Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• facehook
    replied
    Read Corsair forum before purchasing their shitty Vengeance PRO modules. Since they are compatible with Aura sync you will have the same issues

Leave a comment:

• EXILE157
    replied
    Originally posted by Syaoran View Post

I have heard less complaints about the G. Skill software being the problem in comparison to everything else. G. Skill isn't going to release something that is going to cause the speed profiles of the memory to corrupt. They know how their product works. It's the other products attempting to control their RAM that is the issue in most cases. Even the Sapphire RX 580 can corrupt the SPD profile of the memory. Any RGB software, whether for the motherboard, video card, RAM, etc., can all cause the same issues with the G. Skill RAM.
    Nevertheless you herd it. Seems like you have no solution to the problem so you're stating is an assumption nothing more.

Leave a comment:

• Syaoran
    replied
    Originally posted by EXILE157 View Post

Yeah, pretty much it's the -> GSkill Software.
    I have heard less complaints about the G. Skill software being the problem in comparison to everything else. G. Skill isn't going to release something that is going to cause the speed profiles of the memory to corrupt. They know how their product works. It's the other products attempting to control their RAM that is the issue in most cases. Even the Sapphire RX 580 can corrupt the SPD profile of the memory. Any RGB software, whether for the motherboard, video card, RAM, etc., can all cause the same issues with the G. Skill RAM.

Leave a comment:

• EXILE157
    replied

Pretty much any RGB software for any product can mess up these memory modules.
    Yeah, pretty much it's the -> GSkill Software.

Leave a comment:

• Syaoran
    replied
    I'am blaming GSkill for this issue, because that's the only issue that I'm having within my system. It's either the Modules itself or the Software and I highly doubt its the modules as they sometimes work in sync and the next day they do not.

As I said before I followed the steps provided by the forums and sometimes the steps temporarily work for a day or two, but it goes back to a single or dual modules not in sync with the rest which are solid Blue.

- I don't have any Asus Software running on my system and my Asus X99-M WS has no RGB at all.

Here's today's results : Single Module out of sync.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2792.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.3 KB ID:	160557

- The Riing fans are purchased in Blue led color.

- The NZXT Kraken is solid Blue on its own NZXT software.

- My 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid settings and color theme are solid Blue and can only be run via EVGA Precision XOC software.

- Both my Corsair K70 and ST100 Headstand are sync in solid Blue via Corsair software.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Updates I remember before >> the the issues :
    - GSkill update (TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.28)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Latest Update that >> temporarily fix the issue :
    - BIOS Version (3803) on 08/03/2018
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Except for the buggy GSkill software, everything else works fine.

Many of us are having similar issues if not worst and we all have different builds when it comes to hardware.
    Pretty much any RGB software for any product can mess up these memory modules.

Leave a comment:

• EXILE157
    replied

I am less likely to blame G. Skill though over other companies like Asus. When I had a Crosshair VI Hero, a number of users had G. Skill RGB RAM that literally wiped the SPD of the RAM modules by incorrectly accessing and writing to them. Using Asus's software to control RGB aspects and headers on the motherboard was almost a guarantee this would happen. There needs to be a way to address the RGB on the RAM without actually having to write to and potentially corrupt the RAM itself. Maybe adding an RGB header to each module that connects to the motherboard to pass lighting modes through but the writable aspect remaining in the BIOS.
    I'am blaming GSkill for this issue, because that's the only issue that I'm having within my system. It's either the Modules itself or the Software and I highly doubt its the modules as they sometimes work in sync and the next day they do not.

As I said before I followed the steps provided by the forums and sometimes the steps temporarily work for a day or two, but it goes back to a single or dual modules not in sync with the rest which are solid Blue.

- I don't have any Asus Software running on my system and my Asus X99-M WS has no RGB at all.

Here's today's results : Single Module out of sync.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2792.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.3 KB ID:	160557

- The Riing fans are purchased in Blue led color.

- The NZXT Kraken is solid Blue on its own NZXT software.

- My 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid settings and color theme are solid Blue and can only be run via EVGA Precision XOC software.

- Both my Corsair K70 and ST100 Headstand are sync in solid Blue via Corsair software.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Updates I remember before >> the the issues :
    - GSkill update (TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.28)
    Latest Update that >> temporarily fix the issue :
    - BIOS Version (3803) on 08/03/2018
    Except for the buggy GSkill software, everything else works fine.

Many of us are having similar issues if not worst and we all have different builds when it comes to hardware.
    Last edited by EXILE157; 09-08-2018, 04:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Syaoran
    replied
    It has to be the Software and GSkill knows that for a fact. What I really hate is that GSkill keep's you trying steps, steps, steps trouble shooting the issues we're all having instead of fixing the Software!

This is my first time since (1998) that I decided to go with GSkill and I'm very disappointed with this annoying (dual or single) module not synchronizing with others, I'm about to post my 64GB (4x16) GSkill's on OfferUp, LetGo and Ebay and go with Corsair's RGB Vengeance Pro...
    I am less likely to blame G. Skill though over other companies like Asus. When I had a Crosshair VI Hero, a number of users had G. Skill RGB RAM that literally wiped the SPD of the RAM modules by incorrectly accessing and writing to them. Using Asus's software to control RGB aspects and headers on the motherboard was almost a guarantee this would happen. There needs to be a way to address the RGB on the RAM without actually having to write to and potentially corrupt the RAM itself. Maybe adding an RGB header to each module that connects to the motherboard to pass lighting modes through but the writable aspect remaining in the BIOS.

