Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gameface View Post
    So far so good for me!

Tried a few different effects and it's working. Will play with it more when I get off work.

Thanks G.Skill!
    Okay, not so good.

Installed before work and set a custom effect. Seemed good. Came home from work after an 8.5hr shift and it was still good.

Not sure exactly when it stopped but I

-opened google chrome
    -checked facebook
    -checked a sports related forum
    -closed Chrome
    -opened World of Warships

noticed sticks were now "frozen"

I uninstalled and the sticks went back to default.

Now waiting on the next update. I'm starting to feel like there is going to have to be support from Gigabyte in the form of a BIOS update before this is going to work.
    Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
    Intel i5 7600k
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
    4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
    1TB Samsung 960 EVO
    Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

• Originally posted by evaldofilho.br View Post
      No, I used the old version (1.00.08).
      But, try change the slots memories. If one stick has been turned on, maybe repeating the process with the new updated software works.
      Good luck!
      yea i tried everything, even only use one stick. but the stick that is not lighting up is not recognize by the software, i get that error. i change all the slots but noting. im pretty sure that one ram stick is defective. im sending it out for RMA. once i get the new ones im just gonna leave them as rainbow default until they release a good software update.
      - Intel i7-7700k @ 4.90GHz
      - MSI Z270 Gaming M7
      - 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3600 CL16
      - MSI GTX 1070 Gaming Z
      - NXZT HUE+ RGB Fans
      - Deepcool Capitan 120
      - Corsair CM 750W 80Plus Gold

Comment

• So after reading posts on the new software i am guessing the general consensus is too not install this because its still not working(i have a gigabyte k7-gaming mobo). I already received my new rma'd ram from newegg and very nervous about bricking them again. Looks like I will leave in rainbow until another version comes out.

Comment

• New development....because I'm waiting on a reply from support, i thought i would try installing and Uninstalling and installing again...rinse and repeat....well something new. Still have one dim stick but now the other is stuck as red instead of the default rainbow and now the program is back to crashing when i try to open it.

Comment

• Got the same problem. 1 of 4 sticks is dark and not recognized by the software. Doesnt matter in which slot it is.
            - Intel i7-7700k @ 4.80GHz
            - MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
            - 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 CL16
            - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1
            - Sound Blaster Z
            - Thermaltake View 31 TG RGB
            - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 650W 80Plus Gold

Comment

• 1 bar is still dark. My problem is not resolved.

MSI Z270 Gaming M7 and last bios version.
              Last edited by alito; 03-30-2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Have an ASUS Maximus IX Z270 Code, have tried all suggestions in this thread, all to no avail, the issue i am experiencing is that all my DIMMS light up, and work ok with the default setting (rainbow type effect), but on all other settings, the colours "stutter", not smooth like how they should be, and this also affects the ASUS AURA lighting also, i have the latest BIOS for my board..

Comment

• Do you all have the latest BIOS for the motherboard? Load defaults and try again.

Are you using Trident Z RGB software 1.00.16?

Comment

• For those with Gigabyte Z270 Gaming boards and having problems after updating to the.016 Beta.

Follow G.Skill's instructions but after the last restart before installing the new Beta you need to delete the c:\Program Files (x86)\Asus folder.

This is what I had to do on my Gigabyte Z270 ultra gaming.

Also the new Beta will only give the option to control 5 segments rather than 10 (2 sticks) or 20 (4 sticks). According to the rep I talked to on the Facebook page this was done temporarily for compatibility reasons as they work out some bugs.
                    Intel i7 6700K
                    Gigabyte Z270 Ultra Gaming
                    32 GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB 2400
                    Intel m.2 NVMe 256GB
                    (2) 10TB Seagate storage HDDs

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightRider7880 View Post
                      For those with Gigabyte Z270 Gaming boards and having problems after updating to the.016 Beta.

Follow G.Skill's instructions but after the last restart before installing the new Beta you need to delete the c:\Program Files (x86)\Asus folder.

This is what I had to do on my Gigabyte Z270 ultra gaming.

Also the new Beta will only give the option to control 5 segments rather than 10 (2 sticks) or 20 (4 sticks). According to the rep I talked to on the Facebook page this was done temporarily for compatibility reasons as they work out some bugs.
                      I'm having big problems with both betas on my Aorus Z270 Gaming 5 but I understand the incompatibility these betas have with GB's own RGB Fusion and NZXT's Cam software. Unfortunately I use both these apps and don't fancy sacrificing them.

Anyway, I managed to set the default back to rainbow and uninstall the beta until it plays better with others. I kinda like the rainbow effect so it's not a big issue for now.

