X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfsu127
    replied
    Originally posted by KnightRider7880 View Post
    After uninstalling the software did you delete the ASUS folder from c:\Program Files (x86) ???
    Also tried that. Got rid of any Asus folder in both the Program Files folder/programdata/appdata. Still no luck Really hoping it fixes itself at some point returning it means no computer while it gets looked at then replaced...

Leave a comment:

• KnightRider7880
    replied
    Originally posted by nfsu127 View Post
    I have tried all the steps mentioned in the forum including leaving my computer unplugged the night and also switching the RAM slots. I usually have 2 RAM modules installed but have removed one to see if this would force this one to reset. In the picture shows how the module has been for the last 2 days. It was working the first day i got it and since then been like this. I have now uninstalled all software including the "app center" which included rgb fusion. The only version of Trident Z RGB has been v 1.00.16 and i have installed this 3-4 times after multiple restarts and switching of slots with no different result. If you require any further information to help me resolve this please let me know or do i need to return it and get a new set?
    PC Build:
    Gigabyte Z270X - Gaming 5
    I5 7600k 3.8ghz
    Tridentz RGB Ram 16GB F4-2400C15D-16GTZR
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1060 6GB
    Corsair 460X Crystal Series
    http://imgur.com/KB9tfyu <-- Is how it is staying.
    After uninstalling the software did you delete the ASUS folder from c:\Program Files (x86) ???

Leave a comment:

• nfsu127
    replied
    I have tried all the steps mentioned in the forum including leaving my computer unplugged the night and also switching the RAM slots. I usually have 2 RAM modules installed but have removed one to see if this would force this one to reset. In the picture shows how the module has been for the last 2 days. It was working the first day i got it and since then been like this. I have now uninstalled all software including the "app center" which included rgb fusion. The only version of Trident Z RGB has been v 1.00.16 and i have installed this 3-4 times after multiple restarts and switching of slots with no different result. If you require any further information to help me resolve this please let me know or do i need to return it and get a new set?
    PC Build:
    Gigabyte Z270X - Gaming 5
    I5 7600k 3.8ghz
    Tridentz RGB Ram 16GB F4-2400C15D-16GTZR
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1060 6GB
    Corsair 460X Crystal Series
    http://imgur.com/KB9tfyu <-- Is how it is staying.
    Last edited by nfsu127; 04-26-2017, 04:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Archangel47
    replied
    Yeah

Software issues... i am fighting this for a long time and i still hope but if in the next macimum 2 revisions if is not out of beta, i will give up... and for sure i will give up asus rog if they will not workout aura for x99 in the next month !

Leave a comment:

• ChibIStar
    replied
    I just installed the v1.00.16 software. I had no prior installs on the computer as I have an x99 Mobo. I have four sticks and initially I could control all but the 2nd one to the left. I played with it a bit then gave up. A day later suddenly that one was working fine but then the one all the way to the right was just doing its own thing. I uninstalled the software, reinstalled it. Now I could no longer control the three to the left but only the one on the right. Okay..

So I ran through the troubleshooting steps of putting it on default, shutting down, unplugging for at least 3 minutes and then toggling it on and off. I have now gotten it to where I can control the right two sticks but not the left two sticks. It doesn't make any sense to me.

I guess I should just be happy they are lighting up but it is kind of disappointing that now I cannot change them to a different mode or anything because only two will change and the others are stuck on a mode I put on when I COULD control them. Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• proph
    replied
    I've returned mine. No chance to get them running. Good luck guys.

Leave a comment:

• DeviceEnforcer
    replied
    Originally posted by Dorneaz View Post
    You go to services.msc (win+r and type in : services.msc) you search for it (it being AsLedService) and right click, you go in properties, starting mode : automatic or manual you go for manual and run the service if it was down and now, it should always be up, even when crashing (or at least it did for me). Don't forget to reset it to automatic if it works, so it runs itself without issues.
    Thanks for the help, but unfortunately this method doesn't work for me. The service still turns itself off every time the software crashes.

Leave a comment:

• QuantumsEdge
    replied
    Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
    MSI and Gigabyte X99 doesn't require that setting change in BIOS. As long as you have an updated the BIOS to the latest version (in most cases, BIOS versions released in or after Feb 2017 should work). Only ASUS X99 motherboards have this setting disabled by default and has the option to be enabled through BIOS.

