No announcement yet.

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Bios settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go back into bios MIT and change the system memory multiplier to 2.66d.

Make sure all the other changes are still present.

Do not worry about it saying the system failed due to over clocking voltage.
    That is normal when bumping things up or a memory dump/reboot, it just reset it back to a normal state.

******DRAM Performance Control******

Performance Enhance [STANDARD ]
    Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)....................[ DISABLE ]
    (G) MCH Frequency Latch.........................[AUTO ]
    System Memory Multiplier.........................[AUTO]<--- change to 2.66d
    Memory Frequency 1066...........................[ 1066] 1064
    DRAM Timing Selectable..........................[MANUAL ]

F-10, Y (yes) and system reboots, it may shut off for second but it should go through this time and work a lot better.

If it fails on the 2.66d setting use the 2.40b setting repeating above.

Please post results. The 1200+ is because the board has the 3.20 setting from earlier settings.

Basically, you take your cpu host frequency, in this case 400 and multiply that by the system memory multiplier or 2.66d and that gives you you RAM's speed.
    400 x 2.66= 1064
    400x2.40=960

By upping the CPU host frequency, the CPU gets over clocked and so does the ram.
    But both work together, if you use the 2.40b setting, up the CPU host to 444
    444x2.40=1066 RAM speed

The CPU host frequency being 444, you would need to chnage the CPU multiplier to 7 and the fine adjust to .050. That gives you a 7.5 multiplier for the CPU.
    444x7.5=3.33ghz CPU speed
    Last edited by 4x64; 10-03-2009, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by geojo2 View Post
      SEE MY POST ABOVE FIRST

I made those changes and everything seems to be OK

My CPU frequency reads 3.2 GHZ {400X8}

My Memory Frequency reads 1066 1280 is this OK???

NO that RAM speed will crash the system! See above post on how to fix it.

Comment

I am getting a little confused here

I changed the system memory multiplier to 2.66 I still came up with a blue screen and a shutdown

I now have it set for 2.40 and changed the host freq to 444 from 400

I am looking to change the CPU muliplier to 7.5 but i cannot locate it. Are we talking about the CPU Clock Ratio?

Comment

I changed the CPU Clock ratio to 7....This gave me 3.10GHz (444X7) How do I fine tune this to get the 7.5???

Comment

Never mind, just found it...I"ll get back to you

Thanks

Comment

Nope, It did not work..I am sure i did everything to your specs.
              Right now I can't get into windows..I am being asked for my windows product key and before i can enter it, I get a blue screen and reboots.
              Should I just go back to the settings you gave me on 9/20??

Comment

Let me know.

Comment

You might want to annotate your current setting, and reset the BIOS to defaults with the sticks in slots 2-4 and start anew, get the RAM stable at the default FSB of 333. Once that's done you can work on an OC.
                  You have the 1.6 mobo, do you have the FB BIOS, dated 5/20/2009? didn't see anything mentioned (or I just plain missed it)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

SEE POST #41

This is why the start with loading optimized defaults before doing anything else.

On these particular boards, you have to do that first. Then go into doing OC per post #42
                    Last edited by 4x64; 10-04-2009, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I referred to 9/20/09 (post#32) not 5/20/09 I did not see any dates on the post screen, but on the bottom left of the Mobo said Rev 1.6

When I received the extra ram a few days ago, I config the MIT and bios to post #32

After doing this the PC worked fine but some of the setting came out incorrect. This was because I did not load and save optimized defaults when I made the changes. I then loaded the optimized defaults, and made the changes as referred to in post 32+ 46. After doing this I came up with the blue screen errors ie: drivers_not less_ or_equal. I ran memtest86 for a few minutes and came up with 1000+errors. I went back to to settings that were in POST#32 ONLY and ran the memtest86 all the way thru and came up with****0****errors.
                      I then went back to the MIT settings and changed the System memory Mutiplier to 2.40B to 3.20B and the tRAS to 15 from 18, saved and got out.

