Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuantumsEdge
    replied
    It's been 4 months and I can't even open the software. Great "RGB controllable RAM" I was sold.

Leave a comment:

• HeroCrusher
    replied
    So the lighting and SPD on my 2 sticks has been fully restored but I cannot use the latest GSKILL software at all and if I even attempt to open a hardware monitoring program both sticks get corrupted instantly...

It's safe to say that on my next build I will definitely steer clear of any RGB RAM.

Even though the RAM is very nice looking it's just to much of a hassle in the end.

Leave a comment:

• Tucubanito07
    replied
    Originally posted by sdmf74 View Post
    Right now im running my 32gb 3600mhz Ram@ 3733mhz 16-16-16 36 1.400v w/ a 50x 1.365v 47x uncore overclock and it seems completely stable. So far no code 55, Im gonna go back and enable XMP and see if I get the code 55 again.

If so, Im curious can I use Taiphoon Burner to create a different "stable" XMP profile
    Are you on Ryzen?

Leave a comment:

• BillB
    replied
    Originally posted by sdmf74 View Post
    Now there is talk of possible automatic voltage change due to the corruption resulting in damage to the ram slots.
    May I ask where you heard that automatic voltage changes due to corrupted SPD data is damaging RAM slots? This is one I have not heard elsewhere. That would REALLY be a nasty problem. Bricked DIMMs is one thing. Damaged MOBOs is quite another.

If G.Skill is refusing to issue refunds for corrupted SPD DIMMs, it would seem a safe bet that they will REALLY not like the idea that this problem could permanently damage a motherboard and customers would expect them to pay to replace hardware they don't even sell. WOW. I hope, for everyone's sake that is not true...

Leave a comment:

• MRPC
    replied
    i7 7700k 4.5Ghz 1.12v (LLC1, 255.50A, IA AC-DC 0.01, AVX/2 Stable)
    Z170 Asus Gene VIII MB
    Corsair H80i V2 (Quiet Mode) Max. C, Summer: 70C & Winter: 62C
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X 11G (Silent Mode)
    [Trident Z RGB] F4-3600C16D-16GTZR (2142Mhz CL15 1T) 1.2v
    Corsair AX860 PSU (Hybrid Mode)

v1.00.22 BETA

1. CPU-Z/HWMonitor etc. programs don't work/become unresponsive when RGB software is enabled. No difference if reboot/shutdown PC, close/open CPU-Z/HWMonitor etc. before/after uninstall/reinstall RGB software LED On/Off etc.
    2. After a cold boot DIMM_A2 is dark
    3. Uninstall/reinstall RGB software, select DEFAULT, reboot PC into Desktop, select DEFAULT, reboot PC in Desktop, wait 1-2 minutes then both DIMM_A2 & B2 have rainbow colours but after cold boot DIMM_A2 dark again..???

I've tried everything now, I had to revert to v.1.00.16 BETA and switched LED's OFF because CPU-Z/HWMonitor etc. works now without Mutex Locked error.

My Corsair Link/MSI lighting effects work perfectly...strange?
    Last edited by MRPC; 05-31-2017, 08:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Zugzwanged
    replied
    I have the ASRock X370 Fatal1ty Gaming Professional motherboard bios 2.30 and 4x8GB of Trident Z RGB 3200C14 RAM. The system was stable and running well before I installed any of your software. After installing v1.00.16 BETA, things started going whacky and some or none of the RAM sticks would illuminate, etc, but at least the ram performance was uneffected. After installing v1.00.22 BETA and upon the first reboot, the system would not even post. I was getting code "C0" on the motherboard display. I removed all of the RAM except for A1 slot and was able to post. Cycling through all of the sticks, it seems that one stick is faulty and when inserted in any slot, the system will not post. I have tried every combination possible. Right now I have sticks in A1,A2,B1 slots. The A1 & A2 slots are illuminating, the B1 is not.

