Memory Issues, Win 7 64 bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Issues, Win 7 64 bit

Im currently running windows 7 64 bit with an ASUS M4A89GTD PRO and the sniper 8 gig (2x4) RAM Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR. I followed the guidelines in your RAM setup but whenever I use both sticks of ram in dual channel I get system instability. Ive RMA'd this motherboard once already and that didnt solve the problem because I assumed a bad memory controller because it was stable with only 1 stick. I'm not quite sure how to troubleshoot higher end ram because this is my first build with more than 4 gigs of ram.
    I have the windows memory diagnostic logs just in case that would help, Im just not sure how you want me to post them here.

As to the mobo, do you have the latest BIOS? What CPU are you running since many can't run 1600 sticks? Have you checked the amd w/ 1600 guide? can be found here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

As I said I followed the guidelines in that thread and yes I am running the latest version of my bios, version 3027.
      Also Phenom II x4 965 black edition, its at ~4 ghz following method 1 which I am currently using.
      Gfx is XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) running the latest drivers
      Last edited by 0x48; 01-13-2012, 06:31 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Have you tried 9-9-9-24, 2T, 1.57 DRAM voltage and 1.22 CPU/NB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ill bump the voltage and I have 1T ill try 2T and the. 02 bump in voltage tomorrow, thanks for the help so far.

Comment

Let me know how it goes, should be in and out over the weekend

Tman

Comment

Well, things went from bad to worse, I cant boot into windows with 2 sticks now. I tried playing with NB and DRAM voltages. tried 11-27 timing and 8-24 timing. I even tried the other slots. Im back to using just a single 4 gig stick atm.

Comment

How about trying CPU at stock but slightly overclocked cpu-nb ? 2600 CPU-NB @ 1.25v for starting.

Get Memtest86 4.20 usb maker from http://www.memtest.org/#downiso and make a spare usb key a bootable memtest usb. Restart while usb key in and set usb as first boot device in bios.

After that it's so easy to try settings and test. 1 pass usually is less than 6 minutes.

BTW, memory controller is in your CPU not motherboard. RMA for motherboard can only fix DRAM slot problems.
                This cat scratches free.
                Intel i5 2500k @ 4ghz Offset - 0.015v | Asus P8P67 EVO | 12gb GSkill RipjawsX F3-14900CL8D-4GBXM 2x2gb & F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL 2x4gb 1866 9-10-9-28@1.6v | AMD HD6850 1GB | Enermax Infiniti 650w (28a,28a,30a) | 2xWD500 Caviar Black & Blue | CM Haf-912 Advanced | Noctua NH-U12P SE + Akasa 12cm Viper | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 | AMD Catalyst 13.10b

Comment

Originally posted by 0x48 View Post
                  Im currently running windows 7 64 bit with an ASUS M4A89GTD PRO and the sniper 8 gig (2x4) RAM Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR. I followed the guidelines in your RAM setup but whenever I use both sticks of ram in dual channel I get system instability. Ive RMA'd this motherboard once already and that didnt solve the problem because I assumed a bad memory controller because it was stable with only 1 stick. I'm not quite sure how to troubleshoot higher end ram because this is my first build with more than 4 gigs of ram.
                  I have the windows memory diagnostic logs just in case that would help, Im just not sure how you want me to post them here.
                  You had already sent the MB back once for RMA but did you check the CPU? AMD does not carry an onboard memory controller it is on the CPU with AMD. Do you or can you borrow a different CPU and see if it stable? this may not be your problem but its just a thought that the IMC may not be working currently or able to handle it for whatever reason. Good luck

Sorry Catscratch did read all the posts before posting but yes you made the point before I did sorry for double post.
                  Last edited by Tazzyez; 01-15-2012, 05:59 AM.
                  Asus M4A785T-M
                  AMD 955 BE @ 3.7ghz stock volts
                  Corsair H60 Watercooler
                  8GB 1600 G-skill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 1.55v
                  Pioneer 215 DVD DL Writer
                  2x 300GB Seagate Raid 0
                  500GB Seagate Storage
                  1.5TB Seagate Storage
                  2.0TB Seagate Storage
                  BFG GTX260 OC Maxcore 55 on a 42" HDTV HDMI <-Awaiting Retirement
                  PNY GTX550 TI XLR8 Enthusiast Edition on a 42" HDTV HDMI <-Testing-So far not impressed...
                  Corsair GS700 PSU

Comment

If nothing else check for bent/broken pins after pulling the CPU and/or anything in the socket like excess thermal compound

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X