No announcement yet.

G.SKill Falcon firmware V1819

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does not look like the new firmware will be released this month. Probably around the new year I am guessing.

Comment

i'm being patient.... but i'm also getting hopeless.
      SSD Gskill, not again!

I'm thinking in selling my 128Gb Falcon for 2x Intel 80 G2

Comment

Originally posted by nine9 View Post
        You didn't get my point.
        Do you have $4,500 to pay for that SSD, what if we need 2, 4 TB ? do you have tens of $thousands to give just for SSD ?

I'm still sure that people are mostly buying SSD to be their system disk nothing else. To use SSD as normal hdd aka storage device its way too expensive.
        Absolutely, it really goes without saying. No one is going to have their media stash on an ssd when mech is well and truly capable of speeds required for media streaming. It's the system disk where it really shines (and, to clarify, what I would never go back to mech on )

Comment

Dont spam the thread guys ...... WTF is the new FW. This is getting hopeless

Comment

yes where is the new firmware !!!! won't install windows 7 till its out so have my copy of 7 sitting on my desktop collecting dust !

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
              Thank you for your patience everybody, we have been working hard on it for the past couple months. We will have it released shortly.

Thank you for your support
              GSKILL SUPPORT
              Two weeks have now passed and still no new Firmware. I wonder if we will ever see it. I think maybe I am going to flash using the OCZ firmware, nothing to lose other than two drives that do not perform properly in Raid0.

Comment

Yes, the only thing I'm wondering is why are they selling drives with the new 1819 firmware installed (googling) and they don't release it? maybe the update procedure is too hard or not possible (hard to believe) with GSkill drives?

I'll like a good tested new firmware but if it is now shipped in new Falcons, I assume that it's stable and enough checked. I'm also considering to flash my two falcons with OCZ firmware. Please GSkill, let us know what is happening...

Comment

I'm thinking about OCZ firmware also.. I wonder if we could go directly to 1.41
                  Last edited by sirius69; 11-07-2009, 07:53 AM.

Comment

It is not possible to crossflash Falcon 1571 direct to Vertex 1.41 (1.40). It is necessary to do the procedure Falcon 1571 => Vertex 1.1 => Vertex 1.3 => Vertex 1.41 (1.40). This is the reason, why I don?t recommend to do this to users without good computer knowledge...

Comment

can someone from G.Skill at least give us some information on a release date for FW 1819??...2+ weeks ago they commented that it would be released shortly...at least give us some information instead of nothing at all...another poster mentioned that it would be released the last week of October or first week of November...well that would make it this week

I just want to know a specific timeframe...even if they say it will be released in December or January it's better then this endless waiting game...give us something G.Skill!!...this silence is causing you to lose customers

Comment

Originally posted by Titus View Post

I just want to know a specific timeframe...even if they say it will be released in December or January it's better then this endless waiting game...give us something G.Skill!!...this silence is causing you to lose customers

I don't think they give a rats *** about how many customers they lose.

Comment

A french website seems to have published 1819 firmware for falcons:

http://www.comptoir-hardware.com/act...t-au-trim.html

http://www.comptoir-hardware.com/don...grade%20AP.rar

The SSDType.cfg seems to describe different dies/pcbs.

Can G.Skill tech comfirm these are genuine 1819 firmwares ?

Comment

The contents of the rar file shows only updates for 64 GB version. It's a quite strange how they release this firmware.

EDIT. Seems to content also firmware updates for all capacities. Thanks for the link, maybe that speed up the official release, c'mon GSkill.
                            Last edited by RickDekkard; 11-03-2009, 05:10 PM.

Comment

so a French website has the new firmware and new SSD's are shipping with the new firmware but G.Skill will not release the firmware to their existing customers??

Comment

...God thanks, it happened....RELEEEEEASED!!

Comment

Working...
                                X