help me with this problem

Regards, Patriek

Leave a comment:

• RichLin921
    replied
    Anyone here hear back from GSkill in regards to dead LEDs?

Leave a comment:

• kinjx11
    replied
    Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
    kinjx11,

Asus Aura needs to be v1.04.29 or later for it to support Trident Z RGB. Might want to check with ASUS if there's a version of Aura for the Rampage V 10 Edition that can support Trident Z RGB.

Our software only works with Trident Z RGB modules, it won't control the lighting on other devices.
    my Mobo is ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 x99

latest AURA app is AURA V1.03.48

Leave a comment:

• G.SKILL
    replied
    kinjx11,

Can you run Memtest86+, Windows Memory Diagnostic, or memory testing software and see if there's anything wrong with the memory? The BSOD message is sometimes related to bad memory IC.

Leave a comment:

• kinjx11
    replied
    plz check the error code i added above

Leave a comment:

• G.SKILL
    replied
    kinjx11,

Asus Aura needs to be v1.04.29 or later for it to support Trident Z RGB. Might want to check with ASUS if there's a version of Aura for the Rampage V 10 Edition that can support Trident Z RGB.

Our software only works with Trident Z RGB modules, it won't control the lighting on other devices.

Leave a comment:

• kinjx11
    replied
    Motherboard: asus Rampage V 10th edition x99

my issues are not very unique , basically Asus AURA won't sync the RGB effects with the sticks , also sometimes it can crash the OS after a reboot

if i remove AURA and kept G.Skill RGB app it won't crash the OS , the memory SPD was enabled in the bios too

i did get it work but it works solo , no sync effects happening at all

BSOD when i re-installed AURA

Last edited by kinjx11; 05-19-2017, 01:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tucubanito07
    replied
    Originally posted by hyphen951 View Post
    Going from 3 of 4 working RGB sticks to 1 of 4 working after the tech support email "fix" was a bit of a frustration. Clearly a software issue that should have been resolved before releasing the product/software together. I understand them wanting to jump on the RGB hype but its really sad that you buy a product only to have to play email tag to try and get it to function as advertised.
    Also don't forget. If you RMA, you will be paying for the shipping for something that has not worked from the beginning.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X