Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes i change CPU-NB Frequency to 2400MHz(i change the cpu/nb frequency 10.00x my cpu clock 240)
    i couldnt find any settings for CPU-NB Voltage
    yes dram voltage now 1.60500

Comment

• help to choose

Hi I have amd 1090T and currently 2x2GB sticks of OCZ 1600 mhz and 1x2Gb stick of Kingston memory. but I want to buy g.skill 2x4Gb and want to ask about this memory

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=318

will it work with my phenom and Gigabyte 880Ga UD3h motherboard or not.
      I want to buy CL8 memory , I know there are AMD black edition 2x2Gb with Cl 7

but I need 2x4 gb and if it will work, I'll buy another 2x4 gb.

so what cl8/ 1600 mhz memory you can recommend me with phenom CPU.

Comment

• The Ripjaws should be fine with your rig

Comment

• yeah

Finally got it to work. works fast as hell. thanks to g.skill good luck)

Comment

• Adding RAM

I'm sorry if this has been asked...I've been searching everywhere and haven't seen it...

So I have had a set of G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM for a while and (as near as I can tell) successfully changed the timings and voltage to run and be very stable. Now I am adding another 4GB of the exact same RAM. Will I still need to adjust the timings on the new RAM? Basically what I am wondering, do you have to set the timings for each slot, or does it automatically copy across.

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but I'm still pretty new to building systems.

Thanks everyone!
            AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE C3
            Cooler Master Hyper 212
            Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 600w
            Asus M4A87TD/USB3 v.1005
            G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM
            ASUS ENGTS450 GeForce GTS 450 1GB

Comment

• ram voltage

i have two set of g-skill sniper but one set is 1.25v and the other is 1.5v can i put both of then.

sorry for my english.
              thank.
              cooler master storm enforcer
              amd phenom II X6 1100t
              asus sabertooth 990fx
              8 gig g-skill sniper 1600
              gigabyte hd 6950 1 gig
              ocz 850w gold

Comment

• Gractan,

It will be the same, I believe there is only one set of timings for that motherboard that applies to all slots.

But for full slots, you may need to raise VDDNB Voltage a notch, so keep that in mind if the system is unstable.

electrodv,

You can try 1.50V memory settings, but I think they may have problems.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

• ok thank you, i will order another pairs of sniper with 1.25 v

cooler master storm enforcer
                  amd phenom II X6 1100t
                  asus sabertooth 990fx
                  8 gig g-skill sniper 1600
                  gigabyte hd 6950 1 gig
                  ocz 850w gold

Comment

• Max Bandwidth

CPU: AMD Phenom II 955BE @ Stock
                    MB: GA-890GPA-UD3H Rev2.0
                    BIOS: FE
                    RAM1: DIMM1 - G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 1600Mhz 1.50V [Max Bandwidth: PC3-12800H (800Mhz)]
                    RAM2: DIMM2 - G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 1600Mhz 1.50V [Max Bandwidth: PC3-12800H (800Mhz)]
                    RAM3: DIMM3 - G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 1600Mhz 1.50V [Max Bandwidth: PC3-10700H (667Mhz)]
                    RAM4: DIMM4 - G Skill F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ 1600Mhz 1.50V [Max Bandwidth: PC3-10700H (667Mhz)]
                    Timings: 8-8-8-24-2T

BIOS Settings
                    Cool & Quiet - Disabled
                    Virtualisation - Disabled
                    C1E - Disabled

CPU Clock Ratio: Auto (3200Mhz)
                    CPU NB Frequency: Auto (2000Mhz)
                    CPU Host Clock Control: Auto
                    ------> CPU Frequency: 200Mhz

HT Link Frequency: Auto (2000Mhz)

Mem Clock: Auto
                    ------Mem Clock: x6.66 (1333Mhz)
                    ------Timings: Auto (8-8-8-24)

System Voltage Control: Auto
                    ------CPU PLL Voltage Control: Normal (2.500V)
                    ------DRAM Voltage Control: 1.500V (1.500V)
                    ------DDR VTT Voltage Control: Normal (0.750V)
                    ------NB Voltage Control: Normal (1.300V)
                    ------Sideport Mem Voltage Control: Normal (1.600V)
                    ------NB/PCIe/PLL Voltage Control: Normal (1.800V)
                    ------CPU NB VID Control: 1.15V (1.100V)
                    ------CPU Voltage Control: Normal (1.325V)
                    ------Normal CPU Voltage Control: 1.325V