Leave a comment:

• EXILE157
    replied
    It has to be the Software and GSkill knows that for a fact. What I really hate is that GSkill keep's you trying steps, steps, steps trouble shooting the issues we're all having instead of fixing the Software!

This is my first time since (1998) that I decided to go with GSkill and I'm very disappointed with this annoying (dual or single) module not synchronizing with others, I'm about to post my 64GB (4x16) GSkill's on OfferUp, LetGo and Ebay and go with Corsair's RGB Vengeance Pro...

Leave a comment:

• Syaoran
    replied
    Originally posted by Chad711 View Post
    First time posting here. I find it funny you guys have a specific forum post for just issues related to this horrible software! The fact you do should tell you how bad it is! I have to reinstall this application about every 3-5 days because it will just randomly stop working at all. Like today. Booted up PC, and the colors and pattern I use are not working. It's just showing default RGB colors in rotation. The app will not open either. I saw your post about what to do if this happens and I do not have a mobo that has this issue.

My specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FJrZFt

So any suggestions or maybe you should just try FIXING IT on your end?
    That's why I bought non-RGB RAM. Too many problems with the software conflicting with other pieces of software. It isn't worth the hassle until G. Skill, Asus and other manufactures figure out their RGB crap.

Leave a comment:

• Chad711
    replied
    First time posting here. I find it funny you guys have a specific forum post for just issues related to this horrible software! The fact you do should tell you how bad it is! I have to reinstall this application about every 3-5 days because it will just randomly stop working at all. Like today. Booted up PC, and the colors and pattern I use are not working. It's just showing default RGB colors in rotation. The app will not open either. I saw your post about what to do if this happens and I do not have a mobo that has this issue.

My specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FJrZFt

So any suggestions or maybe you should just try FIXING IT on your end?

Leave a comment:

• EXILE157
    replied
    Here we go again!!! This software is horrible!!!...It works then it doesn't, It works then it doesn't, It works then it doesn't!!! Today is the day I have one Stick in Blue and the rest in Rainbow effect!...The custom settings doesn't last 2-3 days, it goes right back to rainbow with 1 or 2 sticks solid Blue!?

I've done everything within the "work around steps" suggesting what to do in this from and from other forums, but this horrible software keeps doing the same thing over and over again.

G.Skill are you guys listening!? Are you guys going to create a new update to this issue!? Most of us are having.....

Leave a comment:

• facehook
    replied
    As far as I know there is a 'RGB' signature in SPD of all G.Skill RGB-capable DRAM modules. If it is corrupted, G.Skill software can't find the modules. Start your investigations with checking SPD of all your modules.

Leave a comment:

• EXILE157
    replied
    For the past 2-3 weeks now I'm having issues with my 64GB (4x16) - I just cant set all Memory in Blue!? > One stick stays on rainbow effect?

I open software and its reading 3 out of 4 modules, so I uninstalled, reinstalled software a few times and I get this :

- Failed AXSP service or - No Modules found.

Yet, I see all modules LED on as if no issues, but again one not in color sync with the rest??
    I turn LED switch off and that one Stick stays on rainbow effect while the other 3 are off???

I tried a few steps from others on forums and nothing seems to be working and I don't know what cause this to happen?

I'm a bit frustrated due to the fact > the money I spent on these Trident Z and I cant get them to work properly as intended...
    Last edited by EXILE157; 07-28-2018, 06:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• vulcan78
    replied
    I'm also having an issue with my G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-16GTZR.

I have a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard and not only can I not control the RGB with the Gigabyte Software, this memory frequently (as in every other day) will freeze up, and remain unresponsive to commands within it's own G.Skill RGB software with the only solution being full shutting down the PC and turning off the PSU / disconnecting power. I need to be able to turn the RGB off in the evening as the illumination is very bright but the only way to do so is to completely turn off the PC, then restart, then turn off the RGB within the software, then shut it back down again. This is unacceptable.

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled your G.Skill software multiple times. The problem persists.

I bought this memory under the impression that it would work with Gigabyte's motherboards. Apparently, the only motherboards the RGB illumination is somewhat (somewhat as in apparently the Asus owners are having issues too) is Asus.

Do we need to initiate a class action lawsuit?

Please fix your memory compatibility. There is ZERO reason this should not work with Gigabyte's (and other manufacturers) motherboards OTHERWISE YOU NEED TO STATE THAT THE RGB FUNCTION IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH A GIVEN MANUFACTURERS MOTHERBOARD, WHICH FROM A LEGAL PERSPECTIVE, YOU'VE COMPLETELY FAILED TO DO.

Fix your product please.

First time, and possibly last time customer.

Relevant information:

Intel i7 8700k
    Windows 10 1703 Creators Update
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, BIOS F4

Leave a comment:

• botee
    replied
    sometimes i can open up my trident z rgb controller software, sometimes i cannot.

it says "trident z rgb modules detected"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X