No announcement yet.

F3-17000CL11D-8GBSR Timings & Voltages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried bumping the DRAM voltage to 1.656 and the VccIO to 1.164, also changed RFC from 171 to 174. These changes seemed to help a bit: IntelBurnTest passed, but prime 95 only lasted for an hour before getting an error. The CPU is only overclocked to 4 GHz which passed in other tests. DRAM timings are: 11-11-11-30-14-174-9-7-9-27-2T. What else can I do to make this more stable?

Comment

Guessing the VCCSA voltage is at about 0.925 take it to about 1.000 to 1.016 or as close as it will let you get if it has presets

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I could not get the memory to work at 2133 no matter what I tried. It would seem like I was getting close and then the computer would crash, seemed pretty random too. The good news is it does seem to work at 1867 with the same XMP timings as at 2133. So my question is what would be the timings for this slower (1867) setting for this memory? I must be able to adjust the timings to something faster then when it was at 2133.

Wish I had more frequency settings then 1600, 1867 and 2133. It would be nice to have something between 1867 and 2133. Looks like the only way to increase my bandwidth is by adjusting the timings at this point.
        Last edited by Radman3d; 11-04-2012, 04:27 PM.

Comment

At 2133 might try raising VCCIO to 1.2 and VCCSA to 1.14 also check tRFC in advanced/secondary timings, should be about 171-175, if no go and staying at 1866/7 try 10-10-10-30

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I tried the voltages: Dram 1.68, VccIO 1.164, VccSA 1.0 and tRFC at 174 to 180 and the system just was not stable..random crashes mostly when running Prime95. Thought I was getting close to getting it to work last night when it ran Prime for 6 hours before giving an error, I then tried upping the VccSA to 1.0 and then 1.1 and the system crashed. Seems the system does not like high VccSA. but I did have other random crashes with VccSA normal and VccIO at 1.164. Running now at 1867 with all voltages on Auto and it has ran Prime95 for over 6 hours and believe it will run here until the cows come home. One interesting thing about all this is I have had it at 2133 with all memory slots full for months and never a problem, it had gotten colder here and thought I would Prime test it and it would not pass, nor pass IntelBurnTest.

I will try the timings you gave me and let you know. Thanks for the help!
            Last edited by Radman3d; 11-04-2012, 06:25 PM.

Comment

If crashing with a higher VCCSA then it might preger a slightly higher vCore. also might (if not already monitor CPU temps, crashes could come from nearing the CPU Tj Max temp

Tman

Comment

Temps were fine at all times, but the vCore was on stock voltage with overclock of CPU to 4 GHz...this could be the issue then with the crashes. When I try 2133 again I will up the vCore.

Comment

Might well do the trick, shouldn't take a lot

Tman

Comment

Upped the vCore to 1.26, which should be more then enough for 4 GHz and VccSA to .94 with everything else increased where it was before. It is still giving an error after an hour or so in Prime95. I'm not very comfortable putting VccSA so high, from everything I have read they say not to touch it. What are your thoughts on that? I have put it back at 1867 for now 10-10-10-28-14-168-8-7-8-27. Do the timings for 1867 look ok to you or could I go lower on any of them? Seems the difference between 1867 and 2133 is only about 3%...from what I can tell using Sisoft Sandra to test BW, I am ok with that small decrease for now.

Comment

VCCSA is safe up through 1.25 (prob higher but that's about my max, and is often needed for the really big sets like 32 and 64GB, though 1.1 to 1.14 is normally enough if any extra is needed for a set like yours. Could take VTT a bit higher

For 1866 should be able to run at 10-10-10-30

Tman

Comment

I have been trying to get this to work, but it keeps on crashing after anywhere from 4 to 6 hours on Prime95. Settings so far are at vCore 1.26 @ 4 GHz, Dram is 1.68, VccSA is 1.03, VccIO is 1.16. Memory is at 2133 and timings are 11-11-11-30-14-175-9-7-9-27-2T. I am trying to raise the voltages a bit at a time and then test so I find the least voltage I need. Which one of these voltages do you think are crashing the system or to put it another way, which of these voltages should I raise first?

One other question: Do you know what Phase Control should be on, 1) CPU Power State or Full On?

Comment

Try VCCSA up to 1.15 or 1.2, then next would prob be (if needed) to take VCCIO to 1.2

Tman

Comment

Is there some way to change the frequency of the memory manually in the Bios? I seem to have only the choices of 1333, 1600, 1867 and 2133. Like something between 1867 and 2133.

Comment

Should be I think, will try and pull down a manual later today and look, maybe disable XMP and set to manual or Auto?

Tman

Comment

I do not see any other settings then what I mentioned.

Comment

Working...
                                X