I've been trying to overclock my System and I can't seem to get it stable.
                    I set my CPU overclock back to stock and decided to see if my RAM was stable.
                    I applied settings which where posted in the OP and tried to run the RAM at their rated speed of 1600MHz but got BSOD after >20mins in a Prime95 Blend Test.
                    The BSOD error code was 0x00000124 and according to BlueScreenView it was triggered by the Hal.dll file.
                    As I'm utilising all the banks I went to the motherboards website to see about specs and it states:
                    Code:
                    4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory
                    Dual channel memory architecture
                    Support for DDR3 1866(OC)/1333/1066 MHz memory modules (Note 2)
                    (Note 2) To reach DDR3 1866MHz or above, you must install two memory modules and install them in the DDR3_3 and DDR3_4 memory sockets.
                    Consider that I read in this thread that I wouldn't be able to get them to run at 1600Mhz when occupying all DIMM slots I decided to go with the fail safe settings of 1333Mhz and timings of 8-8-8-24.

Problem was that it still gave a BSOD after >20mins in a Prime95 Blend Test and with being triggered by the same .dll file.

I really need to get my system stable at stock speeds so I can get around to OC'ing it later on.

What is wrong on my system.?

NB. I'm using 2 4GB Kits(4x2GB) but both are rated the same except for Max Bandwidth which I stated at the top.

Comment

• Faulty?

F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL is the kit I have (4x4GB) installed on my GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard along with a FX-8150 CPU.

On the package they are rated at CL 9 9 9 24 2T 1.5V.

(Before going any further, let me state that I've tried each method, including fail-safe methods listed in the OP, read on...)

Regardless of which methods I try I still can't seem to get these sticks stable, and I believe it's still a configuration problem and NOT a problem with an individual stick or the motherboard.
                      After troubleshooting this entire week straight so far and testing different configurations overnight, the best I can do is ~44% in memtest86+ before I see at least an error or two.
                      (This is at 1333Mhz / 2T 9 9 9 24 OR 1066Mhz / 7 7 7 21 (<--Latter set automatically in BIOS, former done manually), and also they will POST fine this way and even allow me to play rather hardware taxing games without any BSODs for a few hours, but the errors still concern me)

If I test each stick individually overnight at 1333mhz/ 2T 9 9 9 24 1.5V - NO ERRORS.
                      The problems start when all 4 sticks are running, which as stated by others may be because of the added load on the memory controller.
                      Bumping the voltage up slightly on my memory controller (CPU-NB VID +.100) does help, but the errors still come up after about 44% in memtest86+.
                      Slightly bumping the voltage up on RAM hasn't changed this either, and I'm wondering what else I can try.

One other thing that helped even get me to the point I'm at is by following an earlier poster's advice in this very thread, I checked reported XMP values by CPU-Z in Windows and changed the timings to what it reported instead of the extra values set automatically by the BIOS. This helped bump me up to 44% with no errors, but I'm still wondering what else I can do.

BIOS SETTINGS (The ones that get me to 44% in memtest86+)
                      CPU Clock Ratio (Auto) 3600Mhz
                      Core Performance Boost (Disabled)
                      Cpu Host Clock Control (manual)
                      CPU Frequency Mhz (200) [I've tested two ways - keeping the base clock at 200 and adjusting memory clock or keeping memory clock and adjusting core clock to 240, doesn't seem to matter/make a difference either way)
                      HT Link Width (Auto) 2600Mhz (I've tried toning this down too in different configurations, no luck improving stability)
                      cpu north bridge freq (auto) 2200mhz (and I've played with this too in various configurations, even made sure it's at 2400 when trying DRAM at 1600Mhz as per instruction)
                      host clock (auto)
                      mem clock (auto) 6.66x (1333Mhz)
                      Timings - 9 9 9 24 (oddly in some of my tests , as per the cpu-z SPD report method, upping that last latency to 25 instead of 24 seemed to help)
                      Voltages -
                      CPU-NB (Auto) 1.1v (This value is unchanged) (and in some configurations bumping this up a little did help, others it didn't, and never got past 44% in memtest without errors in ANY of my tests)
                      DRAM 1.5V

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. As far as I know, each stick AND DIMM SLOT is OK and now it's just a matter of making a configuration that is 100% stable. I've troubleshooted this so long I'm on the brink of insanity.

