Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help **

Mobo = ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 880G R

CPU = AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Thuban 3.0GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT75TFBGRBOX

Ram = 4Gx2|GSKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Running Win7 Home Prem 64bit

The build ran fine from Feb/2011 until Sept/2012 and had no problems until i was getting Microsoft updates that wouldn't install and Microsoft errors saying i was missing or had corrupted System files. So i decide to do a clean install and flash the bios to version 2301 that ASUS recommended for my CPU. After doing that i get 4-5 bsod a day saying "memory management" if i use the settings described in the thread about AMD users and 1600 ram will that solve this issue?

I ran mem test at least 6 times and ram came back good.

Did a 3D benchmark/stress test right after a BSOD and it passed with flying colors...

Dunno why i am getting this error.
    Last edited by devilzspawn; 11-20-2012, 11:31 AM. Reason: adding

Try the settings in the 1600 thread HERE:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

Let us know if that takes care of it

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

So i got home, opened the bios and it shows 1400,1600,1800,2000mhz and auto option only not the 2400 recommended to step too.

So i set my CPU-NB freq to 2000 and my HT link Freq to 2000 and manually put in the settings for the timings,voltage and CPU-NB voltage.

Going to see how it does.

Comment

according to cpu-z my ram is only reading as pc10700 with max bandwidth of 667 on both slots.
        suppose to be 12800 and 1600 O.o

Comment

Guessing you are looking at CPU-Z in the SPD tab, need to look at the memory tab to see what it's actually doing.....the SPD tab is just reading info from the SPD and what it shows as MAX-BANDWIDTH is deceptive - that is actually pulled from the SPD and is the 'default' boot speed/bandwidth. Explained a little better in my info thread on CPU-Z here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10565

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

so what do i do with my cpu-nb freq not going to 2400 to be able to achieve the 1600 dram freq?

Comment

Might check and ensure you have the latest BIOS....can also try setting the CPU host/bus to 240 if it allows for that

Tman

Comment

I have 2301 on the board now, the newest version released in Sept.2012
                I am at work now but im pretty sure it didnt have a setting to change that, just cpu-nb freq and ht freq. If changing the cpu host/bus to 240 or the cpu-nb freq to 2400 clocks your ram to 1600 what will mine be if my dram freq is manually set to 1600 my cpu-nb is at 2000 and my ht freq is 2000?

Looks like it was running pretty good while i was playing with it. Only had a short time to check it out. I wanted to do a fresh install of win7 while everything seemed to be doing ok. Now i am pretty sure a DVD burner and my hard drive took a crap on me. Cant get win7 to install correctly and without errors/corrupt files to save my life.

Going to put in my other hard drive that has a semi-working OS on it and do a mem test on each of the sticks to verify no bad ram again, run a chkdsk on that drive, defrag and see where i am at.

Comment

Sounds like good troubleshooting thus far, keep us updated

Tman

Comment

Well after some extreme testing I definitely have 1 bad ram stick. Do i RMA the bad one or the kit?

Also, after some other testing i have 1 bad hard drive that wont hold files.
                    1 bad dvd burner that wont read correctly
                    my other hard drive has a corrupted OS from installing it with the bad ram stick

I did order a ssd today tho, ordered another kit from newegg onsale for 24.99 today too.

Machine is a hot friggin mess
                    Last edited by devilzspawn; 11-21-2012, 09:12 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Accent sounds like IL, so prob in the states, believe GSkill will RMA either the whole set or a single stick, it's best to do the set, that way you get a set back that's tested to work together....and if this would leave you without DRAM, thisnk they will cross ship if you put up a credit card number as 'collateral', in other words they don't charge it if your sticks show up on time, but they will pre-ship a replacement set. Can contact them at rma@gskillusa.com.

As a side note/question - you mention bad hard drive, DVD burner and a second corrupt hard drive - are these older/used items? and have you tested them on another system? problems with 3 drives may be a corrupt SATA driver or controller chip on the mobo. If you haven't already, might try them in another system.....might also check the PSU cables, especially if all three are on the same power cable, if so try them on a different power cable if possible (just a couple of thoughts, I'd throw out, if there's a chip or PSU problem, might be bad PSU or mobo that's causing the DRAM problem also)

Tman

Comment

Ya they are older parts, the one hdd is 5 years old and has been in a few different systems and when i put a OS on it , it wont "hold" the files and came back with 1000's of errors. The dvd drive is 2 years old and i have burned prolly 200 dvd's on it..now it doesnt wanna read.(I always have back ups)

The HD that i have now is fine after i repaired the OS and the one ram i have left is running great atm, have the system running at 3.5ghz at 1600mhz on the ram and holding stable. The HD tested good also. The ram tested good.

Ya i checked my PSU with my PSU tester and all connections came back with green lights. As for my sata contoller, its running 2 dvd burners and my other HD with no problems so far, so i think i would be safe to think it is fine.

I been working 60 hours a week for a long time and have pretty much neglected maintenance on the computer so a couple of bad hardware pieces doesnt really surprise me.

I have 1 more kit on the way to use while I RMA the other kit. And a sdd coming too so i can use this old 7200 for storage.

Thanks for the help so far and Happy Thanksgiving!

And yes, lol i live in the South Chicago suburbs.
                        Last edited by devilzspawn; 11-22-2012, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Well you have a good T Day, I'll be in off and on all day as people come and go, don't really do a sit down dinner just have family and friends in at their leisure and to give time for their other commitments, i.e. my oldest son (25) has about 5-6 places he's suppose to drop by today

Tman

Comment

Got my new SSD in. Fresh install went great. Just waiting for the other set of ram sticks to make it here. They decided to take a trip from New Jersey to Illinois(where i live) down to Kentucky over to St. Louis and on its way back to the Chicago now....i dont understand, lol
                            The package was less than 30 minutes from my doorstep 4 days ago, now its in another state...lol
                            Either way, all updates went great, all drivers are up to date. Everything is running great.
                            Scored a 7.6 on the assesment ((2) 7.6)((2) 7.7) and a 7.9 for my ssd hehe.

Comment

Sounding good! We'll be waiting to hear on the DRAM

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X