G Skill F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM + ASUS P8H67-M PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much for answering.
    I am at the point of having the MOBO in my desk, connected only psu (20+4 pin and 4+4 pin for cpu) , cpu, cpu fan and power button.
    Doesnt boot. I think that it comes from the 4+4 12v pin, this sound, that lasts only a quarter of a second. the cpu fan tries to spin (only a bit as i said before), and the 12v 4 pin cables move when i try to power it on. i tried this psu in another computer and it works perfectly. I heard that my PSU (cooler master extreme power plus 700w) is worthless, but this much?
    if i connect it without giving the CPU power with the 4 pin 12v cables, it tries to boot like 1 sec and it stops, 2 secs later, the same, 3 times in total. then dies.
    thanks
    Augusto

Comment

Ok, your PSU has but a single 4 PIN connector? If so make sure it is going in the correct 4 PIN slot, believe your mobo has two, side by side (8 pins total), while you look, I'll pull up the mobo and see. You can tell by looking at the end of the connector, prob have two connectors that look like squares and two that sor of look like a house or shed with 6 actual sides

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

My PSU has 2x4 pin 12v connectors. and my mobo has an 8 pin conector, 4+4.
        I always used both 4 pin cables.
        But now, with one or with the other one, or with both, in the first 4 or in the second 4 in the mobo, or in the 8, it's the same, in every combination.

Comment

Disconnect power supply, remove the mobo battery, wait about a minute and put it back in, reseat the the 24 and the 8 pin power supplies, remove DRAM, and video card and then plug in PSU and try to see if it spins up.....if it does, turn off plug in a stick up DRAM and try again,,,,if it doesn't then will need to pull and check CPU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I tried by changing the J1 (from 1+2 pin to 2+3 pin to reset it, about a mminute, then back again to 1+2 pins but didn't work. and I disconnected the battery also but for less time.

And what about the strange electric noise I hear coming from the 8 pin 12v CPU connector when I try to power it on?
            Last edited by negrostmthws; 12-05-2011, 10:02 PM.

Comment

So not spinning up? Sounding like bad mobo or CPU....Have you checked CPU/socket for bent/broken pins...thermal compound anywhere in there?

Tman

Comment

wait just 1 minute, i will try something. but what about the strange pitching noise I hear coming from the 8 pin 12v CPU connector when I try to power it on?

Comment

Well, with the ATX 12v 8 pin connected and the 20+4 pin connected and only the CPU and CPU fan, It doesnt spin. only that noise. now WITHOUT THE ATX 12V 8pin connected it tries to spin like 3 times with 2 secs intervals. and then nothing.

Comment

Make sure it's your CPU connector and not a 8 pin PCI express connector, have had a couple people try that

Tman

Comment

it's the 4 + 4 CPU pin connector. the PCI connectors are 6+2 and i have two of them...

Comment

Does the connector look like wires are tight, and the socket, do any of the slots look worn like something was ever forced (do same with cable)

Tman

Comment

AS long as it's out of the case, might try the other PSU, to eliminate an intermittent short in you main PSU

Tman

Comment

If I try to turn it on witht he ATX 12v connected (4+4 pin), the PSU makes a little noise too. but if i do it without the ATX 12v 4+4 pin ocnnected, the fan spins for about a sec (the same with CPU fan) and then dies. But i tried it with another PC and it works like a charm. so maybe the power traveling through both 4pin 12v go back to the PSU because maybe the 8pin socket is bad in the mobo? I noticed some bended pins in the CPU socket (4 total) but I carefully put them back in their place (now even with a magnifying glass, u cannot see they were bended before).

Comment

If the PSU is making noise I'd leave it off to side and try with the other one, make sure the CPU is clean before reinstall, and then try yet again

Tman

Comment

No tight cables. Did you read that about the bended CPU socket pins?

It makes a little noise ONLY WHEN 12V ATX 8/4 pins are connected. If they're not, then it's fan spins for about a second. (same happens with the other but no inside noise with 12v 4pin connected) (both PSU's work in my other PC)

Comment

Working...
                                X