F3-17000CL11D-8GBSR Timings & Voltages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000CL11D-8GBSR Timings & Voltages

I'm looking for the fastest complete settings to manually input into my bios. My MB is a Biostar TZ68A+ with an i5 2500k. I have no experience overclocking Intel and would like any information you can help me with. I have done a lot of overclocking in the past on AMD systems. I would like the fastest complete memory timings and voltages to get the best performance out of this ram. From what little I have read about overclocking Intel the memory controller is on the CPU and voltages need to be kept within tolerances. Not sure what this is referring to, could someone explain that to me also?

First thing will be to ensure you have the latest BIOS, which can be found here:

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/...S_ID=546&tab=2

Next would be to install the sticks, go into the BIOS, enable XMP, select profile 1 for 2133 and you should be ready to go

XMP (eXtreme Memory Profile) should set the base timings to 11-11-11-30, CR to 2T, DRAM voltage to 1.6 and may make a slight adjustment to the CPU multiplier if needed to run 2133. It will also adjust the VCCIO voltage if needed.

A sort of rule of thumb is for the VCCIO (MC - Memory Controller Voltage) to be within .3 to .5 of DRAM voltage, so with your sticks ideally at stock the VCCIO would be around 1.1 or higher, I generally try and get things stable then drop voltages .01 at a time while maintaining stability till I sort of hit the low point, then add another + .01 or .02 for a safety net (i.e. minor fluctuations of voltage in mobo or PSU)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Undated the bios first thing the other day. XMP1 is as follows: Speed = 2000, v = 1.6, Cl = 10, rcd = 10, rp = 10, ras = 28, rfc = 160, wr = 15, wtr = 8, rrd = 6, rtp = 8, faw = 25. There are no other XMP profiles available. Can I not just set them up manually? If so what are the settings...like I listed them. I am not used to so many settings and I guess I need them all to do it right.

My Vcc IO is on Auto, default says it is 1.05v. If the memory is at 1.6v then they differ by .55v assuming it is using the default voltage and this is too far apart. Guess XMP adjusts this?

Comment

If that's what XMP is coming up with, then they need to update their BIOS again. Will want to do manually, so disable XMP, set Cl = 11, rcd = 11, rp = 11, ras = 30, CR to 2T, DRAM Voltage 1.6, VCCIO to 1.15 to start and see how that does

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

What about the other settings?

Comment

With the exception of possibly having to play with the VCCIO a smidge, that should get you running, if not may want to run Memtest on each stick to make sure none are damaged/bad

Tman

Comment

What I was asking about is rfc, wr, wtr, rrd, rtp and faw. What should those be on? Thanks for the help, I feel like I'm getting a handle on this now.

Comment

The motherboard should set those up for you based on the base timings you input, if any problems with them we can prob get GSkill to jump in with more precise values, since I don't work for GSkill I don't have access to their testing databases

Tman

Comment

I'm having to set these up in manual, so I have to put in all the settings manually. Yes, if you can get GSkill to give me the settings that would be great. Thanks

Comment

Will ask them to take a look, prob be Thur at earliest, haven't seen them out here this week

Tman

Comment

Cool, Thanks! You are the best man!

Comment

No problem, hope they are in Thur

Tman

Comment

Have you heard from GSkill?

Comment

Haven't seen them on the boards all week, am wondering if he's on vacation or ill.

Tman

Comment

Do you PM him when you need to get a hold of him?

Comment

Working...
                              X