Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G Skill F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM + ASUS P8H67-M PRO

Hello Everyone.
    This is my first post, the reason why I joined this community. First of all, my name is Augusto and I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina. (I'll later create a thread introducing myself)

The point is that I bought these 2GBx2 DDR3 pack. The blue ones.
    F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM
    DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 2GBx"
    XMP CL8-8-8-24 1.6v

And I also bought this:
    Asus P8H67-M PRO (Revision 3.0)
    The point is that I didn't check If this mother supported 1600Mhz DDR3 (i knew about the DDR3, but not if it supported 1600MHZ). And in 4 from 6 PC Stores, when I mentioned this motherboard and 4GB Kingston 1333Mhz, they all said: With your configuration, This will work better... (and they presented me this 2GBx2 ripjaws 1600).
    So the point is that I have only bought yet, the processor (intel i5 2500 S1155), this motherboard, the RAM Modules and the Power Supply. So, my PC isn't working ATM.

I really really need to know if there's a chance that this config (regarding to the RAM/MOTHER issue) will work well..
    I checked the Qualified Vendor List from ASUS about my mother and there are some gskill RAM modules:
    G.SKILL F3-10600CL8D-2GBHK(XMP) 1GB SS
    G.SKILL F3-10666CL7T-3GBPK(XMP) 3GB(3 x 1GB) SS - - 7-7-7-18 1.5~1.6V
    G.SKILL F3-10666CL9T-3GBNQ 3GB(3 x 1GB) SS 9-9-9-24 1.5~1.6V
    G.SKILL F3-10600CL9D-2GBNQ 1GB DS
    G.SKILL F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK(XMP) 4GB(2 x 2GB) DS - - 8-8-8-21 1.5-1.6V
    G.SKILL F3-10666CL8D-4GBECO(XMP) 4GB(2 x 2GB) DS - 8-8-8-8-24 XMP 1.35V
    G.SKILL F3-10666CL7T-6GBPK(XMP) 6GB(3 x 2GB) DS - - 7-7-7-18 1.5~1.6V
    G.SKILL F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH(XMP) 8GB(2 x 4GB) DS - - 7-7-7-21 1.5V
    G.SKILL F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL 8GB(2 x 4GB) DS 9-9-9-24 1.5V

The official webpage for this ram modules (http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=221) say that it works with P55 intel chipset. But the P55 works with socket 1156, and my processor is 1155..
    Please Help Me! :S

Thank You very much in advanced.
    Regards, Augusto

They'll work fine with rig, no problemo! I've love to visit BA sometime, have a couple friends that have been down there.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hey! Thanks for the answer .

What do you mean by "rig"?

I Was afraid about the 1.6v thing..And of course they'll work at 1333MHz...

So they will work in the same way as a 1333mhz XMP CL8-8-8-24 1.6v
      F3-1066CL8D-4GBRM? (Because maybe I can return this ones that are more expensive, and get the other ones plus some money :P)

Thank you again for your answer.

Regards, Augusto

P.S.: And you should visit if you have the chance.. Very beautiful city

Comment

P.S.: And you should visit if you have the chance.. Very beautiful city
        +1 to that.. i wish i can go some day too.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

+1 to that.. i wish i can go some day too.
          Well If I'm In this forum by the time you come here to visit, let me know . I could give you a tour, and grab some beers lol..

About what I asked lol, You didn't answer :P.

The Questions were:
          -Will this 1600MHz Modules work having the SAME performance as 2 1333MHz Modules? (because the 1600Mhz ones will be working at 1333MHz).
          -Will there be any problem regarding to the voltages?(Mine's are 1.6v), or maybe I can change the operating voltages to 1.5?.

They'll work fine with rig
          -What's "rig"?? :P- My english social vocabulary isn't very extense lol..

Thank you again for your kind help

Comment

the 1600 sticks will probably run a little better than stock 1333 sticks as they have stronger memory chips, it won't be something you physically see but might show up in benchmarks.....

Sorry, by rig I mean your system, I also use the slang 'box', on occasion, it sometimes depends on what I'm doing and I often work the forums here while on the phones or helping someone in my shop work on a system, sort of like refering to the DIMMs as 'sticks', just old habits, been in systems since 1980.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Oh. I misunderstood :$.
              I thought that the one that answered "+1 to that.. i wish i can go some day too" was you Tradesman. I checked it on my ipod and didn't even noticed. .
              -About Bs. As. lol, If any of you has the chance to visit, let me know
              -About the "You didn't answer lol..", sorry to both :/, I thought that Tradesman answered my questions with the "+1 to that.. i wish i can go some day to". My mistake lol.. (I was at work so I had to check it in less than a sec)
              -Pleased to meet you then GSKILL TECH .

So I Guess I will keep them :P. Am I going to need to change any voltages? Because this sticks theorically work at 1.6v, according to the label in them.

Thanks

Comment

It's me Tradesman and stock voltage should be fine, ensure you have the latest BIOS and should be good to go.....mixing us up is easy, GSkill Tech works for GSkill, me I'm an independent Consultant/builder/etc but work a few forums to help me keep up with all the hardware out there, so I'm around more at night and weekend while they are more M-F 9-5 and we overlap trying to help keep up with other members, as do a number of others jump in, the forum is fairly active 24/7 from around the world, I'll be putting you on my list if I can ever get down there (I think it would be beer and (hope I remember this right) bife fe lomo or bife de chorizo, (dated a woman from there who was a great cook, but said the beef down there is so much better)

Tman

Comment

Haha now I know It's you. Im almost in bed so I'm pretty relaxed...
                  Yes, they are different, Bife de Lomo and Bife de Chorizo.
                  I'll be waiting for your call then haha.
                  Here it's 01:34 a.m. .
                  Between which our are you available?

Ok, so when I have my PC up and running I will first update the Bios (Mine was manufactured on October 2010 so I suppose There should be a BIOS update.. I will check later, now I'm going to bed.

I really thank you for all You've done . Great guy.
                  We'll be reading each other soon..

Comment

I know the Lomo is like a tenderloin and Chorizo is basically a New Yourk strip, I meant she said the beef down there is much better than the norm here....sort of like Japan has their Kobe beef, more tender. I'm normally in and out in the evenings it's 9:43 PM here, on and off weekends, and sometimes during the day if in the shop/office

Tman

Comment

Well I haven't tasted beef In the US, except on Miami, FL. It was very good I must say. But I like more meat here. It's kind of the combination between the way of cooking, the way of treating the meat before sending it to distribuitors, and maybe the cows :P.

I know that in Miami, FL there is an Argentine Hood or something like that, all covered with Flags from my country. Where you can eat meat from here..
                      I heard there's even a webpage in which you can order meat from here :O..

Comment

DDR3-1600 CL8 will have similar performance to DDR3-1333 CL7.

That means the DDR3-1600 CL8 kit will perform much better than standard modules like DDR3-1333 CL9 or CL8.

With the DDR3-1600 CL8 kit, you can try CL7, and also try to lower voltage to maybe 1.55V or 1.50V. Every kit is slightly different, so that is for you to test and find out what your memory can do.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for answering .

What do you mean by "You can try CL7"?
                          You mean the timmings? like 7-7-7-24 etc?

Thanks

Comment

Yep, that's what he's referring to. Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Ok I will. Thank you very much for everything ..
                              We'll be in touch

Comment

Working...
                              X