Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evaldofilho.br
    replied
    Hello all! I already tried everything and still had one ram stick with led off. The rest works perfectly with the Aura program.
    I'm using 4 RAM on the MAXIMUS IX HERO Z270 Asus motherboard.
    I hope a software update can solve the problem, I don't want to request the RMA right now.
    Sorry for any orthographic error, english isn't my native langage.
    https://ibb.co/d7trbF

Leave a comment:

• MERCTECH
    replied
    Hi,

I have a asus maximus ix formula with F4-4133C19-8GTZR. After i installed the TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.08beta. I lost the ability to open Asus Aura. If i uninstall the beta i can use aura again.
    I also can't get the mother board and ram to sink with each other.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Gameface
    replied
    Originally posted by RavenousHorde View Post
    yeah, u must work for g.skill, hmm that would be too much of a pain to program in and considering we are sourcing our led control software from asus, it might cost us more money to. like i said i feel like this obviously important feature was totally over looked. By your reasoning, you don't give a toot about power conservation or longevity of your LED's on your ram modules. So i got a solution to you... when they figure out a way to automatically turn the led's off when entering a hibernating/sleep state, how about you Disable your computers' hibernation all together and enjoy your flashing lights and higher electric bill. not to mention for you to be not all surprised when your system dies a year or 2 sooner than you were expecting from leaving it on all the time, without sleep mode.

=P
    Yeah, my computer never hibernates or sleeps. On 24/7. This is a huge non-issue for me. I have no desire to have my RAM LEDs turn off...ever.

Same thing with my last PC, a first generation i7 860, and it is actually still going strong some 8 years later.

Never really noticed the $1 difference on my power bill.

Do you realize a few things? One, that these LEDs take up next to NO power. Like seriously, your monitor on for one hour probably consumes more power than these LEDs will over their entire lifetime. Two, LEDs, especially ones like this, last pretty much forever. They really don't burn out.
    Last edited by Gameface; 03-24-2017, 11:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• paul3x16
    replied
    MSI Z270 Gaming M7 MOBO 1.20 bios. The LEDs were working fine. Then all the sudden stop. I did a fresh install clean uninstall everything. Notting works. Updates bios. Downgraded bios. Try the Rams in another MoBo. Did not turn on. Did a windows reinstall notting. Going crazy for the LEDs. The ram works fine

trident Z RGB 16gb 3600hz

Leave a comment:

• RavenousHorde
    replied
    yeah, u must work for g.skill, hmm that would be too much of a pain to program in and considering we are sourcing our led control software from asus, it might cost us more money to. like i said i feel like this obviously important feature was totally over looked. By your reasoning, you don't give a toot about power conservation or longevity of your LED's on your ram modules. So i got a solution to you... when they figure out a way to automatically turn the led's off when entering a hibernating/sleep state, how about you Disable your computers' hibernation all together and enjoy your flashing lights and higher electric bill. not to mention for you to be not all surprised when your system dies a year or 2 sooner than you were expecting from leaving it on all the time, without sleep mode.

=P

Leave a comment:

• tooquik2shoot
    replied
    Originally posted by RavenousHorde View Post
    IS THERE NO WAY TO SHUT OFF THE RGB LED's when in sleep, hibernate, or standby modes on these ram modules? How has no one noticed this and started complaining about this on the official forums yet, myself aside!? like having these bright leds shut off when computer hibernates/ stands by/or is a low power states, when not in use, etc is extremely important wouldn't you think? How could this issue of the LEDs forever being on even when in these stand by states possibly be over looked when these ram sticks were in development?

I have searched and experimented every way possible. But it appears there is no way to have the LED's automatically Shut off when your computer enters sleep or hibernating states. if the computer is on and not turned physically off the LED's on the ram stick will ALWAYS be on, despite hibernating,sleep or stand by modes etc.

This issue HAS to be addressed!
    I personally like them staying on while the computer sleeps. But we should probably consider that when a computer enters a Hibernate/sleep/standby state, it stores all of what the computer was doing at time (open applications etc.) into the ram. Thus when the the computer sleeps, the motherboard continuously supplies power to the ram in order to keep that information and have it quickly accessible whenever the user needs the computer again. That continuous power is obviously keeping the LEDs active. I've noticed it the day I purchased them. But it seems as though the program only tells the ram what to do with the LEDs, it doesn't seem to control them directly. There is probably something built into the ram that has stored memory of what to do with the LEDs. The Program sets a pattern, and the ram just keeps it going. Honestly its probably best at this point that they stay on when the computer sleeps. Because then that would mean that the program would have to send a command to the ram to shut off right before sleep. And then another once the computer is on again. At that point im sure most people that can use the beta software would be having all kinds of problems with the Modules not turning on again.

Leave a comment:

• RavenousHorde
    replied
    New issue unlisted, Turn LED's OFF when in sleep or hibernate?

IS THERE NO WAY TO SHUT OFF THE RGB LED's when in sleep, hibernate, or standby modes on these ram modules? How has no one noticed this and started complaining about this on the official forums yet, myself aside!? like having these bright leds shut off when computer hibernates/ stands by/or is a low power states, when not in use, etc is extremely important wouldn't you think? How could this issue of the LEDs forever being on even when in these stand by states possibly be over looked when these ram sticks were in development?

