X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    Did you change CPU-NB Frequency to 2400MHz?
    Did you change CPU-NB Voltage to 1.20V?
    Did you change DRAM Voltage 1.60V?

DRAM Timing Mode should be BOTH

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• cnwr
    replied
    hi i have asus m4a78lt-m le motherboard and i bought gskill sniper 12800cl7d 2*4gb kit
    i have athlon *4 640 3.0 overclock 3.6 240*15 and 1.280voltage

After installation of the ram their frequency was 1066mhz than i change voltage to 1.6 and memclock value to 800mhz. And now it works @1600mhz.

But now cpu-z shows this values

cl 9
    trcd 9
    trp 9
    tras 28
    trc 37

cr 1t

When i try to change this values from bios i changed dram timing mode to DCT0

then changed tcl 7 trcd 8 trp 7 TRAS 24. But when i try to save and exit from bios computers fans began to work faster but computer was not starting. Then i turned off its power and turned on again it error over voltage overclocking press f1 to setup
    I changed DRam Timing Mode Auto and it works again but cl values not set 7-8-7-24 like i wrote up.

Sorry for my bad english what should i do?

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    I'd try the 1600, AMD CPU's have a weak MC compared to Intel, which is why they have problems w/ 1600 and up (though if you review AMD's various CPUs you also can find where many couldn't run 1066 or 1333 or were limited to 1 stick per channel at those speeds).....If it doesn't appear stable initially can add a bit of voltage to the CPU/NB, think you should be able to hit the 1600, it may just take some experimentation....another idea would be to go 1333 and ensure you are stable, then jot down all BIOS settings for fallback, and work with the 1600 setup as free time allows...you can check for stability using the Windows memory Diagnostics in WIN, or try SiSandra or Prime

Leave a comment:

• 14JG5Buzzi
    replied
    Thanks for the quick reply, Tradesman.

I have updated to BIOS 0705. Do you recommend trying option 2 again, or using the failsafe 1333 CL8 settings first? (and if I should go with 1333 CL8, what other adjustments need be made, if any?)

Also... what other ways can I test stability in regard to memory? I thought I was golden after 19 error-free passes through Memtest86+ but random crashes kept occuring. Besides encountering the random BSOD, how else can I find out if my system is set up optimally?

Buzzi

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    First I'd try BIOS ver 0705, you can find it here:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD...5A97/#download

It's suppose to have a number of DRAM updates along with CPU and other updates.

Leave a comment:

• 14JG5Buzzi
    replied
    Hello,

Been having problems with my kit of Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL. I tried solution 2 from the beginning of the thread. Timings are 9-9-9-24, CPU-NB Frequency is 2400mHz, DRAM Voltage 1.50V, and CPU-NB Voltage at 1.20V. Still get random blue screens and "Overclock Failed" messages despite running 19 passes of Memtest86+ with zero errors. Hardware as follows:

CPU: AMD 965 BE C3
    MB: ASUS M5A97, Bios 503
    RAM: Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

I am going to try 1333 with CL8 timings. Do I need to do any other adjustments to NB frequency/voltage or DRAM voltage when I do this?

Thanks,
    Buzzi

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    You should only need DRAM Voltage 1.50V, CPU-NB Voltage 1.20V.

For BIOS, you can check System Information in BIOS to see which you currently have; then go on to motherboard manufacturer website to search your model, then BIOS section to see what versions are available and whether you have the latest one.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• acgorospe17
    replied
    Thank you for the clarification on how much to change the voltage. I wasn't sure about that. What's the highest I should go thats considered "safe?" Also, do you know how I can check to see if I have the latest BIOS and where/how to get it if I don't have it? Sorry for the dumb questions--my first time building. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Check the instructions at the beginning of this thread, then make sure you have the latest BIOS....then manually load the base timings 9-9-9-24, CR (command rate or command timing0 to 2N and DRAM voltage to 1.5....if problems persist, raise the DRAM voltage +.06 and/or the CPU/NB voltage starting about + .07

Leave a comment:

• acgorospe17
    replied
    I just recently built my computer and been having a lot of isses. I've gotten way too many bsods and random freezes for the hardware I'm using. Computer is brand new and shouldn't be having problems. I've followed the guide at the beginning of this thread but still no stability. Here's my setup:

ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
    GSKILL Ripjaws 4x4 GB (Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL)

Please help me with the BIOS setup if anyone has used this similar hardware. I want to maximize my performance on this computer because I will be using it for gaming and music production--BF3 and Pro Tools 9, etc.

PS. I know the nic port on my mobo was bad and ASUS is in the process of sending me a new one but I would still like to know how to set this thing up. It shouldn't be a stability problem now because I have a nic card installed.

Thanks for any help.

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Sounds like a winner!

Leave a comment:

• jeremiahrodriguez23
    replied
    Thanks Tradesman... decided to go with the 750 instead of the 650, had just as good reviews and I got it for $80 with a rebate.

Leave a comment:

• GSKILL TECH
    replied
    Lifeless,

try the same settings stated in post #208 and let me know how it goes.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    NewEgg has it $10 off right now for $90

Leave a comment:

• jeremiahrodriguez23
    replied
    Lifeless

I'm having a similar problem, only difference is I'm having temperature issues my Cooler Master gx 450w is designed to save power... Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on a gx650

Leave a comment:

Working...
X