X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASrock Z77 Extreme4 + F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXM

Hows it going everyone,

Motherboard: ASrock Z77 Extreme4

Memory Set: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB @ 2133 (PC-17000) F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXM

CPU: Intel i5-3570k

I have found that the memory is underclocking itself down to 1600 instead of being at 2133. I've tried setting both XMP profiles in bios, but neither will boot. I am going to upgrade the bios tonight to version 1.80 (it's currently at 1.20).

In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions as to what might be causing this issue.

Thanks!
    Last edited by cyde; 07-11-2012, 02:06 PM.

1.2 had problems with 2133 and 8GB sticks, worked with them on the issues (was playing with 32GB od 2133 as well as 16GB sets), they got most of the problems straightened out with 1.4, but should definitely go to 1.8, you should be fine...any problems though give a shout

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      1.2 had problems with 2133 and 8GB sticks, worked with them on the issues (was playing with 32GB od 2133 as well as 16GB sets), they got most of the problems straightened out with 1.4, but should definitely go to 1.8, you should be fine...any problems though give a shout
      Awesome. Glad to hear I'm on the right track.

Thanks for the swift response.
      Last edited by cyde; 07-11-2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

No problem, let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Okay so I updated my bios to version 1.8 and tried running the XMP profiles but both wouldn't boot. I also tried manually setting the clock speed and timings but it still wouldn't let me boot. Just to note, i did not play around with the dram voltage and left it at auto. Also, underclocking seems to work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by cyde View Post
            Okay so I updated my bios to version 1.8 and tried running the XMP profiles but both wouldn't boot. I also tried manually setting the clock speed and timings but it still wouldn't let me boot. Just to note, i did not play around with the dram voltage and left it at auto. Also, underclocking seems to work fine.
            Okay so quick update, I was figured I'd screw around with the lesser clock speeds and was able to get it up to 1866. Anything past that (2000) and no boot.

Comment

What do you have the 3570K at? Try with multiplier at 40 (check VCCSA should be 0.925, VTT at about 1.159, make sure DRAM voltage at 1.65 (or set it manually), check base timings to be 9-11-10-28, CR (Command Rate) at 2T

Tman

Comment

What do you have the 3570K at? Try with multiplier at 40 (check VCCSA should be 0.925, VTT at about 1.159, make sure DRAM voltage at 1.65 (or set it manually), check base timings to be 9-11-10-28, CR (Command Rate) at 2T
                Just tried these settings. Did it with manual base timings. Then I tried it with the XMP profiles. None of them worked. Not giving up! What else can we try?

Comment

May want to check each stick with memtest individually (4-5 passes per stick should suffice), hate to say it, but might also want to pull the CPU and check the bottom and your socket for thermal compound or dust, and check that there's no bent/broken pins, I've run that set in my Xtreme 4/3570K as well as a 16GB Z set, and my 32GBX set, even a pair of 2133 2x4GB Sniper sets and all ran fine (plus they all OCed w/ no problem, above and beyond).....one other thing, check the vCore voltage and possibly set it to an offset of + .015

Tman

Comment

May want to check each stick with memtest individually (4-5 passes per stick should suffice), hate to say it, but might also want to pull the CPU and check the bottom and your socket for thermal compound or dust, and check that there's no bent/broken pins, I've run that set in my Xtreme 4/3570K as well as a 16GB Z set, and my 32GBX set, even a pair of 2133 2x4GB Sniper sets and all ran fine (plus they all OCed w/ no problem, above and beyond).....one other thing, check the vCore voltage and possibly set it to an offset of + .015
                    This same set?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231563

Comment

Yep, ran fine, OCed to 2200 with a 2500K and to 2400 with a 3570K

Tman

Comment

Yep, ran fine, OCed to 2200 with a 2500K and to 2400 with a 3570K
                        Whatttttttttt, okay well... I'm going to check my cpu and socket real quick (I don't remember seeing anything out of the ordinary when I was building), and then I guess I'm going to start running memtest with 4-5 passes per stick.

See you in 20 years, lol.

Comment

4-5 isn't to bad, the full test is generally an over-nighter, but I've found 4-5 generally catches things

Tman

Comment

Okay so I went through your little checklist:

memtest individual stick check (4-5 passes per stick should suffice): After I post this

thermal compound or dust: I didn't see any

Broken pins: Didn't see any

vCore voltage set it to an offset of + .015: Didn't help

What I was able to do: 1866 with lower timings of 8-10-9-26 1T (Does this even help compensate?)

Bent pins: This was the biggest problem for me. Those pins are so freaking small that I had a hard time figuring out if they were straight or not. Also it looks like half of the socket is pointed one way and the other half pointed another? Is that normal? I took some pictures, and I'm going to mark where I thought I might have saw bending... Hopefully someone with better eyes than me can help me figure out if they are actually bent or not...

Comment

To me it's hard to tell, but in the second photo (may be shadow/mark) but appears as if the ones to the left may be bent towards the left a bit, almost as if the CPU was initially placed in at a slight angle and maybe some pressure on it , rather than simply laid straight in - might cause a problem if so....but again, very hard to tell from a photo...sometimes a take a magnifying glass and a razor blade and use it to try and straighten, think most would prob RMA if they look swayed

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X