With beta 1.00.16 it was easier (after crashes) to get back to a default state without clearing CMOS or changing DIMM slots like I had to with 1.00.08. Thank god for OC profiles, luckily they didn't get wiped.

Anyway I'm here to help with testing in anyway and get this software out of beta asap.
                      Last edited by fullerphoto; 03-30-2017, 10:53 AM.
                      --------------------------------------------
                      Aorus z270 Gaming 5 Bios: F7
                      i7700k, GTX 1070, Samsung 961 256GB M.2
                      16gb Trident RGB F4-3600C16D
                      NZXT Cam 3.3.1, Gigabyte RGB Fusion B17.0124.1

Comment

• X99A MSI Gaming 7, Windows 10-64 bit. The G.skill TridentZ RGB 3000MHZ 15cas 32GB that I have all light up doing the rainbow thing but which ones actually respond to the G.Skill software is random upon each boot.

edit: running the latest BIOS also, H.F0

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightRider7880 View Post
                          For those with Gigabyte Z270 Gaming boards and having problems after updating to the.016 Beta.

Yes I forgot to post this earlier, I too did that for my Gigabyte Z270 Gaming 7.

so add it as an extra step to the clean uninstall guide.. for this mobo. (Cant comment on others as I only have 1!!)

Comment

• Originally posted by sono View Post
                            Yes I forgot to post this earlier, I too did that for my Gigabyte Z270 Gaming 7.

so add it as an extra step to the clean uninstall guide.. for this mobo. (Cant comment on others as I only have 1!!)
                            👍👍

Mine is the Z270 Ultra Gaming... I think it will be the same for all the Gigabyte Z270 MoBos
                            Intel i7 6700K
                            Gigabyte Z270 Ultra Gaming
                            32 GB DDR4 Trident Z RGB 2400
                            Intel m.2 NVMe 256GB
                            (2) 10TB Seagate storage HDDs

Comment

• I have 2 sticks that worked great in rainbow mode for 2 weeks no problems.

I tried the first beta version and it said it couldn't detect my sticks. Blessing in disguise.

I waited for the new beta version and moved my sticks to slot 1 and 3 and great success!

I was really enjoying the new effects but then disaster struck.

My PC went into sleep mode and when it came back from sleep BOTH STICKS WERE DARK... I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The GSkill software also would just freeze up with any input and so I tried a clean install and after each clean install I was back to no ram detected error!!!

I started moving ram sticks around and not only did I get the same no sticks detected error but my motherboard started throwing out a 53 post error.

My manual said to re-seat the memory and CPU to clear the error I ACTUALLY RE-SEATED MY CPU BECAUSE OF THIS RAM! Somehow I managed not to bend my pins with my fat fingers.

Turns out I was not getting one of the RAM sticks seated properly because I was being to delicate trying not to damage the led's, slots or ram sticks... I was thinking I was good after hearing a click when seating the ram but I needed to hear 2 clicks per stick. The top of the ram kinda feels loose so I was being to timid. Anyways... TOTALLY MY OWN FAULT on that but I would not have even had to re-seat the RAM if not for this GSkill software... !

Needles to say I have had a really bad time trying to get these sticks to work..I have to drop my H100i radiator every time I mess with the ram so there is no way I am going to be moving my ram around anymore.. RAM IS IN SLOTS 1 AND 3 AND IS STAYING THERE FOR THE REMAINDER LOL!

Dodged a bullet and somehow have a working system with dark sticks.

Just be aware that this issue could and is causing a lot of more serious issues for people!

When the LED's were working I have to admit You guys did a top notch job on the RGB affects but even then I'm not sure it was worth all the pain they have caused me.

I am a junky for led's or lights in general so I will be waiting for some input or a solution for this because I really do like the GSkill effects.

ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Motherboard with latest bios

I also uninstalled my Asrock RGB software to avoid conflicts but it was to late to matter.

Cleared CMOS, even removed the battery. Cant get my sticks back no matter what clean install I have done so far!

Any assistance I might be able to give in trouble shooting or feedback I will be glad to give.
                              Last edited by HeroCrusher; 03-30-2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• I honestly think this should be a closed beta with a sign up program for those that want in. A lack of knowledge from novice builders could easily result in broken hardware and some really grumpy finger wagging.

Users are reseating ram modules, updating bios and clearing CMOS for a piece of software readily available online for a very popular product. It's only a matter of time before some bad mishaps ensue..

Just a heads up G.Skill
                                --------------------------------------------
                                Aorus z270 Gaming 5 Bios: F7
                                i7700k, GTX 1070, Samsung 961 256GB M.2
                                16gb Trident RGB F4-3600C16D
                                NZXT Cam 3.3.1, Gigabyte RGB Fusion B17.0124.1

Comment

Working...
                                X