X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tradesman
    replied
    Screenshots might help so we can see if anything is out of whack, as far as 1 or 2 (or more) sticks, the more sticks the more stress on the MC (Memory Controller) which is often why the CPU/NB voltage needs to be raised (to feed the MC), and the MCs in AMD CPUs just aren't as strong as Intel's are. I'll be in and out most of the day, and GSkill should be in later today, so someone should get back in a reasonable time

Leave a comment:

• christiney
    replied
    I have the latest bios and the 960T black should be fully compatible with the ram. I mean if its compatible with one stick, it should be compatible with both. Would print screens of my bios help at all? perhaps there are some rogue settings defaulting incorrectly, OR some AUTO settings that I can set manually to rule out some more problems.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    christiney,

The 960 just may not be able to carry 1600 sticks, normally suggest at least a 965 C3 and even then some have problems w/ 2 sticks, and more have problems w/ 4....do you have the latest BIOS?

Leave a comment:

• christiney
    replied
    both sticks work fine individually, 1.5 volts and I have tried 1T and 2T with many of the setups I have tested. Seems something elsewhere is incorrect, or I have somehow missed the money settings that will get everything working - but I have probably tweaked things in the bios that has worked for other users over 100 times by now. Is depressing since no one seems to know exactly what the hell is going on lol

Leave a comment:

• Catscratch
    replied
    Originally posted by christiney View Post
    beginning to use memtest but may need some help interpreting. should i always have ecc enabled/disabled? memtest was fine until about 20% where i started to gain lots of errors. any suggestions? also still cannot get pc to recognise 8gb on 1600. tests are done at 1333 with 8-8-8-24 timings as that is what as 'worked' best so far. any pointers would be great

edit: some stuff that might prove useful:

I cannot get my pc boot with 1 or 2 sticks on 1600 and 9-9-9-24 timings set.

The system defaults to 1600 11-11-11-28 and once booted is stable with 1 stick, 2 sticks wont boot.

I frequently get the boot issue where my pc does not send power to my monitor on 1600, but seemingly not when setting timings to 1333 8-8-8-24 with one or 2 sticks.

My pc has thus far ONLY recognised all 8gb of ram when set to 1333 8-8-8-24 timings, but I get some blue screen issues.

It also defaults the Cpu/NB to 2000mhz which is possibly why it works on 1333 but not 1600? setting it to 2400 and timings up to 1600 9-9-etc causes a no boot.

1333 8-8-8-24 runs smoothly on memtest86+ until test 5, where I receive a LOT of errors very quickly afterwards happened from 1-2gb and from 6-8gb so the errors don't seem to point to a specific stick of ram.

The "working" settings of 1333 8-8-8-24 don't improve and have similar memtest results with a variety of combinations of cpu/nb and memory voltages within the recommended boundaries (1.150-1.3v and 1.5-1.65v)

If anyone can interpret some of this into additional steps I have not tried yet I would be very grateful, running out of ideas and seem to have exhausted most of the other steps offered by people with similar issues. Beginning to look like possibly a rogue settings on something other than the memory, like CPU or another catagory I have called "DIGI+ VRM."
    The system defaults to 1600 11-11-11-28 and once booted is stable with 1 stick, 2 sticks wont boot.

Can both sticks run "single" this way and no BSOD ? How much volt ? What Command Rate did you try in all attemps you made ? You should never leave Command Rate at AUTO. It should be set as how memory rated on its web page. e.g. 9-9-9-28-2t (2t is command rate, it can also be 2n)
    Last edited by Catscratch; 01-20-2012, 06:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• camocavz
    replied
    Hey GSkill Tech,
    Those settings worked and I even tested them in gaming. No issues. So, how can you tell me to push them even more?

Below are the new pics.

Thanks for the help!

Leave a comment:

• christiney
    replied
    beginning to use memtest but may need some help interpreting. should i always have ecc enabled/disabled? memtest was fine until about 20% where i started to gain lots of errors. any suggestions? also still cannot get pc to recognise 8gb on 1600. tests are done at 1333 with 8-8-8-24 timings as that is what as 'worked' best so far. any pointers would be great

edit: some stuff that might prove useful:

I cannot get my pc boot with 1 or 2 sticks on 1600 and 9-9-9-24 timings set.

