No announcement yet.

G.SKill Falcon firmware V1819

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is it and I don't really see why, except if you're a maniac geek , that running 2 ssd in raid would be so necessary... only 1 Falcon is fast enough for me and much less problems, raid was great for Hard drives as they were quite slow , but who really need the raid speed of 2 ssds.. except for bragging rights and show some nice results graphic on the internet. On everyday life computing the falcon with the actual firmware work VERY well and fast ... I can't believe that some people would be using XP with raid then complain that things don't work as they should.. Use win 7, the trim command will be supported by running wiper.exe in admin mode and you'll be very happy. I don't see what would need to go faster on my computer right now...
    Last edited by sirius69; 10-29-2009, 07:16 AM.

Comment

I'm really getting EXTREMELY frustrated with G.Skill...when the heck are they going to release the new firmware??????????

I feel like taking my Falcon SSD and smashing it on the ground...I will never, ever buy another G.Skill product in my life...ever...they have the worst customer service...not releasing a new firmware in over 3 months????

Comment

To be honest, i don't really care for the new one. If you look at OCZ forums, there are a lot of people complaining of how its slower. I am fine with using wiper once a month.

Comment

true slower...or handjob of synthetic benchs rather than using their PC productively

I incline to the latter.

I personally have nothing to **** benchs, I want Trim on my SSD under my windows 7

Comment

I surely wouldn't be satisfied to buy expensive SSD and then having problems with it and firmware takes 3 months to get out.... that is not professional, i don't understand how can they leave all people for 3 months without proper firmware.

Comment

Wake up! The prices for the SSDs are a bargain compared to the HDD prices even 10 Years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by nine9 View Post
                I surely wouldn't be satisfied to buy expensive SSD and then having problems with it and firmware takes 3 months to get out.... that is not professional, i don't understand how can they leave all people for 3 months without proper firmware.
                I've been using this for 3 months rock solid (1571 firmware). I understand that some folk want the new firmware, but it seems mostly because 'someone else has it'. The current firmware works just great for me, I would like trim support, but it's certainly not killing the drive The speed of this thing (128 gig falcon) is just amazing, I'd never go back to mechanical drives.

I recall that another version of the firmware was released for ocz, and a lot of users complained about that not coming to g.skill either, then it was withdrawn due to data loss issues. So with that in mind, how would everyone feel about getting an untested buggy firmware and losing data? I'm pretty damn happy that g.skill aren't caving into pressure and releasing this thing before it's ready.

nine9, if you do have any probs with the current firmware and your falcon drive, try post a question, it is unfortunately true that the support from g.skill is pretty slow, but there will probably be a forum member who can help.

Comment

Trim doesn't work for alot of people, even when they follow all of the tech support guidlines. I have a post where Tech support just stopped responding after I posted my error message.... no response in a month. G.Skill has a good product but now you can't find many out there because of a vendor agreement problem of some sort. However their support is the worst there is. There really aren't even very many posts to answer. In fact they could answer every outstanding question on here in one day. lol I love the SSD but my next purchase will not be from G.Skill

Comment

Originally posted by tehroller View Post
                    The speed of this thing (128 gig falcon) is just amazing, I'd never go back to mechanical drives.
                    But you still need hdd, because ssd it to expensive to have it for storage, people usually buy ssd as system boot disk, where you can have there for example windows and program files. But if you have now for example 500 to 1000 GB, it is expensive to buy so many ssd to match that storage space.
                    Not to mention if someone needs over 1 TB of space...

Comment

Originally posted by Titus View Post
                      I'm really getting EXTREMELY frustrated with G.Skill...when the heck are they going to release the new firmware??????????

I feel like taking my Falcon SSD and smashing it on the ground...I will never, ever buy another G.Skill product in my life...ever...they have the worst customer service...not releasing a new firmware in over 3 months????
                      I'll buy it from you, no problem... when ?

I tend to agree with you but don't forget that Gskill is not the only company that doesn't have the new firmware yet and Intel just removed it for download. Take a look at the PATRIOT forum, they are *****ing as much as we do, no firmware yet.. on Supertalent's forum, they are also *****ing because the new firmware create problems for many people, some motherboard don't support it etc etc... we are pioneers when it come to SSD so we have to be patient and those in raid should of known BEFORE buying it that Raid was not supported for some time to come if ever..

You've never bought an ATI video card , when it first came out, that had some decent drivers only 6 months later while your card was already outdated ? that happened to me many times..

But as chipeast said: they could come here and answer all the question in less than 10 minutes... we wonder if they will close shop or what..

Comment

Originally posted by nine9 View Post
                        But you still need hdd, because ssd it to expensive to have it for storage, people usually buy ssd as system boot disk, where you can have there for example windows and program files. But if you have now for example 500 to 1000 GB, it is expensive to buy so many ssd to match that storage space.
                        Not to mention if someone needs over 1 TB of space...
                        pureSilicon Debuts 1TB 2.5-Inch SSD
                        http://www.hpcwire.com/offthewire/pu...html?viewAll=y

Comment

Originally posted by sirius69 View Post
                          I tend to agree with you but don't forget that Gskill is not the only company that doesn't have the new firmware yet and Intel just removed it for download. Take a look at the PATRIOT forum, they are *****ing as much as we do, no firmware yet.. on Supertalent's forum, they are also *****ing because the new firmware create problems for many people, some motherboard don't support it etc etc... we are pioneers when it come to SSD so we have to be patient and those in raid should of known BEFORE buying it that Raid was not supported for some time to come if ever..
                          the problem with G.Skill is not their products but the terrible support...this is the 'official' G.Skill forums and you almost never see an official G.Skill rep online to answer any questions...why even bother creating an official support forum if no one is ever around to provide any support?

every few months an official G.Skill representative will post a message with the same excuse...that the servers are not working correctly and to please be patient while they change servers or something along those lines...with G.Skill you better hope that the product you buy has no defects because then everything will be fine...but if you require any technical support or assistance then the real problems begin...my 256GB SSD Falcon works fine but SSD's require updated firmware for optimal performance and that is where you need to depend on G.Skill to deliever timely updates which they do not do

I think the problem is that G.Skill is based out of Asia and English is not their main language so they have difficulty posting in English forums...but is it so hard to hire an English rep out of the USA?...I really don't think I will buy another G.Skill product again because of these type of issues

Comment

yep I totally agree with that....It look like they just put some falcon stickers on some SSD from a third party hardware company based in Taiwan. Gskill Main office is in Taiwan, They seem to have 2 servers, one for the forum in the UK if I'm not mistaking ( from the whois) and the main one in Taiwan. They don't own the server so, this mean that the large company who own the server can't make it work since ages ?
                            OCZ has their corporate headquarter in the USA but not Gskill.. if it mean anything. Just talking The problem with OCZ is that they are the master of the mail-in rebate that take ages to arrive... I hate mail-in rebates.

G.Skill came here today and made 1 post , nice he's still alive lol !
                            Last edited by sirius69; 10-30-2009, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ibarnett View Post
                              pureSilicon Debuts 1TB 2.5-Inch SSD
                              http://www.hpcwire.com/offthewire/pu...html?viewAll=y
                              You didn't get my point.
                              Do you have $4,500 to pay for that SSD, what if we need 2, 4 TB ? do you have tens of $thousands to give just for SSD ?

I'm still sure that people are mostly buying SSD to be their system disk nothing else. To use SSD as normal hdd aka storage device its way too expensive.
                              Last edited by nine9; 10-31-2009, 06:40 AM.

Comment

When they release V1819? Any dates?

Comment

Working...
                                X