No announcement yet.

Z68x-ud7-b3 upgraded 16GB Cant post 2133

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What i dont get is how is this board certified for 32 Gig, when 2 simple 8 Gig sticks wont work in it?? Its mind boggling .. (and i know, a question for gigabyte)..

But why did Gskill list this ram as Compatable with it (as it did with the Trident Ram too).. How the hell were they tested?!?

Comment

Try tRRD 7 tFAW 27 tRFC 171, DRAM voltage 1.65, QPI/VTT 1.23, System Agent Voltage 1.22

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Doing it now Sir.

Comment

The Dram voltage on this board only goes in .2's so its either 1.64, or 1.66..

Comment

Same with QPI/VTT, either 1.22, or the purple 1.24...

Comment

Same thing.. Tried it in both slots 2/4 and 1/3 just for giggles. Boots back up, knocks my CPU overclock from 4.8 or 4.2, back to 3.5 and gives me "System has experienced boot failures because of overlocking of voltages"..

Sigh....

Comment

I can tell it doesnt take it off the bat, because the Bios doesnt shut the system down after i change settings with the 4GB Sticks.. With the 8 after every F10 to save, i get a power off immideatley.. Like its throwing up on itself. From what i read this is normal, per se.. but its not normal to me.

Comment

I set the OC back to 4.8, set the ram to 1600. Bios doesn't shutdown, and system reboots as normal and 1600Mhz stays.

Comment

Why do i have a feeling im gonna be keeping these at 1600 until Gigabyte comes out with a bios that fixed this issue.. You know as well as i do, its not hardware.. 2 sets of sticks tried brand new.. This is a gifabyte bios issue, with their crappy award bios not accepting these sticks properly.. I feel a nice insaine call to gigabyte tommorow...

Comment

I put the 8gb back in, booted again 2133 no issue.. Ram a benchmark with eh 16gb on 1600, gonna run a comparison now.

Comment

Check it out, the benchmarks speak for themselves.. Granted yes, there static marks, but hey what else can you go by.. Faster is Faster.

Comment

Go with the higher of the two in each case

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Did.. results were the same.

Comment

Seems like this board will not accept 8gig Dimms properly.. tho i have seen many of others around forums who are runnning with 16 or even 32, but dont know their speeds. 1600 is unacceptable for a $300+ board, which was suppose to be a top line board.. I don't blame the memory, i blame the bios/board.

Comment

If i was running 4x4 i could understand, stress the controller too much yadda yadda.. but not 2x8.. That just makes no sense what so ever. This black eye to me is on Gigabyte, not G.Skill, tho you may want to remove the ram sticks from the qualified list.

Comment

Working...
                                X