Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avioni
    replied
    there is one thing i dont understand. how was the planing of this line of rams to begin with? surely gskill has a way of testing these things and controlling the led's before even considering to sell. i mean they should atleast be working perfectly with a couple of motherboards no? the ones gskill used to test the techology?

Leave a comment:

• pcalogero1
    replied
    so should i wait for the new driver or rma them?

edit: should say that this happened the exact same moment i installed the g skill drivers while having AURA installed aswell
    Last edited by pcalogero1; 03-10-2017, 03:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    Don't worry, we will get it all squared away ASAP. Any defects are covered just like any other G.Skill RAM; manufacturer lifetime warranty protects you for life as long as you do not physically damage the modules or remove the sticker.

This is new technology so we sincerely appreciate your patience during this time while we produce updates.
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 03-10-2017, 02:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pcalogero1
    replied
    for the first couple of hours the led's were working on both ram sticks.

i installed the aura program and then the g skill rgb program. all of a sudden only 1 stick's led's were working the other one was not.

also only one stick is showing in the asus aura.

Thought i'm the only one with the issue.

tried everything in this topic nothing worked unfortunately
    Last edited by pcalogero1; 03-10-2017, 03:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Schredder
    replied
    Well, Monday my 14-days right of withdrawal will end. If there is no fix till monday I will send them back.

Leave a comment:

• Gameface
    replied
    I have followed the "reset" instructions very carefully and have tried at least 6 times to get my dim modules to go back to factory default. No luck. Hearing other people talking about putting the modules in other PCs and they are still dim makes me think they are not going to come back, ever.

They said the problem with the software was basically an addressing error, well, it's possible they sent voltage somewhere they shouldn't have and now our modules that are dim are permanently damaged.

I do hope they make it right and I hope they don't expect us to wait months and months before they admit the modules are not fixable.

But of course, the best possible outcome would be that the next update solves our problems. Fingers crossed!

Leave a comment:

• n2nshadow
    replied
    I'm there with ya.

I do believe G Skill offers a lifetime warranty. For the price of 4 of these, I'll be pretty damn upset if they don't stand behind them. Considering we came forward right away, and they specifically asked us to wait on the new software. I personally don't have much faith in the new software fixing the issue, but who knows.

Newegg is out of stock so they are only offering a refund. bleh.

I see more and more people popping up with the same issue. I really hope they are addressing it.
    Last edited by n2nshadow; 03-10-2017, 12:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chelch
    replied
    Well...if you bought off new egg and amazon you have 30 days. I just got it last week so I have a few weeks and then I will probably pull the trigger and rma if the new software doesn't bring it back to life.

I wonder how hard it would have been to add a little reset switch on the ram to reset the lights...

Leave a comment:

• Gameface
    replied
    I am also very concerned that my dark sticks are going to stay that way. Not sure how much time to give G.Skill before I don't have the option to return them.

Leave a comment:

• chelch
    replied
    I have been unable to get my one stick of ram back to normal. Tried everything on this thread. A bit torn if I should just RMA via new egg and get a replacement or wait for new software that is "supposed" to bring the stick back to life.

Leave a comment:

• Schredder
    replied
    Hi again, tested the following:

Uninstalled the g.skill software, the msi control center and the msi gaming app, restarted, cleaned the registry and shut down the pc for about 5 minutes with the powersupply off and restarted.
    Still the same, 1 stick does work, 1 not.
    But after I installed only the g.skill app I could start it.
    The problem is that it is just detecting the 1 ram stick that is already working. Changing the mode doesnt work correctly neither.
    After a few restarts and swapping the ram slots I surrendered again, 1 stick is dark.

I'm mad.
    Last edited by Schredder; 03-09-2017, 10:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chelch
    replied
    0 success with software. Just freezes. Now I have one stick of ram that wont light up except for a dim purple light on one corner of the ram. Even threw that stick in a completely different machine. I have tried power cycling and killing all power to the mobo. Also tried reinstalling software. Now the software just closes after saying ram stick not found. My specs are below.

Mobo: Asus aorus gaming K7
    Memory: F4-3200C16D-16GTZR
    cpu: I7 6700k
    Last edited by chelch; 03-09-2017, 08:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• botee
    replied
    day 9 since the beta software was released. im still using the default RGB effect

Leave a comment:

• Schredder
    replied
    Originally posted by avioni View Post
    shredder, if all you want is to return to default rgb lighting on the ram. simply uninstall the gskill app, make sure both asus com and asrogauraservice are not running or installed. delete both asus and gskill folders, shut down. power off the powersupply for about 1 minute. power back on and everything should be fine.
    I will try this later after work, but I am pessimistic.
    I'm going to uninstall the msi software too.

Leave a comment:

• Gameface
    replied
    Originally posted by avioni View Post
    shredder, if all you want is to return to default rgb lighting on the ram. simply uninstall the gskill app, make sure both asus com and asrogauraservice are not running or installed. delete both asus and gskill folders, shut down. power off the powersupply for about 1 minute. power back on and everything should be fine.
    Multiple attempts at doing this have not resulted in my two dim sticks lighting back up and going into "rainbow wave." They are both still dim.

I'm on a Gigabyte Z270 Aorus Gaming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaming 7)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X