Thanks for your help!
                      Last edited by Rob Wilco; 11-03-2011, 01:22 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

• Thanks for the response. I finally got the RAM and got it plugged in...now a couple of dummy questions...

1. I saw someone had said with all four slots filled, the RAM will not run at the full 1600 speed, is that correct?

2. I guess I'm confused on the ASUS bios where to find the CPU-NB voltage or the DRAM voltage. I swear I've looked in all the menus and didn't see anything labeled like that.

3. When I ran CPU-Z after I got the system booted back up, I noticed something weird...Slot #1 & #2 are labeled as PC3-10700H (667 MHz) whereas Slots #3 & #4 list as PC3-12800H (800MHz). Why would that be happening with the exact same RAM sticks in all 4 slots?

UPDATE

So I found the place where there was the CPU/NB voltage and the CPU voltage. So do I need to adjust both or just 1, and which one do I adjust to 1.20V? I also found the DRAM voltage, so I can adjust that to 1.6V, but I guess I am confused when you said,

"But for full slots, you may need to raise VDDNB Voltage a notch, so keep that in mind if the system is unstable."

Also, I'm not sure I understand the step,

"2. Set CPU-NB Frequency to 2400MHz (DDR3-1600 / 2 = 800MHz, then x 3) CPU-NB Frequency should always be 3X DRAM bus frequency"

because it seemed that I did not have a setting for 2400MHz, just for something like 2440MHz. Was I in the wrong place?
                        Last edited by Gractan; 10-25-2011, 08:43 AM. Reason: New Info
                        AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE C3
                        Cooler Master Hyper 212
                        Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 600w
                        Asus M4A87TD/USB3 v.1005
                        G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM
                        ASUS ENGTS450 GeForce GTS 450 1GB

Comment

• Thanks to g.skill email support , they sent me this forum link to set 1600 on ram G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB model F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL.
                          Im going to buy this motherboard : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131651 and in details says : Memory Standard DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 ; i think that means i only need to OC rams if i want to get 2000.
                          The problem is i never OC my systems and i wont mess around with it , and what happend if i do this without any cooler hardware ?.
                          There is any g.skill product that can get 1600 without OC ?.

Comment

• I am using kit F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 2x2gb on a Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 using the latest bios. The bios saw the kit as 1600 so no problem there. The NB was at 2000mhz so I changed it to 2400mhz, no problem. DRAM voltage was 1.51 and I upped the CPU-NB voltage to 1.2., all as per the guide on the first post. My problem is that I can not set them at 9-9-9-24. The bios sets them at 9-9-9-28 and if I try to change the 28 to 24 I get a boot error. I am not sure if it would even be a noticible difference but I would like to be able to run them at the advertised specs.
                            Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

• Xtremedod

Depends on the CPU, most AMD CPUs will require an OC for 1600 sticks, otherwise can go 1600 and run at 1333 or just get 1333 stickstrenz

trenz

If it won't accept the manual inout for the setting, then the BIOS is prob off a bit and will need an update, I'd contact GB and let them know...they might even have a beta BIOS that already incorporates a fix. Many mobo makers still sort of look to the old timings formula of A+B+C=D or 9-9-9=27, 8-8-8=24 and don't look to incorporate tighter end timings than the old formula. Overall shouldn't bother performance, prob not even really show any in BenchMarks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                                trenz

If it won't accept the manual inout for the setting, then the BIOS is prob off a bit and will need an update, I'd contact GB and let them know...they might even have a beta BIOS that already incorporates a fix. Many mobo makers still sort of look to the old timings formula of A+B+C=D or 9-9-9=27, 8-8-8=24 and don't look to incorporate tighter end timings than the old formula. Overall shouldn't bother performance, prob not even really show any in BenchMarks
                                I don't know what happened to my post from yesterday but wanted to say thanks Tradesman. I wont worry about the timings. I have a Phenom II x4 965 BE and will be doing my first overclock so I am sure I will see more performance gains from that as opposed to going from 28 to 24 in the ram timings

Comment

Working...
                                X