No announcement yet.

ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right - that's two sets F3-2400C10D-16GTX, and as I said, mixing sets can be problematic - It's best to buy a single set of 4 sticks, that way all four sticks are tested to work together. If you buy 2 sets of 2, you might get sets from different production lots, there could be miniscule/microscopic differences to where they won't play nice

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ah <edit>darn</edit>. -_-; Can't seem to find a set in 4?

Comment

Looks like New Year, Ripjaws Z and Trident X, both in stock and available at the Egg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...1&name=G.SKILL
        Last edited by Tradesman; 01-01-2013, 04:22 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I missed that. :P Think I could get those to 1600 or better yet 1866? Just trying to make sure it will go with my CPU, AMD sent me a slightly more-confirming email of 1866 support on all four channels. Curious how I might OC to support 2400. Oh that'd be sweet.

Comment

That's interesting...they have a published (though buried, guide on their CPUs and DRAM, which can be found here:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...encyguide.aspx

which indicates support for up to 2 sticks of 1866 or 1 per channel, which is about what I have seen as well as indicative of what we pretty much see here on the forums

Tman

Comment

Slightly 'more-confirming' in sense of "sure go for it, should work" inquiry-response. *Edit* And an ASUS inquiry about 1866, which they hands-down said yes, though they're unsure if with this processor as it was untested in that particular setup of 32GB they used (which was GSKILL RAM).
              Last edited by Yuji Saeki; 12-31-2012, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Did they say if it wwas actually 'tested' at full freq - or was the testing on 1866 sticks done at the mobo's default - that's an approach the mobo makers often use - they put in 1866/2133/2400 sticks or whatever yet 'test' it at 1333 or 1600 (the mobo default) and say yep they work, then if you try at full freq and have no luck they tell you to contact the DRAM maker for help. See my info thread on QVL lists:

http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10566

Tman

Comment

-_- *sheepish laugh* They don't uh, have that information. >_> Joy. *Edit* Interesting read. If I put in those 2400s and they have XMP, can the mobo (which advertises...support for XMP etc) down them to something it can handle, above 1,300/1,600? To quote their specifications advertised: 4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 2400(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 MHz ECC, Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory

*Edit* I'll bring this inquiry up in the 'ROG ASUS' boards.
                  Last edited by Yuji Saeki; 01-01-2013, 04:16 PM.

Comment

XMP normally has profiles for the advertised freq and possibly lower, can normally see what they show through CPU-Z

Tman

Comment

So if I ordered F3-2400C10Q-32GTX and I can't get it to work, I can send it back for a slower RAM?

Comment

That would depend on who you buy from and their policies.

Tman

Comment

I'd definitely be going GSkill, love the RAM. Oh, how and what would I OC (brief explanation?) to support say, outrageous 2,400?
                          Last edited by Yuji Saeki; 01-02-2013, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Can involve many things - CPU OC, CPU/NB OC, HT OC, voltages (DRAM, CPU, CPU/NB, HT), Timings of DRAM (prob relaxing them), etc

Tman

Comment

1866 working right out of box. Going to perform a MemTest to see if it is stable. What should my NB and HT be for 1866? If I need to lower, what should they be for 1,600?

*Edit* Btw I got it posted and booted to OS login screen at 2,400. Dunno if it'd have been stable. (Yes I know what everyone from GSkill staff has said about stability but eh, working O_o) If it MemTests fine and FFTs, I'll take pictures/video for poc.

Comment

Sounds good, there are some basic guides for 1600 and 1866, links shown below

1600 http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

1866 http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11742

Tman

Comment

Working...
                                X