I have searched and experimented every way possible. But it appears there is no way to have the LED's automatically Shut off when your computer enters sleep or hibernating states. if the computer is on and not turned physically off the LED's on the ram stick will ALWAYS be on, despite hibernating,sleep or stand by modes etc.

This issue HAS to be addressed!

on a related note:

asus did their RGB correctly allowing their mother board RGB LEDs on their asus rog strix z270f the ability to automatically be turned off when computer enters idle states/sleep/hibernation by enabling erp mode in bios and selecting low power states in S4&S5.

G.Skill Plz address this issue not just for the sake of the longevity of my ram modules' LED's, but also i Like to leave my computer running at night allowing it to go to sleep on it's own in my room. It is terribly distracting to have these LED's blaring even when my computer is in sleep mode from idling when i myself am trying to go to sleep, but still want my computer on in a low power state hibernation/stand by mode/idle mode.

FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT, b4 I am forced to go non RGB. RGB are sooo awsome, love it when it is in use, but even MY GFX card's RGB lights TURN OFF when my computer goes into idle mode like come on my GFX for pete sake and my mb RGB lights with some bios fiddling both shut off in hibernating states

SOO TOO DO THESE NEED THIS ABILITY, it makes these power/rgb led saving features on my board and gfx completely pointless by having ram that has leds that don't function in the same manner, come on!

Leave a comment:

• Spire Noir
    replied
    Originally posted by Ekis View Post
    This is for anyone who has any dark RAM sticks or any sticks stuck in one color.

Hey, try this. After reading up on this in this thread, it worked for me perfectly.

Navigate to the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsRogAuraService\1.00.01

Inside of this folder, you should see something that says "LastProfile". Move it or delete it from this folder.

*Optional: Type in services.msc and then look for AsRogAuraService and restart it.

Once you've completed the steps above, shut down your computer. Manually restart it afterwards.

After that, check and see if your dark RAM stick lights back up again.

This should remedy any dark stick issues you have, as I ran into this issue with my Z270 Motherboard and promptly got them to work without any reinstallation of software. Of course, if you had any presets enabled you will have to set them again.
    I have a Asus crosshair vi hero motherboard. My ram never even showed up with the trident z rgb control software. The only thing that software seemed to see was my motherboard. However, my aura sync software showed my modules just fine for about 2 days. Then the modules disappeared, no amount of clean install on either software asus or trident or powering down and unplugging did anything! I even took the ram out and changed slots, It is now stuck on the color I set one day in aura sync and nothing seems to change that.

Leave a comment:

• avioni
    replied
    i have not had issues with mine after it finally worked. other than the effect animation sometimes stuttering or pausing for a few seconds or the app crashing from time to time when in use
    everything seems to be working fine.

Leave a comment:

• Gameface
    replied
    I'm really surprised that I was able to get mine working when so many other people are not having luck with the same method.

It'd be great if while we wait for full-featured software that works G.Skill could put out a reset tool to get people's sticks to light up and go back to default mode.

Leave a comment:

• MeiBee
    replied
    Thank you but this didn't work for us either

Originally posted by Ekis View Post
    This is for anyone who has any dark RAM sticks or any sticks stuck in one color.

Hey, try this. After reading up on this in this thread, it worked for me perfectly.

Navigate to the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsRogAuraService\1.00.01

Inside of this folder, you should see something that says "LastProfile". Move it or delete it from this folder.

*Optional: Type in services.msc and then look for AsRogAuraService and restart it.

Once you've completed the steps above, shut down your computer. Manually restart it afterwards.

After that, check and see if your dark RAM stick lights back up again.

This should remedy any dark stick issues you have, as I ran into this issue with my Z270 Motherboard and promptly got them to work without any reinstallation of software. Of course, if you had any presets enabled you will have to set them again.

Leave a comment:

• avioni
    replied
    Originally posted by edgar691 View Post
    What settings are you using for the lights? You're using the G skill software? They look dope.
    yes the gskill software "flash and dash" setting.

Leave a comment:

• edgar691
    replied
    Originally posted by avioni View Post
    can finally adjust them. changed the board to an m7 and walla!
    http://gph.is/2n1Xn3V
    What settings are you using for the lights? You're using the G skill software? They look dope.

Leave a comment:

• thedeceiver
    replied
    Hey guys,

Just finally got approved on here and wanted to chime in with my similar issues mostly to get the hardware config known.

I've done many clean uninstalls and reinstalls with many boots in between. I've also powered down and pulled power cable for many many minutes.

I have a semi blank stick that seems to be stuck in this state as others are too experiencing.

Also you guys should have many many crash reports from me as well lol.

Looking forward to some updates to get things working better.

RAM: F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
    Motherboard: GA-Z170X-UD3
    BIOS: F21 (Now on F22 which didn't change anything for me.)

http://imgur.com/a/NN8SX
    Last edited by thedeceiver; 03-24-2017, 12:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• georgeh9516
    replied
    Asus Crosshair VI support

Waiting on software support. Memory works sexcellent at 3200mhz with 15-15-15-15-37 on 3000mhz 14-14-14-14-34 ram. I did have to up SOC voltage to 1.05volts and Dram voltage to 1.375voltage. It is rock solid and really helped in game frame rates. Just wish the beta rgb software would recognize I had the memory in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X