I frequently get the boot issue where my pc does not send power to my monitor on 1600, but seemingly not when setting timings to 1333 8-8-8-24 with one or 2 sticks.

My pc has thus far ONLY recognised all 8gb of ram when set to 1333 8-8-8-24 timings, but I get some blue screen issues.

It also defaults the Cpu/NB to 2000mhz which is possibly why it works on 1333 but not 1600? setting it to 2400 and timings up to 1600 9-9-etc causes a no boot.

1333 8-8-8-24 runs smoothly on memtest86+ until test 5, where I receive a LOT of errors very quickly afterwards happened from 1-2gb and from 6-8gb so the errors don't seem to point to a specific stick of ram.

The "working" settings of 1333 8-8-8-24 don't improve and have similar memtest results with a variety of combinations of cpu/nb and memory voltages within the recommended boundaries (1.150-1.3v and 1.5-1.65v)

If anyone can interpret some of this into additional steps I have not tried yet I would be very grateful, running out of ideas and seem to have exhausted most of the other steps offered by people with similar issues. Beginning to look like possibly a rogue settings on something other than the memory, like CPU or another catagory I have called "DIGI+ VRM."
    Last edited by christiney; 01-19-2012, 06:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    It should be second option in voltage section, right under CPU Voltage.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• camocavz
    replied
    Thanks for the reply!

Where can I find the CPU-NB voltage?

Core volatage is 1.425.

I looked in the manual and 1.7 is max on 1 setting and 1.90 is on the 2nd setting.

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    camocavs,

Did you see the first page of this thread? Those are the full instructions, you just need to make those changes. Use Method #2.

From there, I can help push memory even more, but first you have to learn how to input the basic settings.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• camocavz
    replied

How's this?
    Last edited by camocavz; 01-17-2012, 11:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Catscratch
    replied
    Those pictures are too small to read. Uncheck any resizing setting on Photobucket while uploading and try again.

Leave a comment:

• camocavz
    replied
    How to configure 1600 G-Skill ram in M4a79t Deluxe

Below are my current settings for my DDR3-1600/ F3-12800CL9D Total 16GB's. I'm not good with settings, but obtained these basic settings.

Would configuring MOBO to see 1600 be any better (performance wise) than what I have already?

If so, could you possibly e-mail me setting that I could try?

I greatly appreciate your assistance!

System details:

Phenom 4 965 - 125volt
    BIOS 3303
    16GB's G Skill ram
    Samsung 256 and OCZ 120 SSD's
    Unganged
    NB Freq: 2006.9
    SPD Ext: XMP
    Last edited by camocavz; 01-17-2012, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    Not heat, but the stress on the memory controller is the least, so it is best for overclocking and such scenarios. When using performance memory, the outer slots should be filled first.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Originally posted by JBG84 View Post
    BIOS: (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...?pid=3789#bios)
    I'm using BIOS version FE (dated 7/3/2011 on their website). There are more current versions available however the PC hardware I'm using (notably my Phenom II X4 C3) are older than the BIOS and compatiable thus I didn't think it relevant to update the BIOS further?

Memory Slots:
    Great question ! I'm using a dual-channel configuration and Yes, the slots furthest away from the CPU (as I have a big-*** Scythe Ninja 3 CPU cooler that wipes out slot #1). The configurations are 1 & 3 or 2 & 4 for dual channel setup. I use 2 & 4.

Why do you ask? Is it generally accepted the optimal choice to be futher away from the CPU because of heat?

***UPDATE***
    For testings sake I updated to the latest applicable motherboard BIOS (FF). Upon doing so my settings all reset to Default. Used it as a good chance to thoroughly test out the problem.

Result: Having the NB @ 2400MHz still fails the test within a few minutes. This is true for both Unganged/Ganged RAM modes.

Leave a comment:

• christiney
    replied
    For the next day or two I wont change anything as I have an essay due, but I will try to get both sticks recognised at 1600 - though I've tried several configurations already and only managed to get both sticks working at 1333.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X