Z68x-ud7-b3 upgraded 16GB Cant post 2133

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need at least 4-4.2 for the sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

OK will clock back up when I get back

Comment

Nope, No go.. Ramped back up to 4.8 same thing. Says Overclocking failed. These sticks are not posting at all.

Comment

I can run 4.8 when i clock the ram to 1600... But that is not what i bought them for..

Comment

Here is something interesting.. At 1600 when i set the bios clocks etc, the board does not shut down, then power back on, then shut down etc.. It just reboots and goes about its merry way..

Comment

That's generally a stick not fully inserted or one of the channels on the mobo is going or already is bad

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

If that was the case the 8GB of ram i had wouldnt work the same way no? It works perfectly fine... I can pop it back in and all is well.

Comment

Also wouldnt make sense if that was the case why it works at 4.8Ghz/1600 mhz

Comment

I'll see if I can find anything and check with some of the folks I network with to see if they have any ideas, will also drop GSkill Tech a note to take a look (he's off till Monday though)

Tman

Comment

That *******! How DARE he take time off when im in need LOL.. I will pop the 8gb back in for now and clock back up to 2133.. I just for the hell of it Updated to bios F11A which is Beta (FUn FUN!).. Who knows.. The Ram came from NewEgg, could it be defective? (Doubt it.)

Comment

It's possible, funny thing is, in my direct dealing with GSkill folks I've come to find that about 90% of the sets returned as having at least 1 'defective' stick, actually test out fine....I've run into this a number of times where a set won't run correctly on a mobo, yet runs perfectly fine on a number of other mobos, and at times another set of the same exact model of DRAM will run on the mobo the 'bad' set wouldn't run on....generally, I've always had good luck getting them to play by playing with the voltages or it might take tweaking the advanced timings (often a single one), but finding it is the pain. It's times like this, with your rig, that I would love to have it in front of me, actually seeing what it does, hesitations during the boot, the sound of the fans, etc can at times provide a bit of clue as to where the hiccup is.

Tman

Comment

Well the fans are humming, the CPU Water is a pumping, and im losing my hair slowly but surely.. It seems 1333/1600 working fine, tho the 1600 doesnt seem stable. Ran Prime got a 124 BSOD, so somewhere volts are prob a miss.. Im debating on going BACK fo F9 or F8 bios even..

That or pop a cyanide pill, i put a whole night of gaming off for this crap.

Comment

Just an update - I put my original gskill 8 GB ram back in, set XMP to 2133, and Boom back in windows no issues at full speed..

Of note also, the motherboard upon setting them did NOT power down and power cycle as it did with the Trident X Ram. Something with this board is NOT liking this ram, and again Gskill Certified it working with my board.

Go Figure.

Comment

After everything I have tested, (i even put in all 4 sticks for the hell of it LOL), I have come down to these sticks are just not compatable. Perhaps its the 2400 Mhz Chips these Trident X series is using, but the motherboard refuses to act right when even One is inserted. There not even 1 day old, so its either RMA them back to new egg, or perhaps swap them for the RipJaw series, or just live with the 8gb at 2133 and forget it.

Comment

Ok im sending these Trident-X suckers back.. I just ordered this to replace them ($50 Cheaper too, Tighter Timings.. only $89 on the Egg)..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231571

Hopefully that will do it.

I will have the trident until monday then they will go back via RMA.

Comment

Working...
                                X