• Show
Clear All

• trent
    replied
    Hi

my config:
    Gigabyte MA770 ud3p motherboard
    athlon II x4 620 cpu (original 2.6ghz )
    G.Skill RipJaws Series - 8Go (4x 2 Go) - PC12800 (1600 Mhz) - CL8 - F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM

It seems that the x4 620 cannot handle sticks @1600, all bios setup i've tried results in blue srceens.
    I've found a AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (2.7GHz) at a good price. If i buy it, I'd like to OC it to 3Ghz at least
    Then does it handle the sticks @1600 ?

Thanx !

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Glad it's stable, keep us updated!

Leave a comment:

• Alteris
    replied
    Well after roughly 2 weeks of testing at 1333MHz Cas 8 @ v1.5 and no BSODs I think its safe to assume it was an issue with the IMC on the 955BE, with that said I think I'm ganna buy another set of this ram for 16GB total an later pair it with a FX-8350 AN then bump it to 1600MHz lolz.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Can try, I'd go up in small increments, I wouldn't think it would take over say 1.35 at most.....

Leave a comment:

• slbadguy
    replied
    I already raised cpu/nb voltage from 1.2 to 1.3
    But it's still unstable
    Shall I raise it further?

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Might try raising the CPU/NB voltage, say about + 0.06

Leave a comment:

• slbadguy
    replied
    Hi
    Here my config:
    Asrock 970 pro3 (up to date bios: 1.6)
    Amd fx6300
    Gskill sniper f3 12800cl9d 8gbsr

I got randomly restart, freezing on default settings
    So i tried:
    - manually set to 1600, stock timings (9-9-9-24)
    - set to 1333
    - raise the cpu nb bus/voltage and ht bus like the OP said
    - raise the ram voltage
    - try several hours by memtest86 with no error
    Everything can't fix the freezing and restarting.
    My old corsair sticks 1600 c9 work fine on this Amd computer.
    I plug the sniper rams to another asrock mainboard (core i3 chip) and they work fine too.
    that's confusing @_@
    Please help.
    Sorry for my bad english

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    We'll be around

Leave a comment:

• danny275
    replied
    Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
    Could go about 1.375 and maybe take the DRAM to 1.62
    Will give it a try. I'll report back if there's any problems.

Thanks, yet again

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Could go about 1.375 and maybe take the DRAM to 1.62

Leave a comment:

• danny275
    replied
    Hi

Have had 2 or 3 BSOD's in the past 2 days, both while playing games.

I didn't follow one of the steps in the first post, the CPU NB voltage one. I just left it on "Auto". I've just checked it and it's seems to be set to 1.35v which is higher than the stock, or so I believe.

Not sure what's happening with it

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Yes, those are rated at up to 1333, 1 stick per channel with 4GB sticks so hitting 1600 is extremely hard - ven when it can be done

Leave a comment:

• Alteris
    replied
    Well after 1 week of doing daily tasks etc I figured I was stable with my Ares set, but while in the middle of playing a game I had an *IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL* BSOD, so now I've set to the ram completely to default settings to see what that does, but I'm also thinking that running at 1600MHz might be a bit too much for my 955BE to handle ? So I may end up down clocking them to 1333MHz :/.

*update*
    Just had Another BSOD *BAD_POOL_CALLER* , this time while browsing the internet. Since this happened and so quickly I decided to down clock to 1333MHz, kind of annoying considering my previous set of ram ran fine at 1600MHz, none of these BSODs occurred till I put this Ares set in, but you may be right in that since its a 8GB kit that the 955BE may not be able to handle it at 1600Mhz .
    Last edited by Alteris; 03-08-2013, 01:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    To be honest, doubt the 620 can carry 1600 sticks, but to try will prob need CPU/NB up there about 0.2 over stock and DRAM voltage about 0.1 up from stock. Post up your BIOS settings and we'll take a look

Leave a comment:

• trent
    replied
    amd athlon II x4 620 + G.Skill RipJaws Series - (2x 2 Go) - PC12800 (1600 Mhz) - CL8

Hi

my config:
    Gigabyte MA770 ud3p motherboard
    athlon II x4 620 cpu (original 2.6ghz )
    G.Skill RipJaws Series - 4Go (2x 2 Go) - PC12800 (1600 Mhz) - CL8 - F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM

I'd like to run ram @1600 and cpu OC around 2.8/3ghz if possible
    All bios setup i've tried results in windows freezing or blue screens (default/auto bios configuartion is stable, but ram isn't running @1600)

can you tell me the ideal Bios configuration please ?
    i've already asked this question in the forum , but last configuration i've tried finally resulted in blue screen too. so i'm running at default settings since then. And maybe you have new informations since 2011

thx again!
    Last edited by trent; 03-07-2013, 05:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X