• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thedeceiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Bas142536 View Post
    eror
    No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system! Program will be terminated"

spec
    i5 6600k
    msi z170a gaming m5
    Ram Trident Z RGB 8*2 16G
    psu 750W
    Do you have CAM or other lighting effect software installed? I found once I removed CAM, reseated all the sticks, did a clean uninstall/reinstall I no longer get that error. 3 of my 4 sticks light up although not in unison and one remains dark.

Leave a comment:

• svan71
    replied
    I have been dealing with the added cost and buggy software because I was loving one of the lighting effects the one where each stick would slowly light up from right to left, it worked well other than I needed to reboot once in a while to sync the 4 sticks. That effect seems to be removed from 1.0016 and I couldn't be more disappointed. I'm considering returning these if I can't get a link to 1.008 from tech support.

Leave a comment:

• Bas142536
    replied
    Help

eror
    No G.Skill Trident Z RGB DRAM module(s) found on your computer system! Program will be terminated"

spec
    i5 6600k
    msi z170a gaming m5
    Ram Trident Z RGB 8*2 16G
    psu 750W

Leave a comment:

• fullerphoto
    replied
    Well as memory it works great regardless of the RGB. At least with the new beta, although badly broken I don't have to get a screwdriver out or reset CMOS anymore. 1.00.16 still has a mind of it's own just a little less destructive.

I still firmly believe leaving it as an open beta is a mistake.

Leave a comment:

• mycorona
    replied
    Originally posted by BillB View Post
    ... The Corsair forums are full of people who have sworn to NEVER buy another Corsair product - all because of buggy, untested, inefficient software. It will be interesting to see how this pans out for G.Skill.

My 2 cents.
    I'm one of those people, sworn to never go Corsair again. Though, in Corsair's case, a lot of their products have been a bit dodgy lately. From not the best components in PSU to rattling rolling pumps in AIO, the lack of control over the LED in the ram sticks was the final straw. Still got an HX620; a living monument to the true spirit of Corsair.
    Last edited by mycorona; 03-30-2017, 09:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• thedeceiver
    replied
    Originally posted by BillB View Post
    Oh BOY am I glad I did not go out and purchase G.Skill Trident Z RGB RAM!! Reading this thread is a lot like reading the Corsair forum about their LED RAM and their Lighting Node Pro. I was sorry to learn that G.Skill went to ASUS for LED lighting control. ASUS software is as buggy as Corsair Link and NZXT CAM.

This is probably a manifestation of improper use of the SMB Bus and not having controlled access interlocking. It is known that ASUS AI Suite does not use SMB Bus Mutexes properly which is why it cannot co-exist with other sensor monitoring programs like LINK, CAM, HWInfo, ADIA64 etc. When you have uncoordinated access and locking of the SMB Bus by different programs at the same time, erratic problems arise that are inconsistent - very hard to troubleshoot unless you can get in there and see what is locking up the SMB Bus.

It's a shame that manufacturers rush these products to market with poorly written and barely tested software. The customers end up becoming beta testers, which is not something they should have to spend hours and hours doing unless they knew the true issues going in. Corsair does it, NZXT does it, and now we can add G.Skill to the list. Bad software can quickly ruin a positive buying experience and that is what is happening here. Corsair LINK has had major problems for YEARS that have been documented and are still not fixed. In their case, they are at the mercy of the OEM manufacturers of their cooler products (CoolIt and Asetek). Sounds like in G.Skill's case, they are at the mercy of ASUS, who also has a terrible track record with their software. The Corsair forums are full of people who have sworn to NEVER buy another Corsair product - all because of buggy, untested, inefficient software. It will be interesting to see how this pans out for G.Skill.

My 2 cents.

As each day goes by I definitely regret having spent ~$350 on these sticks of ram.

RAM: F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
    Motherboard: GA-Z170X-UD3
    BIOS: F22

Leave a comment:

• BillB
    replied
    Oh BOY am I glad I did not go out and purchase G.Skill Trident Z RGB RAM!! Reading this thread is a lot like reading the Corsair forum about their LED RAM and their Lighting Node Pro. I was sorry to learn that G.Skill went to ASUS for LED lighting control. ASUS software is as buggy as Corsair Link and NZXT CAM.

This is probably a manifestation of improper use of the SMB Bus and not having controlled access interlocking. It is known that ASUS AI Suite does not use SMB Bus Mutexes properly which is why it cannot co-exist with other sensor monitoring programs like LINK, CAM, HWInfo, ADIA64 etc. When you have uncoordinated access and locking of the SMB Bus by different programs at the same time, erratic problems arise that are inconsistent - very hard to troubleshoot unless you can get in there and see what is locking up the SMB Bus.

It's a shame that manufacturers rush these products to market with poorly written and barely tested software. The customers end up becoming beta testers, which is not something they should have to spend hours and hours doing unless they knew the true issues going in. Corsair does it, NZXT does it, and now we can add G.Skill to the list. Bad software can quickly ruin a positive buying experience and that is what is happening here. Corsair LINK has had major problems for YEARS that have been documented and are still not fixed. In their case, they are at the mercy of the OEM manufacturers of their cooler products (CoolIt and Asetek). Sounds like in G.Skill's case, they are at the mercy of ASUS, who also has a terrible track record with their software. The Corsair forums are full of people who have sworn to NEVER buy another Corsair product - all because of buggy, untested, inefficient software. It will be interesting to see how this pans out for G.Skill.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by BillB; 03-30-2017, 03:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fullerphoto
    replied
    I honestly think this should be a closed beta with a sign up program for those that want in. A lack of knowledge from novice builders could easily result in broken hardware and some really grumpy finger wagging.

