No announcement yet.

For MSI P67 series motherboard owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am having that power loop issue as well with the P67a-c43. i tried the clear CMOS and Bios using the button and the jumpers. i can only run one chip of my g skill set. i RMA'd it once already with no luck (RAM). any other suggestions??

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS, 1.A, 3-31-11? Can be found here:

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/P67A-C43.html#?div=BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yes i tried it last night, V1.10 3/31/2011. then i left the JBAT 1 jumper on erase all night with all power removed from the board and power supply unplugged. it works fine with one stick in any DIMM. but i add another chip in any configuration it goes into power loop with no post....very aggravating. already went thru one RMA with G Skill, dont want to do another. i dont think its the DIMM slots bc i can move the chip to any one and it works, only one chip though....any other suggestions?
        Last edited by gregh; 04-21-2011, 09:12 AM.

Comment

i am waiting on a beta BIOS from an MSI tech that he is sending me. i'll update to see what happens

Comment

no go on the new BIOS. still get the reboots with more than one stick of RAM bios version 1.b1

Comment

Must be a bad motherboard if you already exchanged the memory, updated BIOS, and still have the same problem.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

yeah i am RMA ing it thru newegg

Comment

Let us know how it goes when you get the replacement

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

will do, should get it in Monday

Comment

Gotta love the Egg!

Tman

Comment

Hy,

I'm trying to build a MSI P67A-GD65 with an Core? i5-2500K with the F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH

Sadly the system is quite unstable with tending to hang without BSOD after 3-4h of watching streams.

I tried to limit C-states to 2 and so on with little success.
                        Trying to play with the timing of the Ram ended in a not booting OS (win7 64bit).

I'm just wondering what this quite mysterious " issues" mentioned in the first post are and if anyone has an idea of what I can try to get this system stable.

TNX
                        TWM

Comment

are you overclocking and changing voltages? i would put everything back to default if you are and start from there.

Comment

oh yeah, i had the power boot loop issue and it turned out to be the MSI motherboard. got the new one in and it worked first try with all RAM installed

Comment

Originally posted by gregh View Post
                              are you overclocking and changing voltages? i would put everything back to default if you are and start from there.
                              Nope, run stock.
                              When I set everything @ default System it is stable for about 2-3, the it freezes. It does not not matter if I stress it.

The thing that bugs me most is that my system freezes but I never ever get one BSOD...

Comment

might be the board

Comment

Working...
                                X