Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zoglog
    replied
    Are they ever going to update this software? My modules always desync over time with color cycle and default.

Leave a comment:

• Rammer
    replied
    Well, I got my RMA replacement kit a couple weeks back. Same issues still. Can't detect modules in the preferred Dual Channel slots, but works fine in Single Channel mode. So either my MB is not right, or like many of the other posts I'v read, the Gskill Software just doesn't play nice with non ASUS motherboards. Asrock support is pretty adamant that it's non on their hands even with the latest BIOS updates. At this point since everything runs fine, I'll just stick with the rainbow effect, and let it be. I'll just spend a few extra bucks on a ASUS board next time just to make sure RGB RAM will work right.

Leave a comment:

• G.SKILL
    replied
    GMuttz,

Best to send in the complete kit, because each kit is tested to ensure that each module is compatible with each other and working perfectly as a kit. You can submit your RMA request, then ask the RMA team that issued your RMA number for more details on the RMA process and to ask how long the RMA might take from your location.

Leave a comment:

• GMuttz
    replied
    Before I complete the RMA form, is there any chance I can send only the stick with the dead LED and keep the other one so my computer isn't useless for days? I kinda need it...
    There was a time that one of my sticks was causing my computer to not be able to boot and GSKILL accepted that request, but I fixed it and never sent it to RMA, now it's just the LED, my computer can detect all 16gb of my ram. Thank you!

SPECS:
    Ryzen 7 1700
    MSI MORTAR ARCTIC B350M
    TRIDENTZ RGB 8GBx2 (16GB)
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    SAMSUNG EVO SSD 250GB
    WD 1TB HDD
    CORSAIR RM750X PSU

Leave a comment:

• JoeBlobs
    replied
    Originally posted by mouraklanis View Post

Download revo uninstaller and run an unistall through revo. After the uninstall is complete it will ask you if u want to clear registry keys etc. Do that aswell and then it should install properly
    Awesome now we are making progress. Thank you sir. After installation and reboot I now get a crash when I run the beta software. Before anything launches. I tried admin mode, doesn't work.

Aaaaand... now all of a sudden it does work??? Haha this software is crazy.

Thank you again for your help mouraklanis. I figured it was a registry thing but didn't know where to start. That seems like a nice program to just have.

Welp, we'll see how long this fix lasts.

Leave a comment:

• mouraklanis
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeBlobs View Post
    Hello everyone. I've had issues with this software for a while now. It would work great then break, then work, then break... and now, I'm stuck.

The last thing I remember happening is the software not detecting the ram sticks at all. I was trying to uninstall everything and reinstall the software but I got stuck here and I'm still stick at this point:

https://i.imgur.com/XH83m1f.gifv

So what is happening is I run setup.exe and it tries to uninstall the previous software before installing the new stuff but it is just stuck in this uninstallation loop. I've tried many things including a "clean install", many reboots, installing the beta files and the new version files...

I'm not sure what else to try here. I would love to get this ram working.

Thanks
    Download revo uninstaller and run an unistall through revo. After the uninstall is complete it will ask you if u want to clear registry keys etc. Do that aswell and then it should install properly

Leave a comment:

• JoeBlobs
    replied
    Hello everyone. I've had issues with this software for a while now. It would work great then break, then work, then break... and now, I'm stuck.

The last thing I remember happening is the software not detecting the ram sticks at all. I was trying to uninstall everything and reinstall the software but I got stuck here and I'm still stick at this point:

https://i.imgur.com/XH83m1f.gifv

So what is happening is I run setup.exe and it tries to uninstall the previous software before installing the new stuff but it is just stuck in this uninstallation loop. I've tried many things including a "clean install", many reboots, installing the beta files and the new version files...

I'm not sure what else to try here. I would love to get this ram working.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• G.SKILL
    replied
    mouraklanis,

Would you mind PMing me the memory model, module serial numbers, and the BIOS version of the motherboard?

Leave a comment:

• mouraklanis
    replied
    I have z370 extreme 4 and i have the usual bug where on RAM slots A2,B2 the ram modules are not detected by the gskill software. Is there any fix yet for Asrock motherboards?

Leave a comment:

• G.SKILL
    replied
    naujoks,

Can you PM me the BIOS version of the motherboard, and the serial numbers of the memory modules? The serial numbers should be located on each label of each module, under the bar code, and starts with a "17-" or "18-". Also, the memory model number, so we have an idea of how many modules you have installed.

If the software doesn't detect the modules, the software shouldn't be able to open. Is the software opening successfully? Or are there just some modules that you can't control?

Leave a comment:

• naujoks
    replied
    Gigabytre Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 board, 8700K CPU

G.Skill RGB Software installed alright, but the sticks are not showing up in the software, so I can't sync the rainbow effect etc.

Leave a comment:

• playab0yyy
    replied
    I had v1.00.08 installed previously. I noticed v1.00.28 available, so I downloaded it. When I first tried to uninstall the old version, I was getting error messages. So I used IObit Uninstaller to completely uninstall it. That was successful. Once that was out of the way, I tried installing the new version and now I'm getting another error "An error occurred while launching the setup. The remote procedure call failed."

I tried removing the "NeedReboot" flag in the article listed below and that did not help. I'm still getting the same error...

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forum/pro...lation?t=14764

I've also checked "Unblock" in the properties and tried installing with "Run as administrator".

Again, v1.00.08 worked just fine prior to all of this. Now I'm screwed and have no software installed. Does anyone have a solution to this error? Win10 64bit with 32gb of trident z rgb.

PS - I've emailed, called (spoke to Alex who referred me back to email), posted here, and pm'ed... it's been days and not one response. Pathetic customer support.

Leave a comment:

• G.SKILL
    replied
    Hi GMuttz,

Can you send an email to our RMA team in North America/USA at rma@gskillusa.com? They should be able to help you in checking if your RMA request has gone through or any updates. If you're not located in North or South American region, please check with rma@gskill.com.

In the meantime, please also check your spam inbox to see if you received anything from rma@gskillusa.com or rma@gskill.com. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• GMuttz
    replied
    Hey GSKILL, it's been 3 days since I sent an RMA to GSKILL with my specs and everything, no answer so far, I really need a new ram stick!

Leave a comment:

• G.SKILL
    replied
    1. Try going into the Control Panel and see if the G.SKILL Trident Z RGB software is listed. If it is listed, please uninstall from the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs.

2. Please make sure you've used the "Unblock" method, when you extract the installer and its contents. http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14713

3. Please do make sure that you've been using the installer for v1.00.28.

If that still doesn't work, please let us know. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X