Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL
    replied
    No word on additional chipset support on the next software version yet. It'd be awesome if we do tho.

And that software integration would be one massive software project, since it would need to deal with USB device access and motherboard SMBUS access. And that UI would be difficult to design as well.

Leave a comment:

• avioni
    replied
    shredder, if all you want is to return to default rgb lighting on the ram. simply uninstall the gskill app, make sure both asus com and asrogauraservice are not running or installed. delete both asus and gskill folders, shut down. power off the powersupply for about 1 minute. power back on and everything should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• Schredder
    replied
    Hi,

I've similar problems:

After I had the rgb modules installed everything was fine.
    After a week I downloaded the rgb software and it started after a pc restart. Sometimes it crashed, but most of the time it worked.
    But 2 days ago the ram modules just were black suddenly and the tool does not start.
    With uninstall/install, swapping the ram slots, just start the pc with 1 ram stick etc I could get 1 ram stick back to working and the tool finds the stick too. But the other one just stays black all the time. Solutions mentioned in this thread doesn't help either.
    I've played around with the MSI gaming app and I recognized that the ram rgb behaviour is sometimes affected if I change the LED settings of my motherboard. But uninstalling the msi software and things like that did not help.
    Sometimes while playing around I got the "no trident z modules found" error, but most of the time I got the crash at start...something with wrong addresses.
    Now I'm stuck with 1 working and 1 black ram module. The tool can't find any of them, it always crashes at start now.
    I'm pretty mad at the moment, I paid 30€ additional just to get the rgb part and now it isn't working.
    I hope this will be fixed soon. Otherwise I think I will return the ram modules. I don't need a working software fast, I can wait for a working software solution, but a fast solution to get the modules back to default would be nice.

Maybe g.skill should get in contact with asus/msi/whatever, cause it looks like there are problems with motherboard softwares.

My specs:
    - Intel I7 7700k
    - MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon (v 1.30)
    - 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16 Dual Kit
    - Windows 10

Have a nice week
    Schredder
    Last edited by Schredder; 03-08-2017, 10:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• avioni
    replied
    Originally posted by Evil twin View Post
    Specs:

Evga X99 FTW K
    i7 6800k
    16GB TZ RGB 3200Mhz

First off, when I installed the ram my computer wouldn't boot. I reinstalled the original Trident Z 3200Mhz sticks (not RGB)
    and it booted with no problems. I put the RGB sticks back in and no boot. Next I took out one stick and it booted then swwaped
    out the stick with the one I took out and it booted. So I tried both sticks and no boot. I decided to move one stick from slot 5 to 7
    and then it booted with both sticks. (Original ram slot 1 and 5 perfect, RGB ram slot 1 and 5 no boot. RGB ram slot 1 and 7 perfect).

So now I try and start the program and I get the "No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM modules found on your computer system! Program will be terminated" error.

So going by the email avioni posted I noticed that I have C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\2.00.00 C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsRogAuraService\1.00.01
    installed but AXSP\2.00.00 is actually AXSP\1.02.00

I also noticed that I have the AsRogAuraService and Asus Com Service installed but the AsRogAuraService won't start.
    I get "Windows could not start AsRogAuraService service on local Computer." Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

The program has some how screwed with my Nvidia drives also. Uninstalled the G.Skill program and everything went back to normal.
    x99 is mentioned as not working at all with this beta version in the download link.

i had the same issue as you when first installing the ram. just had to manually set my memory controller voltage a bit higher and then it all worked fine. (only becuase i had it in manual to begin with.)

Leave a comment:

• Evil twin
    replied
    Specs:

Evga X99 FTW K
    i7 6800k
    16GB TZ RGB 3200Mhz

First off, when I installed the ram my computer wouldn't boot. I reinstalled the original Trident Z 3200Mhz sticks (not RGB)
    and it booted with no problems. I put the RGB sticks back in and no boot. Next I took out one stick and it booted then swwaped
    out the stick with the one I took out and it booted. So I tried both sticks and no boot. I decided to move one stick from slot 5 to 7
    and then it booted with both sticks. (Original ram slot 1 and 5 perfect, RGB ram slot 1 and 5 no boot. RGB ram slot 1 and 7 perfect).

So now I try and start the program and I get the "No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM modules found on your computer system! Program will be terminated" error.

So going by the email avioni posted I noticed that I have C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\2.00.00 C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsRogAuraService\1.00.01
    installed but AXSP\2.00.00 is actually AXSP\1.02.00

I also noticed that I have the AsRogAuraService and Asus Com Service installed but the AsRogAuraService won't start.
    I get "Windows could not start AsRogAuraService service on local Computer." Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

The program has some how screwed with my Nvidia drives also. Uninstalled the G.Skill program and everything went back to normal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X