X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    chizel,

I would suggest the whole kit, but it surely seems like that is a bad module.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• chizel
    replied
    Yes, manually set each to 1333mhz, 8-8-8-24, tested each chip individually both boot fine and doesn't freeze, but one chip is much slower than the other. Takes a long time for apps to load/run on the slower chip.

If both chips are installed it freezes every 5-10mins. RMA the slower/bad chip?

Leave a comment:

• AramisCortess
    replied
    first kit arrived today, ill check the settings tomorrow.

it will be interresting how much i have to change when the other 2 sticks arrive

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    Tman,

Instructions are nice, but it's generally implied that when you use performance memory, manual settings are required. While it's odd the modules did not boot up for you without the memOK button, hard resetting the BIOS should have worked as well. All modules should boot at DDR3-1333 or DDR3-1600, then the settings can be input in BIOS. If the end user continues to have a problem, a quick email, call, or forum post can get them the information they need. Not to mention this information is plastered all over NewEgg Reviews as well. We are aware of the sector of people you speak of, that can't find the proper information, so we will find some way to reach those users.

AramisCortess,

Both kits will work just fine. There is no problem with AMD x6, you just need to make sure to manually input settings correctly in BIOS. AUTO or improper settings can cause instability. So it is very important.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• AramisCortess
    replied
    System:
    X6 1055T @ 3.6ghz - 1.4V
    GA-890GPA-UD3H rev.2.1 BIOS [FF]

due to a RMA (other manufacturer's ram kit) i have choosen:

2x
    G.Skill RipJaws-X DIMM Kit 4GB PC3-12800U CL8-8-8-24 (DDR3-1600) (F3-12800CL8D-4GBXM)
    - i had not the chance to get a 2x4 kit, so i had to take one 2x2 and bought another 2x2 from the same delivery.

i plan to run the ram on 1376mhz @ 1.35-1.5V @ cl7 4x2 sticks.
    [maybe 1700mhz @ cl8 @1.5v if the ram will be stable]
    --> i hope that i can run the ram at 1T

i read all your sticky's, but my english is not the best. I read the AMD CPU's IMC, can have problems to run the ram. Does this Problem is interessting with a x6 1055T?

*edit*
    would that be a better choise for me?
    G.Skill RipJaws-X DIMM Kit 4GB PC3-12800U CL6-8-6-24 (DDR3-1600) (F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH)

i think they have the same chips but maybe a better selection?
    Last edited by AramisCortess; 08-24-2011, 05:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X