G Skill F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM + ASUS P8H67-M PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll be around.........sigh!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I think that within a week/a week and a half, I will ve having my PC up and running, and I will post back..

Comment

We'll be here

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Please I need someone's reply as soon as possible..
          I ended up buying the p8h67-m PRO, with obviously this 2 modules (1600mhz) , intel core i5 2500, cooler master extreme power plus 700w.
          I set it up an d there is no video at all.. when I connect the cable my monitor flashes (so it's recieving signal, but nothing happens.. AND the memok led is turned on red. continuously, not blinking.. i pressed the button and it did the tests but nothing. i tried only 1 module, and the other, in different slots, and nothing.. red led still there.. i cannot even access to the BIOS because i have no screen. experts please... what can I do..

thkss

Comment

I know it's long but please help me .

EDIT: Maybe can it be that my BIOS is not the LATEST one so it won't work with this 1600mhz modules, but i cannot access to the BIOS to update it...

ONE THING VERY IMPORTANT. my PSU (cooler master EXTREME POWER PLUS 700w) has: 1 MB 20+4 Pin, 1 CPU 12V 4+4 pin, 2 PCI-e 6+2 Pin, sata, etc etc..

The thing i found interesting is that. my motherboard hast a 8 pin connector just next to the CPU. So i figured that i had to connect both of them one next to the other, just like the 20+4 for the motherboard.
            but... look at the drawing..

I mean, IF there's a memory problem And the DIMM LED is RED ON continuously, is it normal that mt monitor is not recieving image? Not even with a VIDEO CARD. And when i turn the PC on, i don't hear the normal "BEEP" when the system info "SHOULD" appear. But when i turn it on without any DIMM, it makes some weird "BEEPS"
            Last edited by negrostmthws; 11-17-2011, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Yes, if DRAM LED is on, the system will not POST or boot at all. You will not have a screen.

Test one module at a time to see if one may be bad causing problems. Do you have any other memory you can test with? It is possible the motherboard is bad.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hey, thabks for the response. I'm freaking out here...
                As i said before, i tried with only one too, And with the other one, in diferent slots, And the same happened. Now you said that this sticks were goig to work even better. That I o ly had to CHANGE the frecuency to 1333 (IF the mobo didn't do it first)
                So..
                Maybe they're not compatible? I nean the box says: Designes for Intel 1156 Socket for the latest i5 And i7 processors, but this is probably because of the frecuency an maybe the voltage?( they work at 1.6v, even though mt mobo says not recommended over 1.65v)
                Maybe I connected something the wrong way(i doubt it but we are all Humans)
                Maybe the motherboard is bad

And about the PSU, (please answer me this), what do i have to connect to the motherboard? Only the 20+4 pin connector that powers the mobo(which works fine because it turns on) , And the 4/8 pin connector that powers the CPU. in this case, my motherboard as i said in my last post, has an 8 pin connector. And my PSU has 2x 4 pin connectors, but as you can see in the image, one of them is different(it still can be connected without problem), BUT I also tried with only one of them(the one that's not different) And it still booted. What do I have to do?
                THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR EVERYTHING

Augusto Bachmann
                Buenos Aires, Argentina
                Last edited by negrostmthws; 11-17-2011, 10:58 AM.

Comment

You can just plug in the 2 x 4 pin in the single 8 pin of the motherboard. That is normal.

You said "And it still booted." Does that mean you got POST? Or still red DRAM LED light?

Do you have any other DDR3 memory you can test with or borrow? Did this motherboard work before? Next step is to find out if the motherboard is bad.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Nono, it didn't POST. LED still on. I just changed them for the 1333 ones designes for h67 And p67, so as soon as i get back from work I'll post my results.
                    Thank you.
                    It'a not a CPU/PSU problem right?

Thanks
                    Augusto Bachmann
                    Buenos Aires, Argentina

Comment

We don't know exactly right now, but I don't think so.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok them... as soon as i get some results I'll post them... Please I hope It's a DIMM conpatibility issue..

Comment

Might check the CPU and socket for any thermal compound that may have seeped in, or for bent/broken pins, and that the CPU is seated correctly

Tman

Comment

Ok i will try it.. And I will check if something went wrong installig the CPU.
                            Now, i got a question... When you place the processor, you have to close de metal socket and when you do it you have to do it with some strenght And it seems that you are going to crash the CPU by making so much pressure. Is this amount of pressure normal? Thanks...

Edit: also, how can the processor be the problem? Will the DIMM led turn on if the processir doesn't read te DIMMS? Thx
                            Last edited by negrostmthws; 11-18-2011, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Yes, but make sure you look at the marking and install it the right way. There are four possible ways, but if you look at the corners and markings, there is only one way to install the CPU.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

How can the CPU be the problem? Will the DIMM led turn on if the CPU doesn't read te DIMMs, I mean, if there's a problem with the CPU itself?? Thx

In my case there's only one way. Because it has, in each Side of the CPU and in the socket, one little mark so it fits only in one way..

Thank you very much.
                                Last edited by negrostmthws; 11-18-2011, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X