Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte Z690 AORUS MASTER - F5-6000U3636E16GX2-TZ5RK - not stable with XMP - non OC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've tried each kit in A2/B2 and they run at xmp 5600mhz & both pass memtest. I haven't mixed them.

When I use all 4 sticks, at xmp 5600mhz, it doesn't even post, I get a black screen. The same goes for 5000mhz - 5600mhz. The only one that boots into windows is 4800mhz, but it gets errors within the first 10mins in memtest.

I didn't check if theyre stable running at 4400mhz or 4000mhz, as I'm not happy with those speeds.

So I'm settling for 1kit at 5600mhz. I'm happy that it's stable.

Comment

Again, I’m really surprised by that result with a 13900K, but yeah I agree—64 gigs at 5600 is better than 128 at 4000. Unfortunately, we are both dealing with a new memory tech in its infancy. While I have been successful getting my RAM to work well in a configuration that’s not officially supported by Intel, I know that’s largely due to the work that G.Skill has done with mobo manufacturers. At the end of the day, I guess we all need to be satisfied with what we can get to work.
      Last edited by wdseith; 11-19-2022, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Bash13r, be on the lookout for a new bios for your Hero mobo that specifically supports DDR5 5600 32 gig chips. I just saw a new bios released today from Gigabyte for the Z690 Aorus Master for that specific purpose (among other tweaks for the 13th series Intel processors).

Comment

wdseith Ok will do... Would be nice if a bios update could fix this for me.

Comment

Originally posted by wdseith View Post
            Bash13r, be on the lookout for a new bios for your Hero mobo that specifically supports DDR5 5600 32 gig chips. I just saw a new bios released today from Gigabyte for the Z690 Aorus Master for that specific purpose (among other tweaks for the 13th series Intel processors).
            I did some research about this specific DDR5 memory. All the chips need different voltages (micron, hynix & samsung). I found that the memory I have has samsung chips & that they operate between 1.25v-1.35v VDD & VDDQ.

I started testing yesterday & you wouldn't believe me if you didn't see it yourself. Both kits (2x32gb) work, however the one shoots about 10+ errors in the first 30mins of memtest86 at the stock xmp at 1.25v & then passes 4 passes at 1.35v. The other kit shoots about 10+ errors in the first 30mins of memtest86 at 1.35v & then passes 4 passes at the stock xmp of 1.25v.

So they both work seperately. They just don't work together. I can't run them 4 sticks 128gb at xmp 1.25v or 1.35v because either one of the kits fail.

I'm almost sure if I had 2kits running at either 1.25v or 1.35v, they'll run 4 sticks 128gb at xmp 5600mhz.

Comment

You should be able to set the voltage for each kit separately in your bios. I know I can with mine, As long as the timings and speeds are the same for all 4 sticks, running different voltages for the 4 sticks should not generate any errors. That way you can set 1.25v for the kit that runs best with that and 1.35v for other kit.

Comment

Really!!? I didn't know that I could do that. Thank you.

I've got the Z690 Maximus Hero, do you perhaps know where I could set the voltages seperately?

I'll have a look when I get home later. I don't want to get too excited before the time, maybe my board doesn't support it.

Comment

It should, but unfortunately I don't have your board so I can't properly direct you. With my Gigabyte board, on the same page I'm able to set the DDR5 voltages, I have a choice between "Sync" and "Manual". When I switch the "Sync" setting to "Manual," the ability to change the voltages for each kit appears. You should have a setting that's similar.

Comment

Thank you!

I'll look thru the settings for that. I hope it's there.

Comment

The only thing I could find is PMIC Voltages, set to 'by per PMIC'... It then seperates into PMIC0, PMIC1, PMIC2 & PMIC3 - all have their own VDD & VDDQ voltages.

But how do those PMIC's translate to A1 B1 & A2 B2?

Comment

They should track as follows: PMIC0 = A1, PMIC1 = A2, PMIC2 = B1, PMIC3 = B2. So for the kit in the A1/B1 slots, you would want to set PMIC0 and PMIC2 to the same voltage, and for the kit in the A2/B2 slots, you would set PMIC1 and PMIC3 to the same voltage. I would suggest starting with one kit in the A2/B2 slots, setting the PMIC1 and PMIC3 voltages and confirm the settings were applied properly using an app like HWiNFO64. If both sticks show the same voltages under the "Sensors" tab in HWiNFO64, you know you're tweaking the correct settings in the bios.
                        Last edited by wdseith; 11-21-2022, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Thanx. I'll try that.

Only thing, here is South Africa we have loadshedding, so I need to wait till I get a long enough stretch to do a memtest at the seperate voltages (man I hope this works!)

1 kit 64gb took 7.5hrs, so I'm guessing 2 kits 128gb would take more or less 15hrs. For that I'd need LS to be suspended for a day at least. So testing is paused for a bit.

I'll keep you posted...

Comment

Yikes! Time for everyone to install backup generators over there? :-) Also, note my edits to the post before your last one above.

Comment

Yikes! Time for everyone to install backup generators over there? :-) Also, note my edits to the post before your last one above.
                              Haha, yes indeed. It's rediculous.

I saw your edits, I'll give it a try tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes.

I just hope it at least boots into windows, then it's just onto memtest86.

Comment

They should track as follows: PMIC0 = A1, PMIC1 = A2, PMIC2 = B1, PMIC3 = B2. So for the kit in the A1/B1 slots, you would want to set PMIC0 and PMIC2 to the same voltage, and for the kit in the A2/B2 slots, you would set PMIC1 and PMIC3 to the same voltage. I would suggest starting with one kit in the A2/B2 slots, setting the PMIC1 and PMIC3 voltages and confirm the settings were applied properly using an app like HWiNFO64. If both sticks show the same voltages under the "Sensors" tab in HWiNFO64, you know you're tweaking the correct settings in the bios.
                                OK you were right about the pmic's & the A1 A2 B1 B2.

I set all the voltages correctly in xmp & try to boot. The system cycles thru different q codes as it usually does, but after roughly 10mins it stops on q code 55, which means no memory installed.

Weirdly enough, when I boot with 4 sticks at default or 2 sticks at xmp, it also cycles thru different q codes, but when I see 55 for about a second, I know the system is going to power up & give me a white led, then the cpu cooler powers up, then I get the rog F2 splash, then boots into windows.

I'm sure I can try many other things to get this memory to work, but I'm just not feeling it. I have a stable xmp with 2 sticks at 5600mhz. I'm going to be happy with it & sell the other kit.

If this thing at least booted up with 4 sticks at xmp 5600mhz, I'd have hope to see the memtest thru till it works. But it's not even booting.

Thank you so much for everything wdseith. Tinkering past this isn't for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X