Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL & ASUS M4A87TD EVO Work Together to Full Potential..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, if you could post your BIOS settings it would help....either take photos of the screens or just write them down and type them in, also if you could note any of the BSOD Error messages, not the whole page just the # and descriptor......if working and getting random BSODs i.e. not linked to any particular application it may be a driver that's out of date.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Ok, if you could post your BIOS settings it would help....either take photos of the screens or just write them down and type them in, also if you could note any of the BSOD Error messages, not the whole page just the # and descriptor......if working and getting random BSODs i.e. not linked to any particular application it may be a driver that's out of date.
      I am in the middle of trying to upload files to my website. As soon as I am done with that, I will try and get the BIOS settings, or at least what I think they are.

As for the BSOD's, they come on the screen and are gone in less than 5 seconds when the computer resets and reboots, so I don't have time to get any numbers or anything.

Thanks again.

Comment

Set your PC not to restart after a system failure.
        Right click on My Computer>Advance System Settings>click on Advanced tab
        Select "Settings under Startup & Recovery, uncheck the Automatically restart box under System failure.
        AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
        Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
        ASUS Crosshair V Formula
        2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
        SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
        Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
        Corsair HX850W Modular
        Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
        2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

Thank you 007. That did the trick. And it wasn't too long after I followed your instructions that I got the last BSOD that I will post here. The only thing I see that I remotely understand (simply from reading this thread) is that there is something wrong with my memory because it says "Memory Management" at the top.

Anyone, please take a look at the attached photo I took and let me know what I need to do. Remember, I am like a kindergartner when it comes to this stuff and need easy to follow, step by step instructions. If I need to take a photo of the Bios, I will try that too.

Thanks again.

Scott

Comment

As been stated before, the ripjaw series just does not work well with the EVO motherboard. I also have the M4A87TD Evo board and have had problems with every single gskill ram that I've put in it. I've even RMA'd it and I've had the same instability/bsod/freezing errors. I know for a fact that this is a compatibility issue between this specific motherboard and gskill ram as I have purchased corsair 4gb ddr3 1600 ram and it has worked 100% flawlessly without a single crash since.

Sort of sucks that I spent $100 on ram that is now sitting on my desk doing absolutely nothing but hell, the headache I went through trying to troubleshoot it was all solved by forking up $47.99 to amazon for their corsair ddr3-1600 4gb kit.

Comment

Originally posted by dandydaniel View Post
              As been stated before, the ripjaw series just does not work well with the EVO motherboard. I also have the M4A87TD Evo board and have had problems with every single gskill ram that I've put in it. I've even RMA'd it and I've had the same instability/bsod/freezing errors. I know for a fact that this is a compatibility issue between this specific motherboard and gskill ram as I have purchased corsair 4gb ddr3 1600 ram and it has worked 100% flawlessly without a single crash since.

Sort of sucks that I spent $100 on ram that is now sitting on my desk doing absolutely nothing but hell, the headache I went through trying to troubleshoot it was all solved by forking up $47.99 to amazon for their corsair ddr3-1600 4gb kit.
              I feel your pain. I wasn't smart enough to check the official RAM compatibility "chart" before I bought mine. You know how they say "Assumption is the Mother of all Screw Ups" (edited in case profanity is against the terms of service here) I assumed that since my MOBO said it supported 12800 memory, that this G. Skill would work. The last thing I want to do is pull out my 8gigs of RAM I spent $99 on and have to replace it and have nothing to do with the original RAM, but if it stops the errors, I guess I will have no choice. I refuse to send it back to Newegg and have them charge me a 15% restocking fee. Maybe I can sell it on Ebay.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

The EVO is maybe one of the hardest mobos to deal with as far as DRAM goes, if you google like ASUS EVO RAM PROBLEMS you'll find Corsair, Kingston, Crucial, Mushkin and more in addition to GSkill

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Have you ran memtest? What settings are being used? Can't help much without proper feedback.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by id2nv2nj2ca View Post
                    I feel your pain. I wasn't smart enough to check the official RAM compatibility "chart" before I bought mine. You know how they say "Assumption is the Mother of all Screw Ups" (edited in case profanity is against the terms of service here) I assumed that since my MOBO said it supported 12800 memory, that this G. Skill would work. The last thing I want to do is pull out my 8gigs of RAM I spent $99 on and have to replace it and have nothing to do with the original RAM, but if it stops the errors, I guess I will have no choice. I refuse to send it back to Newegg and have them charge me a 15% restocking fee. Maybe I can sell it on Ebay.

Thanks for the input.
                    worst part is that I triple verified my ram kit with the QVL on the asus website for the EVO board. I just somehow always end up buying one crappy component in every single build that I've made...

and yes, i've ran memtest on every stick. ran into no problems with memtest and the windows memory diagnostic tool. something super fishy is just going on between the EVO board and Gskill/ocz ram (those two are the biggest problem causers in terms of the EVO board from my research). I feel like Asus and Gskill+OCZ need to re-do some tests or get in contact with each other and sort of bring up this issue.

Comment

Everyone also needs to keep in mind that when they run test on 'their' mobos, it's done w/ top of the line CPU, which, especially w/ AMD boards, means the CPU w/ the strongest MC. Just because a mobo advertises it can run 1800-2000 DRAM, you still have to have the CPU that can push those sticks and the PSU to power it...not to mention the skills to OC and run the sticks at that speed, because many of the mobo makers aren't really going to be of much help.

Tman

Comment

Everyone also needs to keep in mind that when they run test on 'their' mobos, it's done w/ top of the line CPU, which, especially w/ AMD boards, means the CPU w/ the strongest MC. Just because a mobo advertises it can run 1800-2000 DRAM, you still have to have the CPU that can push those sticks and the PSU to power it...not to mention the skills to OC and run the sticks at that speed, because many of the mobo makers aren't really going to be of much help.
                        ddr3 1600 does not require extensive overclocking or top of the line components ha...

Comment

Didn't say that it did, was simply pointing out how testing is done. Two many people look at a mobo specs and see it's rated to for fast DRAM 1800-2000+ and just expect to be able to run it with any CPU which isn't going to happen. If you look at AMDs own specs, even the Thuban's are only rated up to 1333

http://www.amd.com/us/products/deskt...omparison.aspx

In the case here, when paired w/ a problematic mobo, things just get harder and harder i.e. the 965 C handles 1600 ok but the earlier 965, basically not at all

Tman

Comment

Didn't say that it did, was simply pointing out how testing is done. Two many people look at a mobo specs and see it's rated to for fast DRAM 1800-2000+ and just expect to be able to run it with any CPU which isn't going to happen. If you look at AMDs own specs, even the Thuban's are only rated up to 1333

http://www.amd.com/us/products/deskt...omparison.aspx

In the case here, when paired w/ a problematic mobo, things just get harder and harder i.e. the 965 C handles 1600 ok but the earlier 965, basically not at all
                            haha got ya. I don't know of many people dealing with PC1800/2000 issues since everyone does realize that in order to get those speeds running stable on most of these budget boards, you would indeed have to do quite a bit of tinkering. Most if not all people who are having issues are dealing with PC-1600.

Comment

1600 is still above the 1333 rated ram speed for the cpu so tweaking is still involved and can be difficult due to the memory controller technology integrated by AMD

Comment

Originally posted by RamJam View Post
                                1600 is still above the 1333 rated ram speed for the cpu so tweaking is still involved and can be difficult due to the memory controller technology integrated by AMD
                                haha I thought about that as well. I ran the memory @ 1066 and 1333. Same ol' results.

Comment

Working...
                                X