No announcement yet.

ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should my NB be set to for optimum use of 2,400? It's auto OCed itself to 2,400 (NB), + .01V and Prime95s, Small and Blend, all good. They said 2,400 was nearly difficult to get working with AMD, but I guess it just works for me.

Comment

Yes 4 total = 2 SETS of 2 sticks or 4 sticks of 8GB ea = 32 GB....regardless it's 2 sets and mixing sets can be problematic - 1 package/set of 4x8GB has been tested that all 4 sticks will play together....if you mix sets, they might not

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
        Yes 4 total = 2 SETS of 2 sticks or 4 sticks of 8GB ea = 32 GB....regardless it's 2 sets and mixing sets can be problematic - 1 package/set of 4x8GB has been tested that all 4 sticks will play together....if you mix sets, they might not
        ? I uh...didn't mix two sets? I got a single set of 4 x 8GB. Works fine.

Comment

My fault, had a couple different posts open at the same time, GSkill just updated the forum software and things have been crazy with Spammers trying to join up. Been trying to keep up with screening signups and still helping members - and yes 2400 sounds good. If it's stable stay w/ that, and it's good the voltage didn't need more, will help keep temps down.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My fault, had a couple different posts open at the same time, GSkill just updated the forum software and things have been crazy with Spammers trying to join up. Been trying to keep up with screening signups and still helping members - and yes 2400 sounds good. If it's stable stay w/ that, and it's good the voltage didn't need more, will help keep temps down.
            Totally cool. Btw should I be judging my "NB" or "CPU/NB" voltage? My NB went up .01, and still curious about what my NB/HT Freqs should be set to. Yeah forum change got me all caddywompus at first too.

Comment

Every mobo/CPU combo will vary from one to another, big thing is getting it stable and keeping it there, documenting your changes and then playing to try and increase speed/throughput, OC or whatever you are trying to accomplish

Tman

Comment

Every mobo/CPU combo will vary from one to another, big thing is getting it stable and keeping it there, documenting your changes and then playing to try and increase speed/throughput, OC or whatever you are trying to accomplish
                I've gathered that from the forums and our previous talks but I figured there was a similar 'speed' issue like Phenom II, being * 3 etc.

Comment

Not sure what you mean

Tman

Comment

Well I figured there was an optimum frequency for the NorthBridge, like Phenom II had a (DRAM / 2) * 3 = NB.

Comment

That's one of the problems I have with AMD, with the BullDozer they were saying how the mobos would be optimized for the new CPUs....(they weren't), they were basically spouting the same about the 8350 (Piledriver line)...and again they aren't....not sure what to tell you, it's stuff like this that was behind me dropping building AMD systems and sticking strictly with Intel.....when systems come in for work (upgrades/TSing/etc), AMD generally takes much longer to work on

Tman

Comment

That's one of the problems I have with AMD, with the BullDozer they were saying how the mobos would be optimized for the new CPUs....(they weren't), they were basically spouting the same about the 8350 (Piledriver line)...and again they aren't....not sure what to tell you, it's stuff like this that was behind me dropping building AMD systems and sticking strictly with Intel.....when systems come in for work (upgrades/TSing/etc), AMD generally takes much longer to work on
                        Well, I popped the 2,400 in and all four sticks work wonderful, at 2,400. Timings are set to stick's stickers, voltage too. Mobo automatically bumped NB up .01V and all is working well.

Comment

Glad to hear it, Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X