No announcement yet.

Post Intel Maxxmem scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well you need to make more noise, so I know your around Got any particular H2O in mind? I gotten my 3570K pretty solid at 4.6 running .080 offset, and can run 4.7 @ .085, any higher I've had to go to a static vCore, am looking at the Zalman CNPS20LQ but hate to go to water, never really ever run it, am going to change the fan set up and get a PCI slot fan to see what it does there at 4.7, then move on to 4.8.........of course all this will be when I get some spare time

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well, I'll give you my opinion. These Ivy Bridge chips ar so hot when running Prime or IBT, you aren't going to keep them cool on air. I had no heat problems at all during normal usage, they ran about the same as a 2600K. But run Prime and you have problems. If a D14 won't keep them cool, forget air. That's what convinced me to go water. I'm looking at the XSPC Raystorm extreme. It's probably about as good as you are going to get unless you get real exotic and spend a bunch more. It runs around $300 but I've spent more than that on air coolers in the past few months. The guy from Gigabytes overclocking team says you need 1.3V to run 4.7. But, I'm sure that includes a whole bunch of other settings.
      i7-5930K - Asus X99 Deluxe- 16GB G Skill DDR4-2800 - EVGA GTX 980 Classified -Corsair AX 1200i -4 X Samsung 500GB SSD - XSPC RX360 - Alphacool UT60 360mm - D5 Pump - Phanteks Enthoo Primo Case

Comment

I'll have to check that out, I agree on things heating up big time under prime, IBT and some others, but once tested and stable, how often do you heat things up like that? I do some fairly heavy multi-tasking and seldom ever go much over 70-75, (I'm not a gamer though, which I know can drive things up, BMing when I test components will at times hit 80ish.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes, that's what I said. During normal stuff, temps are OK. But when you get to hitting 93 running prime, You know you can't go much higher. If you overclock, you have to run prime to make sure it's stable. I guess you could just overclock it and run it that way. I learned not to do it that way unless your favorite color is blue.
          i7-5930K - Asus X99 Deluxe- 16GB G Skill DDR4-2800 - EVGA GTX 980 Classified -Corsair AX 1200i -4 X Samsung 500GB SSD - XSPC RX360 - Alphacool UT60 360mm - D5 Pump - Phanteks Enthoo Primo Case

Comment

True, but also remeber, Intel is notorious for under-rating/stating things about their CPUs - if they say 103 I figure it's closer to 115, but that's just me. And if you set things up carefully to keep temps down, you're not likely to get peaks near that...As far as Prime, once your satisfied it's stable, and how long you run it is up to you, if running and it hits 100, shut it down, if there weren't any problems, it's unlikely you'll run into any during even heavy use.

Tman

Comment

That's pretty close to what I do. I'm not one of those "you have to run it for 24 hours" people. I do like to run it 4 or 5 hours. But after that, it's OK for me.

Comment

With me it varies, with most rigs for clients, I'll test at a minor OC which I deliver it with, and also try to run a few hours at a higher OC, then if they want to OC it higher I have a good idea how high they can safely take it. For the most part I let them OC and they can call me when needed. I don't normally sleep alot at a given time, so that's a good time to run Prime - havenb't been woken up by a fire yet

Tman

Comment

Operative word "yet".

I agree with essenbe about not running Prime for 24 hours and I let IBT only do 5 runs and call it good. I suspect if an OC will pass a very high run in IBT it will be more stress than a normal mortal would put on the CPU.

Ah crap, had to type "gskill".
                  I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Comment

I'll try them again, haven't gotten a reply yet and have been rather busy myself...but will try w/ GSkill Tech.
                    Question for you (and others), have you tried running MaxxMem, immediately after a boot when system is cool, been getting some unreal numbers 40+ thousand

Tman

Comment

I have Tman and my score are higher than after being on for hours. I don't get near 4K though.
                      I lied, after a reboot the scores were marginally lower. I'll give it a whirl with a cold system.
                      Last edited by Britton30; 08-07-2012, 01:22 AM.
                      I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.

Comment

Be interesting to see, I've got ver 1.99 and am wondering if it's a fluke or what, but when clean and basically cold, it really shoots up

Tman

Comment

Tman, I think you should try for an X79 board. You'll be shocked at the numbers you get. On the Forum Gary and I frequent they have a thread about memory scores. These guys with quad chanel memory will blow your socks off. It's to the point where there is no Z68 or Z77 that can match it. I'm talking winsat scores of 40,000+ with 1600 MHz ram, not overclocked.

Comment

The joys of Quad Channel!

Tman

Comment

I believe Gary will back me up on that. And BTW, can you get them to remove the requirement to type gskill? I forget every time.

Comment

Hope to hear today

Tman

Comment

Working...
                                X