Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you know...

New version still cant detect my 2 sticks!

Will check back in a year or two.

Good luck everyone!

Comment

• I am sorry for that! G.SKILL must release an utility to restore corrupted SPD first. No any newer version of the RGB software will work until SPD is fixed.

Comment

• Yeah It still says my RAM is not detected.. I disabled MSI DDR service and Cam Service. So what do I do now Great Skill.

Comment

• Originally posted by facehook View Post
          I am sorry for that! G.SKILL must release an utility to restore corrupted SPD first. No any newer version of the RGB software will work until SPD is fixed.
          So after reading your post I tried using this software called Thaiphoon burner to scan and fix corupted SPD and due to some miracle the GSKILL software detected my ram and it is lit up again! Of course the crappy GSKILL software will not control the sticks but at least I got my rainbows back.

Edit: after scanning and fixing the second stick I still couldn't gain control of the RGB features so I rolled back to the .16 GSKILL software and wallah! I now have full control of the sticks again! I may or may not have let out a really nerdy squeal of happiness when they started working again

Thanks facehook!

you can scan for corrupt spd for free but to fix it cost me 16 dollars to get the full version and if anyone else wants to try.. link is bellow. Make sure to follow directions so you dont brick the RAM!

https://www.whiskey-foxtrot.com/2017...gb-restore-it/

I will report back after some use or if it dies again.
          Last edited by HeroCrusher; 05-28-2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• New software .22 works great on my Aorus Gaming 5 (z270) even with RGB fusion so well done there. The bad news, NZXT cam software completely kills it. So I'm back to default mode and I've uninstalled the g.skill software. Anyway after all this playing around my dims never went dark or was unrecognised by the new software, every option in the update also worked flawlessly so it's definitely a vast improvement for me. Unfortunately Cam takes priority because it controls more hardware so for the third time the g.skill software is back in the recycle bin.
            --------------------------------------------
            Aorus z270 Gaming 5 Bios: F7
            i7700k, GTX 1070, Samsung 961 256GB M.2
            16gb Trident RGB F4-3600C16D
            NZXT Cam 3.3.1, Gigabyte RGB Fusion B17.0124.1

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroCrusher View Post
              So after reading your post I tried using this software called Thaiphoon burner to scan and fix corupted SPD and due to some miracle the GSKILL software detected my ram and it is lit up again! Of course the crappy GSKILL software will not control the sticks but at least I got my rainbows back.

Edit: after scanning and fixing the second stick I still couldn't gain control of the RGB features so I rolled back to the .16 GSKILL software and wallah! I now have full control of the sticks again! I may or may not have let out a really nerdy squeal of happiness when they started working again

Thanks facehook!

you can scan for corrupt spd for free but to fix it cost me 16 dollars to get the full version and if anyone else wants to try.. link is bellow. Make sure to follow directions so you dont brick the RAM!

https://www.whiskey-foxtrot.com/2017...gb-restore-it/

I will report back after some use or if it dies again.

The $16 IMHO is well worth it - Heck I'd pay that for one time use as this tool is truly invaluable.

Be careful with the various settings using any current RGB controller software (this goes for ALL vendors) - switching back and forth will eventually corrupt your data again. Like Facehook said - it doesn't matter much until they get the SPD issue resolved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskey-Foxtrot View Post
                The $16 IMHO is well worth it - Heck I'd pay that for one time use as this tool is truly invaluable.

Be careful with the various settings using any current RGB controller software (this goes for ALL vendors) - switching back and forth will eventually corrupt your data again. Like Facehook said - it doesn't matter much until they get the SPD issue resolved.
                Thanks for posting the fix there Whiskey... This RAM is beautiful when its working.

Also, I agree the 16 dollars for the full version is totally worth it. I only wish I had found your Web site sooner friend!

Comment

• I actually had purchased the full version of Thaiphoon Burner before this whole G.SKILL LED RAM debacle for a totally different reason, but yeah it is a great utility even without the BURN part. The author must be pleased as pie about this G.SKILL corrupt SPD data problem. He has probably seen more upgrade purchases in the last 2 weeks then the last 2 years!!

Comment

• I never installed g skill software but I was using Asus Aura software with a 16gb kit of 3600mhz rgb ram and it corrupted it, one module went dark so I exchanged the ram for a 32gb of the same 3600mhz rgb ram but before I installed the new kit I completely uninstalled the Asus aura software using Revo uninstaller however even though no asus or g skill software is running on my pc my new kit got corrupted.
                    How is this possible?

I checked the modules with Taiphoon burner and about 10% of the time one module will return a CRC:Error but only one module at a time, then the same module will show CRC:OK and eventually a different module will return the CRC:Error and then will read ok the next time I check it. This is very strange behavior especially with no rgb software running on my pc.
                    Also cpu-z is missing some info on one of my modules.

No word on an ETA for updated functioning Asus Aura software
                    Now there is talk of possible automatic voltage change due to the corruption resulting in damage to the ram slots.
                    I really wish I could just exchange this brand new 2 day old kit for some NON rgb Trident z's?
                    Does anyone know if they use Samsung B-die's also or is that just the rgb modules?

my components:
                    Asus MAXIMUS IX FORMULA Bios 0906 (most recent)
                    G Skill F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR
                    Last edited by sdmf74; 05-28-2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• sdmf74,

If a software can report SPD information, and you're seeing random changes, but goes back to normal the next time around, it's likely a software conflict. Perhaps you're opening different programs at the same time? We found that if we have a lighting control software or background service open (and there's an active lighting effect running), SPD info software will misread data. A similar thing will happen if you open 2 instances of CPU-Z at the same time. The first CPU-Z would be fine, but the other would be missing memory data when the window finishes loading.

Maybe that'll give you a clue on which software are conflicting when reading SPD data.

Comment

• New software update, ram still dark. Can i have my money back yet or want to send me a new set so i can send back the broken one without having to be down a pc while i wait ?

Comment

• @ G Skill Thanks for the prompt reply! I will keep an eye out for that and make sure to check for errors with only one software monitoring program open at a time. I dont remember if I had cpuz or HWinfo64 open or not last night when taiphoon burner was randomly reporting errors.

Since I have your ears can you tell me if the new beta software v1.00.22 has completely eliminated the SPD corruption of modules???
                          Last edited by sdmf74; 05-28-2017, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Z170 Asus Gene VIII MB
                            [Trident Z RGB] F4-3600C16D-16GTZR

v1.00.22 BETA

CPU-Z/HWMonitor etc. programs don't work/become unresponsive when RGB software is enabled.

Comment

• One man at overclock.net said that he has never installed neither G.skill RGB nor Asus Aura software, but he found SPD for some reason corrupted.

Comment

• Originally posted by facehook View Post
                                One man at overclock.net said that he has never installed neither G.skill RGB nor Asus Aura software, but he found SPD for some reason corrupted.
                                I ran into that too - CPU-z and AI Suite from Asus were the only apps on a fresh installation - go figure.

Comment

Working...
                                X