Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL & ASUS M4A87TD EVO Work Together to Full Potential..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeetMiniWheat View Post
    I'm sorry you're having so many problems. I actually just read through this entire thread for the first time.

Did the shop you brought the computer to test the RAM in another computer? If they tested it in yours, they could have just been seeing the same problems happening which potentially could have been the fault of another component (or mounting problem like TMan said) or some kind of incompatibility or impropersettings. I really do question these shops validity or if they just play a guessing game at times...

Anyways... with all the BSOD's you've been having, i definitely recommend a full OS wipe and program reinstall once your computer is stable. see, everytime your computer BSOD's or errors, it could be writing bad data to your hard disks and corrupting your programs and files. you may even want to check your backup disks if they were connected to your computer at the time. a unstable computer can cause all kinds of havock on your data.

with that said, I truly do hope you get this problem solved. but if that shop's assessment of the problem was wrong (and you still experience the same problems) I would urge you to go back there and challenge them on it. see if they will do more tests for free this time, or refund your last visit.

EDIT: also, from the looks of your memtest screenshots... it looks like it was frozen and not even running at all. like GSKILL TECH said, you need the latest version of memtest. (4.10) and not 3.5 like you had. but the windows memory diagnostic works too, especially for severe instabilities like yours. but memtest is more thorough for minor instabilities.
    Thank you for taking your time to post this. The tech I used is not only reasonably priced, but does seem to know what he is doing; but I'm an admitted idiot when it comes to this stuff. I am a bit disappointed in his cable management that I paid $15 for. I expected to open my case and see almost all the wires, etc, hidden between the MOBO and outside of the case, but it seems all he did was put twist ties around the wires. I was going for a much "cleaner" look, and since I bought the case I did because it was plenty big and because it was designed to keep things cool, I'm a bit disappointed. When my new RAM comes in today or tomorrow, and I open up the case to replace it, I will take a photo and post it here. Then maybe I can be told if I should be satisfied with the job he did.

With all that said, I have no idea how he tested the RAM, but I have had my PC back since last Saturday, with only one stick of RAM in, and I have not had one single BSOD or random pop up saying that some program or another wasn't running, etc. It is working fine right now on the one stick that is supposedly dying. Now, if I could just get my speakers to stop distorting, that would be something.

Thanks again.

Comment

Good news!!!!!!

Got my new 8gigs of RAM today, installed them, and the computer booted up no problem. Ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic test, and unlike the previous times I ran it and it said immediately that there were hardware problems, this time it ran completely and found no problems at all. And that's with 4 sticks of 2gb's each, not just the two 4g's.

Thanks everyone for all the help for the last month and a half.

Comment

Glad to hear it, keep in touch

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X