No announcement yet.

Post Intel Maxxmem scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, give the thermal compound a few days to cure before OCing, but looking good so far, keep us updated, we'll be looking

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Jon666, if your i7 isn't the "K" sku you'd have to raise the bus speed and Intel CPUs don't take well to that.
      I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Britton30 View Post
        Jon666, if your i7 isn't the "K" sku you'd have to raise the bus speed and Intel CPUs don't take well to that.
        Yeah, I'm not sure if I have to down clock my memory before moving the bus speed up either. Does the new memory speed option in bios keep those speeds locked in? I played with bus speeds on my i3 530, to see what I could get at 1600 mhz. Northbridge or whatever its called heated up but as far as I could tell, everything was stable. Guess I'll do a little more research.

Just explored bios, I can bump the multiplier up to 43, bus speed is at 100 stock, but I can mess with those as well. Probably won't mess with that though. I think I would have to turn off hyper threading to overclock it a decent amount, but even at 3.5 on my cpu I am getting similar speeds to my last post. 4x4 @ 16 gigs of RAM is hard to play with to get higher speeds. My lack of knowledge probably doesn't help either.

Last edited by jon666; 01-04-2013, 04:40 PM.

Comment

I don't think changing the multiplier will "take" since the CPU is locked. Raising the bus will change what RAM frequencies are shown too. I would try backing the RAM down a bit to see if the CPU will "like" a higher bus speed.

Oh, yeah turn Hyper Thread off to help with any overclocking.

Comment

The overclock "took", not sure if this is dependant on the mobo, or if it has to be partually unlocked to allow the stepping feature, or boost feature (can't remember what they call it) to function. Either way I am happy. Doubt I'll be doing any extreme overclocking. I just want to improve everything I have and still be able to game for hours at a time. Do you guys think I would have better results raising the bus speed to overclock RAM, or should I just stick with the speed settings in bios? My knowledge is pretty basic so I don't know what the differences are between the two. I am assuming they have the same effect on the northbridge, but setting RAM speed in bios seems to allow me to keep the cpu at a seperate speed.

Comment

You can try straight OCing the DRAM, if you try 1866 might want to try timings of 10-10-10-32, 2T, raise DRAM voltage + 0.07 and raise the MC (memory Controller) voltage up to about 1.15, think it's prob referenced as the CPUVTT on your mobo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I will plug those numbers in, and see if the RAM will like it. Would not mind eeking out a little bit more out of this set, even if it has no real world practibility. Should I disable hypr threading when messing with RAM by itself? I don't see how any errors could pop up. Maybe I'll run maxxmem with and without hyper threading just to see if it has any effect. Time to do some more research on google.

Comment

We overclockers go for the benchmarks don't we? If you have Windows 7 you can open a command prompt, press windows logo+R and type cmd, enter. type in winsat mem it will give a RAM rating too.

Intel chips (CPUs) generally don't like more bus speed, you might be lucky and get it stable at 101 or 101.5 or so.

Comment

My bios might need an update (and they seemed to have changed a few things since myH-55 board) For voltage on RAM, I either get 1.5 or 1.6. So far it seems stable at these speeds, although it would be nice to fine tune the voltage.

Comment

• Looking pretty good!

Tman

Comment

• Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                        Looking pretty good!
                        Not sure how to drop the latency. Was pretty aggressive with the timings. Seems stable, ran it through prime, but not sure what else I can do with it.

Comment

• Crap. Decided to bump the FSB a little bit higher, and I have higher clocks but I think I hit a ceiling. Everything is about the same still.

Comment

• Strange timing, but stable...runs everything Memtest, Prime95, Lynx, games...

Comment

• Looks strong! Keep us updated!

Tman

Comment

• http://puu.sh/32xXa.jpg
                                The best I have gotten so far with a bios update, and messing arounnd with voltages and bus speeds.

This one got me excited for a bit.
                                http://puu.sh/32wXf.jpg
                                I wish that one was accurate lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X