Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chelch
    replied
    I decided to pull the trigger on the rma. Just going to get a new set. Who knows when the new software will come out and if it will fix this issue.

mobo: gigabyte gaming k7

Leave a comment:

• Gameface
    replied
    Originally posted by n2nshadow View Post
    uhg, I've tried so many times, my one stick will not respond to anything

For me the stick didn't light up until I re-installed the software (and rebooted) after doing the clean uninstall.

Just doing the clean uninstall did not fix my issue.

Leave a comment:

• n2nshadow
    replied
    uhg, I've tried so many times, my one stick will not respond to anything

Last edited by n2nshadow; 03-13-2017, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gameface
    replied
    Okay, not trying to spam here.

The software was working and everything seemed solid. Went and started doing other stuff and eventually noticed that the effect had frozen and my RGB lighting was static. I opened the software and it eventually froze.

I went back through the clean uninstall, powered down (removed power cord) powered back up and the sticks are doing their default thing, "Rainbow Wave."

I'm going to not install the software until the next version.

Leave a comment:

• Gameface
    replied
    I went through the clean uninstall again. This time powering down and removing power completely. Then reinstalled the software and powered down.

BOOM! All four sticks are now lit up!

I'm so happy.

Also, the software is working.

During this whole process I uninstalled the Gigabyte RGB Fusion software and I wonder if conflicts between it and the G.Skill software were part of my initial problem.
    Last edited by Gameface; 03-13-2017, 11:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gameface
    replied
    Okay, some GOOD NEWS!

I followed the clean uninstall guide http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14269

I then reinstalled the software and one of the previously dim sticks lit back up. One is still dim. But I am now fully confident that there is no permanent damage and G.Skill will get this working at some point. I'm eagerly awaiting that, but I'm very happy that they are working on it and it is most certainly solvable.

Besides one previously dim stick lighting up the software was working (I didn't really test every feature and I think a few modes were not working, but no crashes!) and I could use some of the features.

Progress.

Now I'm waiting for the next software revision...

Leave a comment:

• chelch
    replied
    No steps outlines in this thread worked to bring my one stick back to life RGB wise. Running a gigabyte k-7 gaming mobo. At this point I am pretty much just waiting for newegg to get more stock so I can rma.

Leave a comment:

• Gameface
    replied
    Originally posted by botee View Post
    yes sir, the moderator also suggested doing uninstall and reinstallation of the gskill software too. he/she posted a step by step guide of what to do and delete
    Following those steps did not work for me.

Leave a comment:

• botee
    replied
    Originally posted by edgar691 View Post
    Agree. I thought the led went out. I guess the only solution if your stick is dark, connected to aura MB to light up again and not install the G Skill software until it's ready.
    yes sir, the moderator also suggested doing uninstall and reinstallation of the gskill software too. he/she posted a step by step guide of what to do and delete

Leave a comment:

• edgar691
    replied
    Originally posted by botee View Post
    the issue is really with software only, either the mobo bios is not updated or just the software not working properly.

the ram is not defective and works fine as it. i hope they fix the software soon
    Agree. I thought the led went out. I guess the only solution if your stick is dark, connected to aura MB to light up again and not install the G Skill software until it's ready.

Leave a comment:

• botee
    replied
    Originally posted by edgar691 View Post
    I was having an issue with one stick randomly went dark. I was using Maximus hero VIII z170 with the G skill software. Today I bought MB Prime Z-270-AR that support Aura sync. I installed Aura, synced everything and the dark stick turned on. Now both work.
    the issue is really with software only, either the mobo bios is not updated or just the software not working properly.

the ram is not defective and works fine as it. i hope they fix the software soon
    Last edited by botee; 03-11-2017, 06:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• edgar691
    replied
    I was having an issue with one stick randomly went dark. I was using Maximus hero VIII z170 with the G skill software. Today I bought MB Prime Z-270-AR that support Aura sync. I installed Aura, synced everything and the dark stick turned on. Now both work.

Leave a comment:

• botee
    replied
    Originally posted by avioni View Post
    i suspected that to be an issue but i cannot place then on 1 and 3 because the kraken covers the first slot and msi stated slot 2 and 4 as primary. someone else was having the issue of software saying no rgb ram detected and i asked him to change slots to test but dont know if he did that or not. with so many reports of people complaining about how after a while one stick rgb dies i dont think i want to keep trying anymore
    hi im using an MSI Z170 krait mobo. i installed my rams at slot 2 and 4 as msi manual instructed, no tridentz rgb rams was detected so the beta software wont run.

so i transfered the rams to slot 1 and 3 YOLO!. and the rams was detected and the beta software turned on and i was able to use different lighting effects.

why the does your kraken covers 1st ramslot? lol

Leave a comment:

• avioni
    replied
    i suspected that to be an issue but i cannot place then on 1 and 3 because the kraken covers the first slot and msi stated slot 2 and 4 as primary. someone else was having the issue of software saying no rgb ram detected and i asked him to change slots to test but dont know if he did that or not. with so many reports of people complaining about how after a while one stick rgb dies i dont think i want to keep trying anymore

Leave a comment:

• botee
    replied
    my problem was the gskill software does not detect my trident z rgb rams thats why the software is not opening..

my rams are installed in slot 2 and 4. i then transferred my rams to slot 1 and 3.
    finally the software detected my rams lol.

i can finally use the software and use the different profiles. thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X