Z68x-ud7-b3 upgraded 16GB Cant post 2133

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68x-ud7-b3 upgraded 16GB Cant post 2133

Short and simple.. I just upgraded from my G-Skill Ripjaw-X F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD (8 Gig) to F3-2133C9D-16GTX Trident-X (16GB) and my overclock seems shot in the foot at Any ram speed over 1600..

I was at 2133 and humming along with XMP on at 4.8 GHZ on my 2600K.. Now If i go past 1600 it boot loops the bios til it comes back to 1333 speed and i have to reset it again.

Tried diferent slots, im on F9 bios, about to update to F10 to see if that fixes issue..

Ideas?

I also had QPI up to 1.22, Set D-Ram volt to 1.60 but i think its stuck on 1.5 (I saw someone else post something similar in a search)..

Please help!

Let us know how it goes with the BIOS update, hopefully that will also clear up the DRAM voltage problem, I was going to suggest 1.55 Dram voltage and 1.25 QPIVTT

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well it didnt do Jack.. Now on F10 and still boot looping on 2133.. Let me try your suggestion.

Comment

Just of note, its not running 2133 at STOCK CPU Speed.. No Overclock.. This is absolutley HORRIBLE.. At this pace i may junk the 16GB and stick with the 8 that was at 2133..

Comment

Tried changing the slots again, Nothing.. I set 2133 either manually or selecting Profile 2 in XMP (prifile 1 seems ot be or 2000, that dont work either), and Im getting No-where. This ram was Certified for this board and its being a certified pain in the A**.

Should i just leave the 8 in and forgo the 16 and return it? The 8 ran like a champ never had an issue.

Comment

What's the VCCSA at? try it at 1.2, then if that helps try dropping it in small increments while maintaining stability

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

What is a VCCSA?? I see nothing in the bios that says that.. I see QPI.VTT (which is at 1.100V) right now, i have a funny feeling that is what your talking about so im putting that at 1.2, i had it at 1.22 before and didnt do jack.

Comment

Is that the DRAM VREF. ???

Comment

Lemme guess, System Agent Voltage?? Its 0.925V right now.

Comment

Yes system Agent Voltage is VCCSA (1.2) and the QPIVTT at 1.25

Tman

Comment

Trying now, there is no 1.2 and 1.25.. So its going to 1.205 (VCCSA) and 1.260 QPI. Trying Profile 2 for 2133.

Comment

Nope.. It shuts down on bios save.. Turns back on (itself), turns back off after about 3 seconds, and tells me its Failed overclock because of voltages etc..

Comment

This is how frustrating this is... I'm out getting something to eat now cause I was gonna commit a violent act on that ram... call me the ram oj.

Comment

What OC do you have on the CPU?

Tman

Comment

None I went back to stock 3.4
                              No oc at all right now. Was at 4.8 stable as a rock.

Comment

Working...
                              X