No announcement yet.

For MSI P67 series motherboard owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uscdan, those beeps are normal, the tone and length are determined by what usb items are registered
    msi p67a-gd65
    intel 2600k @42x103
    gskill f3-17000cl9d-8gbxld
    2x xfx 6950
    win7x64
    watercooled rasax360 and razor 6970 blocks

Comment

kourgath,

That is what the MSI tech finally told me, although in the same response he cited the AMI bios beep code document that makes no mention of USB devices and only indicates that beeps are serious faults or errors. This is likely due to the fact that the most current AMI pub on this is dated 2008.

I finally connected all my devices to the 8 USB ports on my case and I now have a beep symphony when I boot

Comment

To add to the confusion:

RAM: G.Skill DIMM 8 GB DDR3-1600
        Board: MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) with BIOS 1.9

Everything but graphic card (tested a GForce and a NVidia) and the boot-SSD was removed from the board.

A): Whenever there is one of those RAM in socket DIMM1 and/or DIMM2 the board will make the well known endless boot/reset loop. If DIMM1 and DIMM2 are not used everything is fine.

B): Working combinations: RAM in DIMM3, RAM in DIMM4, RAM in DIMM3+DIMM4. Everything else doesn't reach the BIOS display/post at all.

I have tested:

1): auto settings (which resulted in T2 9-10-10-27 at 1.488V[*] @800MHz)
        2): Link, T2 9-9-9-24 at 1.5V @800MHz
        3): Link, T2 9-9-9-29 at 1.5V @800MHz
        4): Link, T2 9-9-9-24 at 1.5V @666MHz
        5): Link, T2 9-9-9-29 at 1.5V @666MHz
        6): all of the above with AND without X.M.P.
        7): all of the above with one and both RAM modules

(YEP, that's one helluva number of permutations. And I have to remove my graphics card to swap RAM each time).

Notice that all permutations of (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) above ALWAYS worked when the combinations from B: (above) were used, and NEVER worked for the rest of possible RAM combinations.

And with "Worked" I mean a solid hour of Prime95.

What the hell is the difference between sockets DIMM1/ DIMM2 and the sockets DIMM3/DIMM4?

Cheers,
        Tom

[*]: when I adjust the DRAM voltage to the next higher value (1.507V) it still shows 1.488V, but I guess that should NOT be the reason for the problem.

Comment

So MSI still havent solved/found solution to problem with their B3 rev boards and ripjaws-X kits? I think i must be bit hardheaded to get this kit atm but just ordered F3-12800CL8D-4GBXM kit yesterday, was so good offer that couldnt pass it. If someone has that exact kit with P67A-GD65/55 i would appreciate if some would mind to post their settings which found to be stable, even if it means that i need to use higher CL etc.

My whole comp is:

i5 2500K
          MSI P67A-GD65 B3 ( bios v1.8 )
          G.Skill F3-12800CL8D-4GBXM
          MSI GTX 570 TFII
          Corsair F60 SSD + Seagate 1Tb HDD
          Corsair AX750
          Last edited by johnnyw; 04-12-2011, 04:50 AM.

Comment

johnnyw,

Post #15 already explains this...

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ye it sort of explains it, but how about if i dont want to update bios to 1.9 which is latest? It has created new problems example excessive overvolting under load for some users so i dont really want to take a risk with it if its not absolutely necessary. So does that kit still work with my current 1.8v bios, and if so do i need to enable xmp or just manually apply settings?

Comment

Either way, it should be capable.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

1.10 BIOS is now official out, but it's still the same as the 1.10b6 BIOS, meaning my RAM is still nonfunctional at CL7.

Still no High vdroop (re-added) or voffset.

Still no boot up num lock option.

Still no USB device fix.

/sick of waiting
                  Last edited by DAOWAce; 04-15-2011, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Ok now i have another question. Does anyone know if prolimatech super mega / megahalems cooler would fit with ripjaws X installed to P67A-GD65?
                    Last edited by johnnyw; 04-15-2011, 03:33 AM.

Comment

You're better off asking the manufacturer of the cooler to find out the clearance.

Might not help you, but there's enough clearance under my Noctua NH-D14 to fit these.

Comment

actually the official 1.10 bios is the same as the 1.10b6 bios definately not the same as 1.9b6
                        msi p67a-gd65
                        intel 2600k @42x103
                        gskill f3-17000cl9d-8gbxld
                        2x xfx 6950
                        win7x64
                        watercooled rasax360 and razor 6970 blocks

Comment

My mistake. I got confused between beta releases and was thinking about 1.9 betas leading into a 1.10 release when it was finalized. Will edit post, but that is what I meant; The 1.10b6 is the same as the final 1.10.

Comment

?Here is what we discovered:

For B3 revisions, nothing worked.

We attempted DDR3-1333 CL7 - DDR3-1600 CL6, CL7, CL8 - DDR3-1866 CL8, CL9 - and all DDR3-2133+ products. None were able to work with stability. Lower performance products such as CL9, should work fine. We are doing our best to assist MSI in any way to quickly resolve this issue. Watch out for BIOS updates on manufacturer website, and check back here as we will provide a follow up.

So Lower performance products such as CL9, should work fine. ?

Are you saying ddr3 1333 and 1600 CL9 will work like ? G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL and
                            G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL
                            will work with (b3) bords like MSI P67A-C43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard and
                            MSI P67A-G43 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard ?

Comment

Heads up for CL7 owners.

http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?to...322#msg1100322

I can now enable XMP and not only be able to actually boot the system, but run fully stable! (through testing so far)

Update your BIOS (UEFI) ASAP and finally enjoy having your memory being fully utilized.

If you don't have the GD65, search through the other threads for your specific board and get the latest beta BIOS that has this fix, if it exists.

Comment

koss,

yes, but they have been working on BIOS revisions arduously for the past couple weeks, so check their website for the latest BIOS and you should have no issues after update.

Thank you
                                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                                X