I worked on the pc all day yesterday and it worked fine. During the day I had rebooted it and shut it down a few times with no problems. I added on program for my 260 video card which is a program where you can adjust you clock speed, fan etc. I did not do anything with it because I only have a 56k modem while here in Maine and i wanted to update the drivers.

This morning when I turned on the PC, I came up with the blue screen again. I ran the memtest a few minutes and came up with 1000+ errors . I then went back to the orginal setting from just POST#32 ONLY,changing the system mem multiplier back to 2.40 and the tRAS back to 18.... I ran the memtest and came up with **0**errors.

So this is where I am at now.

There is one thing that is confusing to me is that if you are just going to make 1 or 2 changes in the MIT or the bios DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO LOAD OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS AND SAVE. before making changes because this would mean you have to redo all the previous settings.

The help you fellows are given me is well appreciated
                      Thanks

Comment

The load optimized defaults only has to be done once. It sets a baseline in the bios.
                        And I assume you meant post 42 settings not post 32?

For each change made, assuming the change is a good setting, it only has to be changed in bios.

Using a windows based tuner like easy tune or that 260 program can fowl things up.
                        It's your computer and choice to use these, but it has proven to be not a reliable as bios tuning (MIT)

I suspect that one of the ram sticks may have an issue.

Did you notice during testing which set showed the errors? The tests go something like this-- testing 0-2048 (1st stick), testing 2048-4096 (2nd stick) testing 4096-6144 (3rd stick) testing 6144-8192 (4th stick), and testing 8192- Then it moves to the second tests and repeats testing order.
                        Look for these number in the upper right hand of the screen while it is testing to pin point the questionable stick. It may be okay and just failing due to over load of an incorrect setting.
                        Last edited by 4x64; 10-05-2009, 11:22 AM.

Comment

I did mean the 42 settings. Right now everything seems to be working OK. The first memtest i did showed up within the first 2 seconds before errors. I ASSUME THIS WAS SLOT ONE??? On the second memtest I did the errors started after 3 MINUTES or so, I can not be sure about this or if it was on #1 slot or another.

My pc is perculating along right now

But is it operating at its full potential?

Do you want me to try any of the previous settings that were given, right now my settings are according to post #32 , or do you want me to go along with this or try somethin else???

Comment

Are you pleased with it's performance?

It is difficult to know what it is doing and how its performing because I cannot see it.
                            If you used the settings in post # 42, those are very good settings.

You can download cpu-z and post the link to the validation, that gives a lot of info.

cpuz here: http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Once it's downloaded, open it, click run and click validate at the bottom.
                            At the top of the page that opens next, put in a userid and your email, then click submit this is all at the top of that page. When the validation page opens, copy the url link and post it. A validation looks like this, it is mine.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=743878

Comment

I don't know whether I am pleased or not because I do not know the potential of my computer.

I built this for my grandson and in turn he was building me one. Now I own this, and he is keeping mine because of the problems it have had building his

First of all, when I decided to build this and needed some sort of config. to go by I found this website "mysuperpc.com" and this is where I found out what parts to get..

But then one big mistake is that I did not use the Crucial ram as was suggested because Newegg was out of stock at the time. According to the builder on mysuperpc.com when he got his PC all together, made a few changes in the bios and nothing in the MIT, fired it up and that was it. All Done (and he used slots 1 and 3

All I have been doing is messing with this and trying to get windows installed properly for the last 2 months.

I am no computer wiz but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that GSkill ram technology is a few months or so ahead of the Gigabyte motherboards with their voltage settings and that is why Crucial ram worked correctly(voltage settings are less) with his motherboard.

I guess I am going to have to grin and bear this until Gigabyte comes out with some bios updates.

I am going to download the cpuid and run it. I will let you know what happens............

Comment

I looked at the site mysuperpc.com they are recommending decent equipment and the set up is good. One would be happy with their system build specs.

Contact Newegg and explain to them what's been going on. See if they will take it back for a credit on another set. Their customer service number is (800) 390-1119.

or

G Skill Tech-- Can you offer any assistance on doing a replacement??

Comment

Working...
                                X