Users are reseating ram modules, updating bios and clearing CMOS for a piece of software readily available online for a very popular product. It's only a matter of time before some bad mishaps ensue..

Just a heads up G.Skill

Leave a comment:

• HeroCrusher
    replied
    I have 2 sticks that worked great in rainbow mode for 2 weeks no problems.

I tried the first beta version and it said it couldn't detect my sticks. Blessing in disguise.

I waited for the new beta version and moved my sticks to slot 1 and 3 and great success!

I was really enjoying the new effects but then disaster struck.

My PC went into sleep mode and when it came back from sleep BOTH STICKS WERE DARK... I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The GSkill software also would just freeze up with any input and so I tried a clean install and after each clean install I was back to no ram detected error!!!

I started moving ram sticks around and not only did I get the same no sticks detected error but my motherboard started throwing out a 53 post error.

My manual said to re-seat the memory and CPU to clear the error I ACTUALLY RE-SEATED MY CPU BECAUSE OF THIS RAM! Somehow I managed not to bend my pins with my fat fingers.

Turns out I was not getting one of the RAM sticks seated properly because I was being to delicate trying not to damage the led's, slots or ram sticks... I was thinking I was good after hearing a click when seating the ram but I needed to hear 2 clicks per stick. The top of the ram kinda feels loose so I was being to timid. Anyways... TOTALLY MY OWN FAULT on that but I would not have even had to re-seat the RAM if not for this GSkill software... !

Needles to say I have had a really bad time trying to get these sticks to work..I have to drop my H100i radiator every time I mess with the ram so there is no way I am going to be moving my ram around anymore.. RAM IS IN SLOTS 1 AND 3 AND IS STAYING THERE FOR THE REMAINDER LOL!

Dodged a bullet and somehow have a working system with dark sticks.

Just be aware that this issue could and is causing a lot of more serious issues for people!

When the LED's were working I have to admit You guys did a top notch job on the RGB affects but even then I'm not sure it was worth all the pain they have caused me.

I am a junky for led's or lights in general so I will be waiting for some input or a solution for this because I really do like the GSkill effects.

ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Motherboard with latest bios

I also uninstalled my Asrock RGB software to avoid conflicts but it was to late to matter.

Cleared CMOS, even removed the battery. Cant get my sticks back no matter what clean install I have done so far!

Any assistance I might be able to give in trouble shooting or feedback I will be glad to give.
    Last edited by HeroCrusher; 03-30-2017, 01:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KnightRider7880
    replied
    Originally posted by sono View Post
    Yes I forgot to post this earlier, I too did that for my Gigabyte Z270 Gaming 7.

so add it as an extra step to the clean uninstall guide.. for this mobo. (Cant comment on others as I only have 1!!)
    👍👍

Mine is the Z270 Ultra Gaming... I think it will be the same for all the Gigabyte Z270 MoBos

Leave a comment:

• sono
    replied
    Originally posted by KnightRider7880 View Post
    For those with Gigabyte Z270 Gaming boards and having problems after updating to the.016 Beta.

Follow G.Skill's instructions but after the last restart before installing the new Beta you need to delete the c:\Program Files (x86)\Asus folder.

Yes I forgot to post this earlier, I too did that for my Gigabyte Z270 Gaming 7.

so add it as an extra step to the clean uninstall guide.. for this mobo. (Cant comment on others as I only have 1!!)

Leave a comment:

• QuantumsEdge
    replied
    X99A MSI Gaming 7, Windows 10-64 bit. The G.skill TridentZ RGB 3000MHZ 15cas 32GB that I have all light up doing the rainbow thing but which ones actually respond to the G.Skill software is random upon each boot.

edit: running the latest BIOS also, H.F0

Leave a comment:

• fullerphoto
    replied
    Originally posted by KnightRider7880 View Post
    For those with Gigabyte Z270 Gaming boards and having problems after updating to the.016 Beta.

Follow G.Skill's instructions but after the last restart before installing the new Beta you need to delete the c:\Program Files (x86)\Asus folder.

This is what I had to do on my Gigabyte Z270 ultra gaming.

Also the new Beta will only give the option to control 5 segments rather than 10 (2 sticks) or 20 (4 sticks). According to the rep I talked to on the Facebook page this was done temporarily for compatibility reasons as they work out some bugs.
    I'm having big problems with both betas on my Aorus Z270 Gaming 5 but I understand the incompatibility these betas have with GB's own RGB Fusion and NZXT's Cam software. Unfortunately I use both these apps and don't fancy sacrificing them.

Anyway, I managed to set the default back to rainbow and uninstall the beta until it plays better with others. I kinda like the rainbow effect so it's not a big issue for now.

With beta 1.00.16 it was easier (after crashes) to get back to a default state without clearing CMOS or changing DIMM slots like I had to with 1.00.08. Thank god for OC profiles, luckily they didn't get wiped.

Anyway I'm here to help with testing in anyway and get this software out of beta asap.
    Last edited by fullerphoto; 03-30-2017, 10:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KnightRider7880
    replied

This is what I had to do on my Gigabyte Z270 ultra gaming.

Also the new Beta will only give the option to control 5 segments rather than 10 (2 sticks) or 20 (4 sticks). According to the rep I talked to on the Facebook page this was done temporarily for compatibility reasons as they work out some bugs.

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    Do you all have the latest BIOS for the motherboard? Load defaults and try again.

Are you using Trident Z RGB software 1.00.16?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X