ASrock Z77 Extreme4 + F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
    Let me know, I'll be in and out Tues, have some jobs out in the field early in the day, but defianately back in the evening
    Update time! I went ahead and brought my 2133 kit over to a friends house to test in his computer and long behold, I was still having the same problem with not being able to use the XMP profiles, as well as the manual settings. With the manual settings, I was able to get the computer to boot at 2133 but only when the computer was already powered up. I tested it by shutting down the PC and then starting it back up and it would not boot.

I'm going to go ahead and file an RMA with Newegg for this memory kit. Hopefully the next one wont be defective!

Thanks for all of your help tradesman!

Comment

No problem, glad the problem was identified, wish it would have been something simple, let us know when you get the new sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
        No problem, glad the problem was identified, wish it would have been something simple, let us know when you get the new sticks
        Now I have to decided on whether or not to purchase one of newegg's 1 year extended warranties for the motherboard. Costs 15 dollars but it might be worth it...

Comment

That's a matter of choice, I basically don't, if they get past the first 2-3 weeks (stress testing, myriad of OC attemps, I figure it's good and generally don't expect more than a 2 - 3 years out of one, tech advance too fast (however, I also have a slight advantage, with my systems business I normally keep a couple of fairly current high end rigs as well as 3 or more powerful systems and also keep a few basic systems around as loaners

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sorry I havent responed in so long, I was on vacation for a month. I'm finally back and heading over to PAX again today. Spoke with Frank Hung at the Gskill booth and told him about my issues. Going to have him throw the memory kit into one of his boards at the booth and see how it fares. I'll let you know the results!

Comment

Hi cyde,tradesman

Why not trying the solution i came up with in this post...........http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11150
              I have had about the same problems wit I5-3570K, Z77 Extreme4 but other memory as you cyde........I'm sure it is the Asrock bios

Greetz TC

Comment

Fiatuno thanks for the tip. I went ahead and tried the beta BIOS version and it did not help. On another note, the gentlemen at Gskill's booth at PAX were able to get my memory kit to run at 2133, so it seems like its definitely a motherboard issue: either defective or compatibility. I'll be running through all the previous bios versions tomorrow with both XMP profiles and manual settings to see if I can get a stable 2133 boot.

Comment

Cyde...

I'll be running through all the previous bios versions tomorrow with both XMP profiles and manual settings to see if I can get a stable 2133 boot.
                  Good luck

TC

Comment

We'll be waiting to hear how it goes

Tman

Comment

I just got my Ext4 Z77 and put pc together, 2700K and 2x4Gb 2133Mhz Ripjaws(+W7 64bit). Everything seem to work, at least when there's no oc etc yet. Memorys work on their right speeds, checked that with Cpu-z. Didn't changed anything, XMP-profiles seem to be ok straight away

But I've 1.20 bios in and would also like to try that 1.60 if possible... Is that still best bios for Ext4 Z77&2133 Ripjaws?
                      Last edited by Raikku; 09-04-2012, 11:09 PM.

Comment

That's the one I'm sticking with for now, heard they have a new one coming up, but not out yet. Can email 1.6 to you if you want

Tman

Comment

It's on the way, went ahead and sent it as I'll be calling it a day here shortly and will only be in briefly in the AM have to go out early in the AM, on-site and check a couple systems

Tman

Comment

Thanks, I'll try it when I get it.

Comment

Let me know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X