Just make sure that you have the memory installed in the correct slots, and it should be detected. If there's still issues, send our tech support an email (techsupport@gskill.com) describing your issue and information about your system (motherboard, cpu, memory model numbers, and BIOS version).
    Okay G.Skill admin! I have posted all of that here as well as sent an e-mail to the given address! Look forward to actually being able to use this lol

Leave a comment:

• Dorneaz
    replied
    Originally posted by DeviceEnforcer View Post
    How did you set the AsLedService as permanently on? I would like to try this method, but the service always turns off. The most I can find is a way to have the service automatically turn itself on after it crashes.
    You go to services.msc (win+r and type in : services.msc) you search for it (it being AsLedService) and right click, you go in properties, starting mode : automatic or manual you go for manual and run the service if it was down and now, it should always be up, even when crashing (or at least it did for me). Don't forget to reset it to automatic if it works, so it runs itself without issues.

Update : My RMA was accepted for my 32GB kit but... well, having 2 ram sticks that are lit up but uncontrollable is better than having to wait for replacement while not having a PC at all.
    Last edited by Dorneaz; 04-26-2017, 05:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• G.SKILL
    replied
    Please note that the original "clean uninstall" process is only for v1.00.08 beta only, since it had a bug where the service was not removed correctly during a normal uninstall process. (@zero113two please try the ten step restoration process for v1.00.16 and see if it helps you get the lighting back. http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=14257)

In regards to some modules being uncontrollable on boot, and that restarting the AsLedService would sometimes revive, we've done further testing and believe that it is due to conflicting software that also accesses the SMBUS for one reason or another. Usually, it's another software that also controls lighting, and lighting control software typically are set to start when the system boots. So when two or more software start at the same time, the commands get stuck and cause some of the modules to stop responding to the software.

We're in the process of reaching out to see how to best avoid, prevent, or resolve this with other vendors, but will require some time, as it will also likely require the update of the other software.

For now, please do check whether or not there are other software that are set to start running on system startup. And see if disabling it for startup or uninstalling helps. It would also help if you can let us know if there's a particular software that causes the conflict, as that would let our team know if there's additional programs that we need to be concerned about aside from the major vendors, like ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, ASRock, NZXT CAM, etc. Aside from lighting software, some system detect software (like CPU-Z or AIDA64) may also interfere with the lighting control if it is set to start at boot.

Thanks for all the feedback and system info provided, as well as your patience. It does help the process to go a bit faster, since it'll give us a general direction through all the massive amounts of feedback and noise.

Leave a comment:

• Yami Shoumetsu
    replied
    So for every restarts and shutdowns, I notice there is always 1-3 ram sticks who will not light up or will not follow the effect that I chose and cannot be configured. I can always fix it by just restarting the AsLedService multiple times until it works(usually 1-2 times only of restarting it). I got v1.00.16 BETA of the software by the way.
    Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming M7 (with v1.3 of bios, which is currently the latest)
    Ram: G. Skill Trident Z RGB 3000 mhz 32GB(4x8GB) 15CL

So what can I do to help you guys fix this?

Leave a comment:

• Schredder
    replied
    I got all 4 module light up again.

I just had to send them back and get new ones.
    I will not install this software again as long as it is in beta stadium.

Its pretty sad that you buy a premium product and have issues like that.

Support just stopped answearing my questions.

Leave a comment:

• KnightRider7880
    replied
    Originally posted by zero113two View Post
    MOBO: Gigabyte Z270x Ultra Gaming

This is so frustrating. I did a clean uninstall of the RGB software and reinstalled the latest version (1.00.16). I finally had the software to run on my PC again but it still only recognizes one of my two ram sticks.

I uninstalled RGB Fusion which I think helped with running the program again but I can only control one stick. I just want to get both sticks back to the default setting or just have the LEDs turned off. I tried unplugging the power, switching around the sticks to different slots but still only the one stick works.

How do fix this? It's been months already and I still can't get it back to normal or at least back to default.
    I find this very odd as I have the exact same board with no issues except freezing after 100 hours. Are you running the F4 BIOS?

Leave a comment:

• zero113two
    replied
    MOBO: Gigabyte Z270x Ultra Gaming

This is so frustrating. I did a clean uninstall of the RGB software and reinstalled the latest version (1.00.16). I finally had the software to run on my PC again but it still only recognizes one of my two ram sticks.

I uninstalled RGB Fusion which I think helped with running the program again but I can only control one stick. I just want to get both sticks back to the default setting or just have the LEDs turned off. I tried unplugging the power, switching around the sticks to different slots but still only the one stick works.

How do fix this? It's been months already and I still can't get it back to normal or at least back to default.

Leave a comment:

• Xtremegamer
    replied
    how do you control the light ???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X