Z68x-ud7-b3 upgraded 16GB Cant post 2133

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All right, keep us updated, we'll be around

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks man, i appreciate it.. I may be mental about the whole thing but i get real annoyed when my system is not operating at peak.. Drives me nutso...

Comment

Don't have to tell me about that, I try to keep three systems up tight, but also use these same ones to test components that I pick up to test with, or pull from other systems to troubleshoot individual components, etc...it can be a real pain and drive you crazy

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well i swapped out the Ram to the RipJaw-X series, and there doing the same exact thing.. Any time i select a Profile (there are 2 profiles it gives me, one looks like its 2000 mhz, the other 2133).. As soon as i save the bios, the system shuts down, goes to restart, goes off again, then turns on and resets my overclock back to 3.4 chz and says the system has experienced boot failures because of ocerclocking of changes of voltages..

I am really ticked now.. These are CERTIFIED peices of Ram, BOTH sets, and they arent able to hit 2133?!??

Comment

Sounds like the mobo or CPU one can't handle 16GB at that freq....might try dropping a notch

Tman

Comment

Addition, just as before.. If i set the ram to 1600Mhz, My usual OC of 4.8 on the 2600K, I am able to boot no issue, bios doesnt restart on saving, get into windows etc... Look totally stable. So wtf am i missing here that this board wont push these sticks to 2133??

The 4GB sticks (Part # F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD) work 100% fine.

Comment

Ok wow, i rebooted once, and it reset the over clock back to 3.4 again with a failure, and that was at 1600Mhz.. Something is really screwed up.. FYI i am water cooled, processor is fine, and again the other 8gb works flawlessly at 2133... This is really really disappointing.

Comment

Now im down to 1333, and i havent rebooted yet but im at 4.8Ghz on the chip.. If i have to stay at 1333 F this I'm sending this back with a gigantic **** in the box.. I'll stay at 8gb and 2133.. Just sucks i would have to pau $60 newegg restocking fee.

Comment

Trades don't leave me hangin.. Im suicidal here.. About to cut my juggular with a stick of GSKILL Ram.. LOL

Comment

Well testing and testing, this is exactly the same.. So question is.. Do i leave the 8gn at 2133 (9-11-9-28 xmp), or the 16Gig at 1600mhz 11-11-11-29..

This royally sucks the fatty dude. Qualified list my dimpled Azz.

Comment

Doesn't make sense to me, wish I could get my hands on it. Can you enable XMP and post your BIOS settings for CPU OC, system voltages and DRAM timings (both base and the advanced/secondary timings)?

Tman

Comment

Sure will do it now.

Comment

CPU Clock Ratio -[48x]
                            BCLK/DMI/PEG - [100.3]
                            EXTREME MEMORY PROFILE (X.M.P) -[PROFILE 2]
                            SYSTEM MEMORY MULTIPLIER - [21.33]

-ADVANCED MEMORY SETTINGS-

XMP [PROFILE 2]
                            SPD [21.22]
                            PERFORMANCE ENHANCE [STANDARD] (tried turbo and extreme)
                            DRAM TIMING SELECTABLE (SPD) [EXPERT]
                            Profile DDR Voltage - 1.6V (Non Changeable)
                            Profile VTT Voltage - 1.1V (Non Changeable)
                            Channel Interleaving [AUTO]
                            Rank Interleaving [AUTO]

Timings (both Channel A/B) 9-11-11-31-2T
                            (Other timings) 42-6-8-16-27-7-22-8-25, io latence 1, round trip 34

--VOLTAGES--

MULTI-STEPS LOAD-LINE [LEVEL 7]
                            CPU VCORE [1.440V]
                            QPI/VTT Voltage [1.200V] (have tried 1.10, and Auto
                            System Agent Voltage [AUTO] Have gone up to 1.205V]

PCH Core - Auto (1.050V)
                            CPU PLL - Auto (1.800V)

DRAM

DRAM Voltage - [1.600V] - shows 1.500V
                            DRAM VREF. -Auto (0.750V)
                            DRAM Termination, CH-A Data Vref, B Data Vref, Address V-REfs are all Auto (0.7500

Antying else you need?

Comment

The DRAM timings themselves - the base and advanced/secondary like base of say 9-11-11-31 and then the advanced like the tRFC, tWR etc

Tman

Comment

Those were listed above but ill breakdown what it puts in via the profile2.

CAS Latency 9
                                tRCD 11
                                tRP 11
                                tRAS 31
                                tRC 42
                                tRRD 6
                                tWTR 8
                                tWR 16
                                tWTP 27
                                tWL 7
                                tRFC 22
                                tRTP 8