Leave a comment:

• sdmf74
    replied
    Right now im running my 32gb 3600mhz Ram@ 3733mhz 16-16-16 36 1.400v w/ a 50x 1.365v 47x uncore overclock and it seems completely stable (without any LED software installed of course). So far no code 55, Im gonna go back and enable XMP and see if I get the code 55 again.

If so, Im curious can I use Taiphoon Burner to create a different "stable" XMP profile
    Last edited by sdmf74; 06-01-2017, 03:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Whiskey-Foxtrot
    replied
    Originally posted by facehook View Post
    One man at overclock.net said that he has never installed neither G.skill RGB nor Asus Aura software, but he found SPD for some reason corrupted.
    I ran into that too - CPU-z and AI Suite from Asus were the only apps on a fresh installation - go figure.

Leave a comment:

• facehook
    replied
    One man at overclock.net said that he has never installed neither G.skill RGB nor Asus Aura software, but he found SPD for some reason corrupted.

Leave a comment:

• MRPC
    replied
    Z170 Asus Gene VIII MB
    [Trident Z RGB] F4-3600C16D-16GTZR

v1.00.22 BETA

CPU-Z/HWMonitor etc. programs don't work/become unresponsive when RGB software is enabled.

Leave a comment:

• sdmf74
    replied
    @ G Skill Thanks for the prompt reply! I will keep an eye out for that and make sure to check for errors with only one software monitoring program open at a time. I dont remember if I had cpuz or HWinfo64 open or not last night when taiphoon burner was randomly reporting errors.

Since I have your ears can you tell me if the new beta software v1.00.22 has completely eliminated the SPD corruption of modules???
    Last edited by sdmf74; 05-28-2017, 09:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MeiBee
    replied
    New software update, ram still dark. Can i have my money back yet or want to send me a new set so i can send back the broken one without having to be down a pc while i wait ?

Leave a comment:

• G.SKILL
    replied
    sdmf74,

If a software can report SPD information, and you're seeing random changes, but goes back to normal the next time around, it's likely a software conflict. Perhaps you're opening different programs at the same time? We found that if we have a lighting control software or background service open (and there's an active lighting effect running), SPD info software will misread data. A similar thing will happen if you open 2 instances of CPU-Z at the same time. The first CPU-Z would be fine, but the other would be missing memory data when the window finishes loading.

Maybe that'll give you a clue on which software are conflicting when reading SPD data.

Leave a comment:

• sdmf74
    replied
    I never installed g skill software but I was using Asus Aura software with a 16gb kit of 3600mhz rgb ram and it corrupted it, one module went dark so I exchanged the ram for a 32gb of the same 3600mhz rgb ram but before I installed the new kit I completely uninstalled the Asus aura software using Revo uninstaller however even though no asus or g skill software is running on my pc my new kit got corrupted.
    How is this possible?

I checked the modules with Taiphoon burner and about 10% of the time one module will return a CRC:Error but only one module at a time, then the same module will show CRC:OK and eventually a different module will return the CRC:Error and then will read ok the next time I check it. This is very strange behavior especially with no rgb software running on my pc.
    Also cpu-z is missing some info on one of my modules.

No word on an ETA for updated functioning Asus Aura software
    Now there is talk of possible automatic voltage change due to the corruption resulting in damage to the ram slots.
    I really wish I could just exchange this brand new 2 day old kit for some NON rgb Trident z's?
    Does anyone know if they use Samsung B-die's also or is that just the rgb modules?

my components:
    Asus MAXIMUS IX FORMULA Bios 0906 (most recent)
    G Skill F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
    Last edited by sdmf74; 05-28-2017, 08:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BillB
    replied
    I actually had purchased the full version of Thaiphoon Burner before this whole G.SKILL LED RAM debacle for a totally different reason, but yeah it is a great utility even without the BURN part. The author must be pleased as pie about this G.SKILL corrupt SPD data problem. He has probably seen more upgrade purchases in the last 2 weeks then the last 2 years!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X