No announcement yet.

Z68x-ud7-b3 upgraded 16GB Cant post 2133

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's mainly the mobo, I believe, the 68s didn't get a lot of attention, BIOS wise, they mainly played off the P67 BIOSs and when the Gen 3 CPUs came out and the Z77, the 68s were basically abandoned. So then the 8GB sticks came and they didn't work with it at all. Could try kicking the tRFC up to 265, with the rest as is and see what happens (have seen some mobos need up to 314 on tRFC to run 8GB sticks, but with only two stick shouldn't need that high

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I will try it tommorow, im to mentally beat down right now.. The thought of just swallowing these sticks, and or sending them back with $60 of restocking fee on 2 sets of ram, just has me beyond upset. I gues im gonna hold them, then if i honestly need them i can pop them in and drop to 1600 for whatever.. Hell i only bought them cuase i could, i dont need more then 8 gig of ram for gaming.. But you can understand why im pissed off. Not your or the companies fault, and i thank you VERY much for your help.. You kept me from just snapping this crap in 2 for spite.

Comment

I know how it goes, it's not a bad idea to have odds and ends around, like you, on occasion I order things to try just cause I can, and often keep the things if for no other reason upgrades on customers systems, I've got a varity of DRAM (DDR, DDR2 and DDR3) around, some optical drives, CPU coolers, case fans, PSUs, HD, SSDs, even cases. I've gone into the shop a few times and through together systems for people that needed one in a hurry or if I was out of loaners.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yea, i am not gonna send these back i dont think.. The tridents will go back, there basically the same thing.. Hopefully (supposedly) Gigabyte is putting out a UEFI bios for this board (its 1 of only 2 z68 boards that dont have it yet, and it was the highest rated board from them).. so maybe there is a show down the road. I am gonna contact them tommorow by phone if i can (brush up on my japanese.. uuuuuu grrroodzilla!) and see if i get anyplace with it.. They will probably tellm e to rma the board or some crap.

Comment

Btw here is the link on your site which shows these Sticks as Qualified.. My question is, Qualified for what exactly? Insanity? http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=502

Comment

I'll drop another note to GSkill Tech and see if he can take a look, not sure what BIOS they may have tested with or what CPU they used when testing (as you may have guessed, I'm not GSkill, just a member like you), in this case, like you, I'm baffled. Both sets should have worked fine, if not based on theXMP, I'm relatively certain the timings we used and the voltages adjustments should have let them work, unless there is a problem with the mobo or the CPU has maybe a weak MC, which is unlikely with Intel CPUs (though it can happen)

Tman

Comment

I really appreciate it man, it is baffling.. tho i did some more research and apparently there are NO 8GB Sticks that are on the certified list with Gigabyte (off their site) for this particular board.. they werent in the main stream when it came out as you said...

Gskill prob certified it at 1600 and thats it, wether that improves down the road who knows, doubtful.. i think GB has moved on as you said from the z68 series, tho the uefi bios may do something.

Comment

Wish I could do more, am hoping GSkill Tech has some time Wed to take a look, I know he's been extremely busy on the new look of the forum, expanding it, and working with their servers (in addition to their phone and email support).

If anything pops to mind I'll get back to you also, this forum has me a little tied up also, seems we are a main attraction to the Spammers of the world. I've been managing users for a couple years now, and we've always had Spammers try and get in, so I screen each new signup, but the last week or more we've been averaging around 125 new signups up day by known Spammers, so I've been leaving a system up and checking as often as possible so they don't build up a backlog...i.e. I sleep for 5-6 hours get up, get coffeee and find a list of 30-60 new signups to screen through....tons of fun!

Tman

Comment

I hear ya bro, i appreciate all you have done trust me. Im gonna sit on this 16GB kit with the hope that someone (i posted on tweak town which is supposedly the gigabyte official us forum) for someone to look into this also.

If the benchmarks were closer, i wouldn't give a crap and just use the 1600.. But as you can see in the benchies, the 2133 tore the 1600 a new ***.. Well maybe thats a bit strong but read and Copy performance were big, as well as < 6.0ns latency. I can tell on my machine when the 2133 is in vs the 1600. You know when u KNOW your machine.

Comment

Got that right, I normally use my P67 and my Z77 to test components, and can often tell a difference at boot, but once up and running can usually guesstimate the DRAM freq, can see a diff from a regular HD, an SSd or a RAID of HDs or SSD, when a different video card is in there.

Hope GSkill Tech can come up with a firm answer

Tman

Comment

No problem, we will get this combination tested to see what's going on. I will report back once we get some results.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Sweet, TYVM. I am very curious to find out your results.. If you need to know anything about my configuration just ask, i will help all i can.

Comment

GT will be off today, not sure about Fri, then off Sat/Sun (just for info)

Tman

Comment

Good news, XMP, tRFC 208, DRAM Voltage 1.60V, VTT 1.10V, and everything boot just fine.

I think it is just the tRFC that was causing a problem. Let me know how that works.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Wow i did not expect you to come up with something til Tuesday! I will try this now to see what happens!

Thank you so much (even if its the same, the level of service is really outstanding dude)

Comment

Working...
                                X