No announcement yet.

Unstable system with Ripjaws Z Series 64GB (8 x 8GB) F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CPU temperature never goes above 55?C or so. Its water cooled with 3 3x120 radiators and the case has 12 fans. So maybe the RAM temperature, as I don’t have a fan blowing right on it or anything. Can I read the RAM temperatures anywhere? The ASRock utility just has CPU, MB and South Bridge temperatures. It looks like it crashed around 6:40pm.

My Setup, if you want to see it. .

Last edited by Tanquen; 09-16-2012, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Could get an infrared thermometer, but if it can handle 30+ hours, I wouldn't worry to much

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well after about a year with the new kit I have random corrupt files and failing Prime95 again. I did a bunch of testing today creating an ISO from a large folder structure. If I create the ISO and then make copy and then compare them I get compare errors. I tested this on all three of my drives, getting errors each time. I then took the folder structure and copied it to my laptop and second PC and did the same thing. Created an ISO and copied it and then ran a compare. On the other two computers there were no errors. So I removed all but one 8GB stick and now have no Prime95 errors and no compare errors after copying and comparing the ISO on all three drives again. Are the F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL kits just bad news or what? Never had this much trouble with RAM before.
        Last edited by Tanquen; 08-15-2013, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Well it’s been another year and about a month ago I stated getting corruption in large files again. I lowered the RAM speed to from XMP profile settings of 1600 to 1333 and that seemed to be ok for a month or so but now the corruption in large files is back and after a lockup this morning Windows says I have 60GB of RAM not 64. ??? Going to 1066 I think it was got the RAM total back to 64GB until it crashed again. I just got my 4th X79 motherboard like 6 months ago and have no idea why this keeps happening. No crazy over clocking or anything, I just use the XMP profile settings.

Is there a cutoff to the lifetime warranty?

Comment

There is no cut off time for warranty. As long as the modules are not physically damaged and the warranty sticker remains intact.

Test the modules individually to see if a stick is bad..

Comment

Working...
            X