No announcement yet.

Trident X DDR3 2400 + Asrock Z77 Extreme6, Unable to use XMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might try raising the DRAM voltage + .05 and set the timings manually, with 2 individual sticks as opposed to a 2 stick set, XMp only works by the package

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Same problem here. I am able to go till 2200 but anything more and the board doesn't post and then goes into boot loop (error 23).
      I've manually tried to even loosen timings but it just won't post @ 2400. I am on the latest 1.70 bios.

Comment

Oh and these are my specs:
        CPU: i5 3570K
        Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 6
        RAM: F3-2400C10D-8GTX

Comment

Did you enable XMP and try the 2400 profile? What timings and voltages (DRAM, VCCSA, CPUVTT) is the BIOS setting things to and what OC is the CPU at (multiplier)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes I tried to enable XMP 2400 profile but no luck.
            Timing: 10-12-12-31-2T
            DRAM Volage: 1.650
            VCCSA: 0.925
            VTT: 1.076

Tried with CPU @ stock and overclock to 4.5GHz but no go.

Comment

Coming back to the XMP problem after running a few tests the best I can get is 2133Mhz with i7 chip running at 4.2Ghz. These were only achieved by forcing BIOS on my Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe at the same timings as StrikerX.

Thus not 2400Mhz, as it claims on your website and certainly not that compatible is my Asus board can't even boot with XMP initialised. Needless to say I'm very disappointed.

Comment

Update: I've tried increasing VTT/IMC voltage as well and loosened timings to 13-13-13-40 but still boot looping (error 23) on 2400 MHz. However no issues at 2200 @ tight timings (10-11-11-28-1T)... I am out of ideas now :/

Comment

Might try raising VCCSA a notch, about 1.1

Tman

Comment

did that, same result.

Comment

Tinhat and Striker X

I'll be out most of the day, will drop GSkill Tech a note and if he's back, see if he can take a look

Tman

Comment

bump...

/10 char

Comment

Gskill's been working with them, they just released a BIOS 1.90 a couple days ago, have you tried it yet

Tman

Comment

No I haven't tried V1.90 as I was told 1.90 bios made things worse (overclocking wise) so I am a bit reluctant to try it.

Comment

I'll see if any of the builders I network with have any ideas, I've got the X 4 and no problems - at least through 32GB/2400 but haven't touched a x6 in a while, did an upgrade to 16GB but it was smoothe (and didn't have time to play, did it at the lady's house.

Tman

Comment

Make sure VCCSA Voltage goes up when you attempt DDR3-2400. It is absolutely necessary at such a high frequency.

Thank you
                                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                                X