X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• christiney
    replied
    an interesting breakthrough possibly:

When I used my working 1 stick 1600 timings with 2 sticks, the PC boots"normally" but the bios overview and windows refuse to acknowledge the second stick, yet the north bridge section of the bios shows both sticks correctly labelled.

i wrote down the auto settings with 2 sticks in before returning my pc to 1 stick and without any adjustments the following settings changes occurred WHEN GOING BACK TO 1 STICK: write to read delay increased from 4 to 6. dct1 cke drive strength, cs/odt drive strength and addr/cmd drive strength reduced from 1.5 to 1. memclk drive strength reduced from 1.5 to 0.75, data drive str and dqs drive str reduced from 1 to 0.75. the processor odt increased from 60 +/-20% to 240 +/-20%. pretty significant differences. if t helps, these auto settings for 1 stick run smoothly with only cold boot failures which seem to happen no matter what my memory config is. any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Might try going 8-8-8-24 and start with 2T, if it stays stable then try 1T for a boost

Leave a comment:

• smrdelj
    replied
    Thank you very much Tradesman for answering. I followed your tip and even so i got a BSOD after less than 5 minutes of prime95. Then, I tried downgrading CPU-NB Volt to 1.25, and after 30 minutes, another BSOD. Finally, i went back to my old settings (which were at the proper time very well tested, responding stably as i said in my previous post) and ALSO got an spontaneous reboot..

So, i'm starting to think that perhaps i'm having another kind of problem, like CPU temperature (during stress tests, i reach 59?C..)

What do you think? Thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Try changing the CR (Command Rate, may be Command Timing to 2T, it currently shows as 1T in your CPU-Z screenshot

Leave a comment:

• smrdelj
    replied
    Hi! Please, I need some help with RAM settings in order to get them run stably and properly!

First of all, here are my relevant cpu details:

-AMD Phenom II x4 965
    -ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (NB: AMD 890GX / SB: AMD SB850)
    -Ripjaws 4GB (2x2) 1600Mhz CL7 (model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM)

Besides, my OC settings are:

-Phenom running at 3.9Ghz
    -NB at 2400Mhz
    -DRAM at 1600Mhz, timings at 7-8-7-24

Specifically, my BIOS settings are these:

So, the CPU is running thisway:

CPU Temp Idle: 43?C
    CPU Temp Stress: 59?C

(temps are high because i'm from Buenos Aires and here is summer)

This config in daily use seems quite good (i mean: stable, without failures nor errors in movie playback, web surfing, multimedia tasking, etc). The problem is that absolutely ALL stress tests I've run (using prime95 v26.6 x64) gone wrong and prompted crashes after 15-45 minutes (BSOD or spontaneous rebootings).

Last week, my dram timming settings were by default (9-9-9-24), dram freq also overclocked to 1600Mhz, and prime95 could run for hours and hours without any errors or warnings. What I've only recently changed is latency settings to 7-8-7-24 (because i realized that my sticks are supposed to work fine in that values).

I guess i'm not missing any tip of those which are explained in first page ("method 2"); and also i'm worried because my NB-CPU Voltage is alredey set quite high (1.30), and i don't know if it could/should be setted even more high (considering also temperature rises).

Any recommendation?? What should i do?

Thanks!! Please Excuse my english
    Last edited by smrdelj; 01-22-2012, 12:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Catscratch,
    the 960T is available at NewEgg $125

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...03995&Tpk=960T

Vam414

Not sure if the 960T can handle 1866 or not, would prob take a healthy OC, believe it will run a pair of 1600 sticks with OC

christiney

Yes, may well have to raise voltage

Leave a comment:

• Catscratch
    replied
    NB(not CPU-nb) voltage is usually not needed but 1 or 2 notch up won't hurt, it may stabilize baseclock(240 in yourcase) if that's the problem.

Leave a comment:

• christiney
    replied
    Good suggestions thankyou, I heard that my "NB voltage" may be too low on auto, is this a possibility?

Leave a comment:

• Catscratch
    replied
    Ok for a quick review, disable C1E and Cool'n'Quiet when you have Turbo Core enabled (select enable instead of auto). Cool'n'Quiet makes OS use a driver, even it doesn't do anything because turbo core is enabled. That's 1 less driver. Disable extra sata controller if you dont use it.

Now for rams. When you change rams, do you only shutdown computer or do you cut power to computer via unplugging the power cord ? You should do both, wait 10 sec then make the changes. All I can point right now, try 1 ram, set it to advertised speed/timing/voltage then restart computer and go into bios, write the other timings(AUTO ones) down. Now do this for all ram sticks, see if there are any significant discrepancies. Then try all rams in, don't touch the settings, if you can boot into bios, take note of the AUTO timings again, compare to single ram notes. Don't forget the "shutdown computer then unplugging power cord and then removing/putting ram sticks in" routine each time.

Leave a comment:

• christiney
    replied
    Right, while attempting to find working settings (again ) I made some print screens of basically every setting my Bios has which seemed like they may be relevant. Some of the options SOUND like they could be causing the problem and if anyone would like me to check the tooltip for some of them I can do that no problem.

The settings I changed before taking the screens were essentially just "method 1" on the homepage of this thread, with the cpu multiplier reduced to keep it at 3 ghz.

Weirdly enough, I can't seem to manage the settings (1333 8-8-8-24) I used to get all 8 gig recognised and working (with occasional blue screens) anymore.

If anyone can spot ANY settings that MAY contribute to the problem or possibly resolve this feel free to suggest changes.

Also worth mentioning is that the CPU/NB freq and HTT freq default to 2000.

A link to the screens: http://www.mediafire.com/?aau652ulaf2ciyy
    Last edited by christiney; 01-22-2012, 08:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• vam414
    replied
    Hey Guys,

Just wondering my current CPU is a Phenom II B50 X4 (unlocked 550BE X2) and I have a pair of Ripjaws-X 1866cl9 4x2 GB. As of now it is limited by the IMC of my current processor. Would switching to a 960T get me up to the rated speed of the RAM. Or would it be just the same, cause they are both Phenoms.

Thank you for any input regarding this.

Leave a comment:

• Catscratch
    replied
    Yeah my bad, same IMC from thuban but it's called Zosma. Lol, if it stayed longer in the market, It could rival the new FX 6100

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Actually it's a Zosma CPU, based on the Thuban 6 Core Die, and has two cores locked (which like some others, can be unlocked with ACC. It did hit the market for awhile, i.e. NewEgg carried them for a few months, but was intended as a CPU for OEMs like HP or Gateway etc. It's another one with a semi limited MC

Leave a comment:

• Catscratch
    replied
    Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
    christiney,

The 960 just may not be able to carry 1600 sticks, normally suggest at least a 965 C3 and even then some have problems w/ 2 sticks, and more have problems w/ 4....do you have the latest BIOS?
    960t is a thuban processor thus it has better IMC than Denebs (any revision) I wonder why 960t was never intented to be sold widely. That's why you can't find it on most popular online stores.

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    camocavs,

With your current settings, you can try 8-8-8-24 1.65V.

If you want higher frequency, you can try DDR3-1866 9-10-9-28 1.65V

CPU Host Frequency 233

CPU-NB Frequency ~2800MHz

Let me know how that works.

christiney,

It may be a bad motherboard, do you have any other memory you can test with?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X