• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by greg_p17@hotmail.com View Post
    >>> Comp. All new components
    Mobo
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    0903 BIOS (newest one on the asus sight but there are other newer builds floating around)

PSU
    Antec High Current Pro HCP-750 750W

CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 980 Black Edition Deneb 3.7GHz

RAM
    2 x G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

HD
    Corsair Force Series GT 180GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
    --
    System wasn't stable, did the following.

Changed the following in bios.
    RAM frequency to 1600.
    DRAM Command Rate 2T
    RAM timing to 9-9-9-24 (tried 10-10-10-24)
    Read to Read timing 5
    DRAM command rate 5
    CPU/NB Voltage 1.2 (tried as high as 1.45)
    DRAM voltage 1.5 (tried 1.65 as well)

CPU-NB frequency 2400MHz

Now on boot 1 of 3 things happens;
    System detects 16 gigs and is compleatly stable (wooo). (10%)
    System detects 16 gigs and only 7.96 are usable. (50%)
    System detects 16 gigs and system locks up in 2-7 minutes. (40%)

Increases ram voltage and CPU/NB voltage increased stability but it wasn't stable at 1.65 and 1.45 respectively.
    Do you think similar settings would work on my 965 Black Edition?

Comment

• Originally posted by dreamphysix View Post
      Do you think similar settings would work on my 965 Black Edition?
      Sorry I should say it made it "more stable" by simply making the 16 gigs detected boot with out crash more likely, but the other events were still happening.

I don't know what mobo you have, and I am not a tech expert so I make no suggestions for you.

Comment

• greg_p17@hotmail.com

1600 alone can be a chore, with 16GB even more so (all slots filled, more stress on the MC (Memory Controller) and mixing 2 sets is even more of a problem, may be better off at 1333 and tighten down the timings to 8-8-8-24 and see how that works (if it does, quite often, especially with AMD and all four slots mixed sets just don't want to work, it's also possible the two sets simply dont want to play together, which is why they sell 16GB sets where the sticks are all tested to work together.

dreamphysix

Same basic thing is applicable to you if using two sets, the AMD MCs are weak, even the latest greatest Dozers often have problems with more than 1 stick per channel at their rated speed, which is 1866 (but this is something they have done for years, the early CPUs that could actually run 1066 were limited to 1 stick per channel, had same thing with some CPUs and 1333, the early 965s could do 1600 w/ but 2 sticks (well a few of them could, not many), even the C3 version of the 965 often has trouble w/ 4 sticks (especially if it's 16 GB total, tthey generally can handle 4x2GB)....they really need to invest more in R&D on the MCs but then the prices would shoot up, and the latest/greatest FX-8150 already cost more than an Intel i2500K, but the 2500K run circles around it.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• FSB needs to be 233. (233 x 8 = ~DDR3-1864)
          NB Frequency - ~2796MHz

What memory do you have? I don't know what timings you can try if I don't know what memory you have.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Originally posted by uqwe View Post
          Hey, after setting the NB Freq. to 2400 MHz the System freezes while booting into Windows.

Now i figured out some more Configs.
          The best till now is:
          CPU Freq: Auto
          NB Freq: Auto
          FSB: Auto (200)
          Memory Clock: 1600 MHz (800 MHz)
          DRAM Voltage: 1.60
          NB Voltag 1.10 V like on Automatik
          and the Timings i changed to 7-8-7-24

With this setup, system is stable running.

But i would like to run the memory with 1866 MHz (937 MHz).
          Greetz from Germany

Comment

• greg_p17@hotmail.com and dreamphysix

You don't need high voltages, so no need to try.

Post pictures of your best settings and I can check to see what's incorrect. Or, post your advanced timings so I can make sure those are not too tight causing instability.

Do you guys have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

• Hey I'd just like to post some info for OCing my ram f3-12800cl9d-4gbrl Can someone just look over my values cause I've never OC'd before and would like to juice my speed up to DDR1600 like it should rather then 1333. I just manually set my DRAM freq. to 800 and set the timings to tcl9 trcd 9 trp 9 tras 24

I didn?t change anything else off auto except for mem over-voltage up to 1.51 a touch and my system is stable.

NB freq = 2000
              FSB :dram = 1:4
              dram 800
              4x2gigs=8gigs

Thnx

Comment

• As long as stable, that's the big thing, if more help needed pls include mobo and CPU (also never hurts to have current BIOS rev)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                  As long as stable, that's the big thing, if more help needed pls include mobo and CPU (also never hurts to have current BIOS rev)
                  Yes I played BF3 all last night perfectly good. I'm just not sure if there;s further tweaking I need to do.

Phenom II x4 955 BE
                  asus m4a785t-m mobo bios 0606 9/10/09

Comment

• Do I HAVE to overclock? I am a complete noob and this is my first time building my computer. I don't want to mess anything up. Anyways my current computer is:
                    mobo: gigabyte 970a-ud3
                    cpu: phenom II x4 955 BE
                    ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
                    gpu: radeon 6870

What should my settings be? Do I have to change it in the settings when I first boot up my comp or can I just let everything stay @ auto? If I overclock my cpu using the first method without increasing the volt, will it lower my cpu's performance?
                    Last edited by joobie; 11-29-2011, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• The first post in this thread shows how to run 1600 and offers two different approaches. You can always drop them to 1333 or even lower, but if you want to run 1600 the rest of the system has to be running to a level to support 1600

Comment

• Even with the settings on the 1st page, I can't get it stable at 1600.
                        I get errors within a few seconds in Prime95.
                        If I down clock to 1333 everything works fine, no prime 95 errors.
                        Any idea how to get it to 1600 and stable?

Specs:
                        Win 7 64bit
                        CPU: AMD AM3+ 1090T BE 3.2ghz @3600
                        Mobo: Asus Sabertooth 990FX
                        Vid card: Asus ENGTX460 direct cu
                        Power supply: OCZ Gamers Extreme 700w
                        Hdd: Seagate 250g, Samsung 1T
                        Case: Antec 900 Gamer
                        Memory: Gskill , 16 gig of Ripjaws 12800
                        Last edited by Force0321; 12-05-2011, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• Force0321

Do you have the latest BIOS for your mobo?

Tman

Comment

• grampabob,

NB Frequency 2400MHz, CPU-NB Voltage 1.20V, that should give you max performance.

joobie,

Try method #2. You don't have to overclock CPU frequency, but you need to lower CPU Ratio and make sure other frequencies are correct. Other frequencies such as NB Frequency should be overclocked for DDR3-1600, otherwise, you may as well operate it at DDR3-1333 with lower timings.

Force0321,

NB Frequency 2400MHz? CPU-NB Voltage 1.20V?

Make sure to manually input DRAM frequency, timings, and voltage.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

• shouild i enter bios and change my settings first or install my OS first?

Comment

• Settings first, the computer should always be completely stable before installing Windows.

Thank you
                                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                                X